[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1721835548461507.png (237 KB, 2330x526)
237 KB
237 KB PNG
why did Delonge think boxcar racer didnt sound exactly like blink 182 ?
>>
>>122904233
I thought boxcar racer was post hardcore
>>
>>122904304
>post hardcore

what does this even mean
>>
>>122904233
Blink 182 typically had single note riffs between verses and Choruses and was goofy humor.

Boxcar racer was usually power chords and ‘Mature’ themes and the riffs were more or less copying Fugazi. The acoustic aspect sort of undermines the post hardcore nature of the band and the uniqueness of it is lost after self titled on when blink moved past its original music style and incorporated more and more post hardcore elements but if you look you won’t find much acoustic or pure power chord riffing before boxcar.
>>
>>122904352
its bands by people who went to hardcore shows but didn't play hardcore but were inspired by it. i highly doubt that the guys in blink ever actually participated in the hardcore scene. maybe delonge atleast has been. travis is literally a cia agent
>>
>>122904459
ty , very nice.

it didnt seem like a great expansion to me, but your explanation is good, even if seemingly minor it was beyond some sort of boundaries he felt in blink. but maybe also tom wanted to demonstrate this advancement, and maybe mark couldnt move beyond that and tom felt constrained. or tom was thinking even larger change and didnt get there.

also i listened to A&A more than blinjk or BR and Tom had more things in mind
>>
>>122904233
Tom was right. With Mark they would have been Blink 183.
Mark should have started his own side band.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.