[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1716231370902665.jpg (13 KB, 427x274)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>great singer
>10/10 looks
>great songwriter
>can play instruments
>great dancer
>great charisma
>no controversies
>became successful as a teenager
>stronger than ever 15 years later
>never released a bad album

no other artist comes close to ticking all the boxes for the perfect artist.
>>
>>122907294
sorry who is this?
>>
>>122907333
Arianna Grande I think
>>
>>122907349
thanks
>>
>>122907294
>10/10 looks
she's a mid without all those kgs of fake up

>no controversies
some puritans were pissed off at her for dating underage men thrice in her early 20s
>>
>10/10 looks
downhill after 1989 album
>>
Nice satire. Her live singing is sub par, her dancing looks awkward. She has no stage presence and she looks like a tranny.
>>
>>122907294
>>never released a bad album
Reputation and Lover
Midnights was mediocre
And she also messed up every album she redid, especially Red
>>
Her efforts to appear relatable to her fanbase makes me laugh. No, a tall thin blonde woman billionaire doesn't want to be friends with you, no matter how many times she says "I love my fans"
>>
I'm more of a bob dylan or neil young man myself
>>
>>122907294
She has no rizz though
>>
>>122907529
Those album are not as great as her other stuff but they're still good and have some of her biggest hits. I said "never released a bad album", not "all her albums were top tier". Every other great artist has some duds in their discography. Not swift though.
>>
File: taylor liked songs.jpg (9 KB, 297x162)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
I Lover
>>
I respected her for staying politically neutral for a while, then she capitulated to the leftist mobs and did that tranny video.
>>
>>122907579
>projecting those being duds but refusing to actually say it
taylor is never going to feel romantic or sexual attraction towards you.
>>
>>122907631
those albums each have multiple songs with over a billion plays. In no way are those considered duds.
>>
Hopefully, one not-too-distant day, there will be a clear demarcation between a great musician like Carly Rae Jepsen, who never sold much, and commercial products like Taylor Swift. At such a time, pop critics will study their rock history and understand which artists accomplished which musical feat, and which simply exploited it commercially. Taylor Swift's "Aryan" music removed any trace of country from her art. It replaced soulful Americana with linear corporate melody, and youthful teenage attitudes with smug valley-girl petulance.

Contemporary musicians never spoke highly of Taylor Swift, and for good reason. They could never figure out why her songs should be regarded more highly than their own. They knew that she was simply lucky to become a pop phenomenon (thanks to the Kanye West incident, which had nothing to do with her musical merits). That phenomenon kept alive interest in her (mediocre) musical endeavours to this day. There is nothing intrinsically better in Taylor's music. Nothing else grants Taylor more attention than, say, Zola Jesus. Not to mention the far greater musicians who followed Taylor in the subsequent decade or the country musicians themselves who initially spearheaded what Taylor Swift merely later repackaged to the masses.

Taylor Swift sold a lot of records not because she is the greatest musician but simply because her music was easy to sell to the masses: it had no difficult content, it had no technical innovations, it had no creative depth. She wrote a bunch of catchy 3-minute ditties and she was photogenic. If Kanye West had not interrupted Taylor at the 2009 VMA awards, you would not have wasted five minutes of your time reading these pages about such a trivial artist.
>>
>>122907667
>2/15
>2/18
Both objectively failing as albums.
thank you for accidentally agreeing with me.
>>
>>122907667
>multiple songs with over a billion plays
since when did popularity automatically equate quality?
>>
>>122907677
Ok, so I guess half of your songs on an album need a billion plays to be considered successful. I'm curious as to which albums would actually fall into that catagory? Surely the Beatles must have a few right?
>>
>>122907673
you might be spending too much time on this, anon.
>>
>>122907715
it's not about numbers retard, it's about good songs.
the fact you jumped to numbers because you know they're dreadful songs also proves my point
>>
>>122907667
That's because there's millions of swifites who listen to tay tay a lot on repeat.

For the general public, Tay Tay is irrelevant since 2015, when her song "Shake it off" was playing everywhere.

"Look what you made me do" and "Me!" had some airplay but both were quickly disregarded. And the former is just a rip off from Right Said Fred, which had already been a ceritified hit in the 90's

I haven't heard any Taylor Swift on the pop radio at work since 2019 basically. Only her niche, cult of Stans listen to her. She ain't gaining new fans. Olivia Rodrigo is the big thing now, even her Hunger Games song gets tons of airplay at the pop radio.

It's over for Tay Tay, she is over, she has reached her peak, it's all downhill from now. SHe has been replaced by a younger Olivia Rodrigo.
In order for me to listen to Tay Tay, i have to actually to go on sportify or youtube. I'm no longer forced to listen to her music at work.
>>
>>122907706
what other criteria do you want to use then? Critical resonse? Both those albums got good reviews from critics.
>sold well
>singles did well
>critics liked them
>NOOO THEY WERE BAD BECAUSE I SAID SO!
>>
>>122907747
those albums still have good songs outside of the singles though. You just don't like pop music so what's the point.
>>
>>122907790
>You just don't like pop music so what's the point.
holy cope.
just admit taylor made made a bad album, it will make you feel better i promise
>>
>>122907813
I just don't get what your definition of a bad album is supposed to be. To me, it's one with 0 successful songs, critics don't like it, and its just forgettable all around. If you album is below average but still produces some of your most well-known songs, then in no way is it a bad album.
>>
>>122907294
Most of these points are bold-faced lies. Is this a parody thread? I know Taylor is the master of cultivating parasocial relationships, but the grip she has on you has led to downright brainrot. No one in good conscience can say that TTPD wasn't a bloated clunker with questionable lyricism and that's just the bad album she released this year. 1989, Red, Reputation and Lover are all atrocious.
>>
>>122907294
>no controversies
Does the Kanye phone call thing count for that? It’s what inspired Reputation after all.
>>
>>122907529
Reputation is pleb filter and NYD is her best piano ballad by far. I proudly stand by this. Agreed with Lover and TTPD sucked too, though.
>>
>>122907612
She just says the most milquetoast shit imaginable so I just imagine that she only says bland political shit sometimes for the PR.
>>
>>122910576
>Red
Fuck off and fuck you. I’m feelin 22.
>>
The perfect singer huh? Prove it.
https://strawpoll.com/NoZr3ax0Xy3/
>>
>>122910576
Red to Reputation was peak Taylor. /mu/ thought that line where she says, "THE OLD TAYLOR CAN'T COME TO THE PHONE RIGHT NOW. WHY? CAUSE SHE'S DEAD!" was hilarious.
>>
shill thread
>>
>>122910760
No.
…Maybe?
No.
https://strawpoll.com/w4nWrNPWJyA/
>>
TTPD could’ve been great if she just cut the fucking thing in half.
>>
File: GFij0VvWQAALCNy.jpg (1.23 MB, 3000x3000)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB JPG
>>122910809
She did?
>>
>>122907673
>a great musician like Carly Rae Jepsen, who never sold much

nope

there are plenty on the other side from Taylor, the indie side. On the top 40 pop side, there's Taylor and nothing else to talk about.
>>
>>122907673

Women love Taylor more than ever before. That's notable.

This is top 40 pop we're talking about, there really isn't that much reason to be talking about the music part. But Taylor Swift is more popular than the Jews can make her. There is extra special something there that no others have. They can push you to a level of popularity and blare the horns for you full volume and get the maximum result and they know what the result that will be and they just repeat that process over and over. The result of Taylor Swift is just much bigger than just Jews doing their thing. It's interesting to watch what never before seen success looks like.
>>
>>122907706
>since when did popularity automatically equate quality?

especially since top 40 pop is Not Quality.
>>
>>122907755
>I haven't heard any Taylor Swift on the pop radio at work since 2019 basically.

But she has been #1 on the top 40 pop chart within the last year. I don't personally know Taylor Swift songs really that much. Shake it off was big. Might Cruel Summer be a Taylor Swift song? That was 1 on the top 40 pop chart recently. You say you haven't heard it. I don't think I've heard it, but it was on the charts. Other people heard it, the people who listen to that type of music.

More important than those charts you're looking at are album charts, even though those charts are getting worse and worse. Taylor currently has 6 or 7 of the top 50 albums. And has for years. It's absolutely crazy and no one comes close. Complete and total domination by Taylor Swift.
>>
>>122910576

you sound like a gay

good, bad, this is top 40 pop, not something you should be putting under the microscope.

those albums you think are good or bad or whatever? are they on the top 50 album charts? You find quality elsewhere, for top 40 pop, look at those album charts. she's really popular.
>>
If you don't remember the hype when 1989 came out you're too young for this website.
>>
File: taytor.jpg (39 KB, 640x640)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>
>>122907349
>>122907427
Actually it's Katie Spears.
>>
>>122912202
Ponder the odor
>>
>>122912189
Just think, if you just let TPAB win AOTY at the 2015 Grammy’s, instead of 1989, everything wouldn’t be nearly as DEI-soaked as it is right now.
>>
>>122907294
At least half of these things are false.
>>
>>122912202
Bad Buffet
Blank Plate
Gorging
Waddle it Off
I knew you were Truffle
>>
She keeps trying, but she’s just unable to outdo her pandemic albums.
https://strawpoll.com/BDyNEep9OZR/
https://strawpoll.com/wby5ARL6XyA/
>>
>>122907294
>great singer
literally just competent. not exceptional in any manner.
>10/10 looks
sure
>great songwriter
no. her lyricism is trite and heavy handed. her composition is overly simplistic and bland. she's pretty good at pop hooks but that's about it.
>can play instruments
I would hope so given that she's a musician and everything
>great dancer
anon.
>great charisma
...anon...
>no controversies
is this a shitpost. are you twelve years old
>became successful as a teenager
was born into immense wealth as a teenager*
>stronger than ever 15 years later
give her that
>never released a bad album
she has released several

>no other artist comes close to ticking all the boxes for the perfect artist.
swifties are so profoundly sauceless it's unreal
>>
>>122912408
>TPAB
Unironically total, irredeemable trash. Even if 1989 isn't that good (it's great) it's leagues better than the anti art of that hack Kendrick Lamar.
>>
>>122912202
if you've seen her mother you know this is her future
>>
>>122907294
>>great singer
shes really not a great singer by any stretch. if you've seen any of the footage of her recent tour thats isn't fixed in post-production for an official release she has no power to her voice and her pitch is awful. Not to mention half the time it looks like she ain't even really singing. the only redeeming feature is that almost all the other modern pop tarts are just as bad at their jobs as she is. Without studio magic and post-production all these cunts would be nothing.
>>
>>122907294
brah she's mid asf fr
>>
>>122913875
>no controversies
>is this a shitpost. are you twelve years old
There's nothing controversial about having many boyfriends or having some rapper spread lies about you that later proved you correct.
>>
>>122914215
anon. she's had many controversies and has upset many people for various reasons. even the rollout of her most recent album was controversial.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.