[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 047447049.jpg (49 KB, 664x739)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>releases objectively bad album in 2019
>since then has hardly released anything outside of a collection of mostly instrumental demos
How the hell is he still so popular? Even zoomers that were 10 years old when salad days came out still love him
>>
>smoking
>>
literally who
>>
I dug my 2 and Salad Days CDs out and listened to them for the first time in like 6 or 7 years and it absolutely blew my mind that it’s been ten years
>>
>>122909267
zoomzooms love vibeslop and demarco is its patron saint
>>
>>122909299
>Liberal
>>
>>122909267
I listened to his stuff when I was 17 I am the most based person ever to have listened to his stuff, and so is everyone else my age.
>>
I'd rather listen to Beck
>>
>>122909267
>sperg who has been programmed to believe you must constantly work and strive now struggles to comprehend that popular doesn’t necessarily fade and can even grow in spite of a lack of continual action
2-3 threads like this per day
>>
Au Revior Simone was a helluva band, y'all
>>
>>122909779
Three. Three part harmony. With Luscious synth folky hottness
>>
>>122909560
Genuinely curious, do you mean vibe as in “dig the vibez” or the sound of vibrato?
>>
>>122909964
He means vibe as in feeling
Apparently zoomers are obsessed with it.
Let's forget that era of derivative post-rock in the 2000's with shimmer deployed ad nauseum and songs consisting of pointless ambient noodling and tired crescendos
We're the vibes over substance ones
>>
>>122909964
i mean as in yuppie wine bar wallpaper music. see also faye webster, men i trust, etc; gentrificationcore. mac demarco basically made a career out of doing rockabye baby versions of ween
>>
>>122910115
Faye Webster is the only gen z person here,
Millenial yuppies spearhead gentrification, gen z are too young
WTF are you talking about bro
>>
>>122910115
Ween & Mac. Mac was always a slow groove RnB guy at heart. You fucking missed it, bro
>>
Is this an ironic thread? Mac was big when I was in highschool and he has plummeted off the relevancy cliff
>>
>>122910159
Yeah last time anyone listened to him was like 2018-2019
That mini-era of pseudo-skater soft indie subculture (also associated with Tyler and Golf for some reason) is done
>>
>lost his hair
>quit smoking
>terrible beer gut
>stays in his garage 14 hours a day making lofi beats
>>
>>122910140
>WTF are you talking about bro
music
>>122910154
hope he sees this bro
>>
>>122910182
>music
When I hear music discussion I'm under the assumption that we're talking about human music on Planet Earth and not in the fantasy world inside your head
>>
>>122910225
You live inside my head. You. You're a simulation lf you will
>>
>>122910225
>human music
no, we're talking about mac demarco. try to keep up
>>
>>122910159
He has 18 million monthly listeners on spotify and every couple of months a song of his blows up on tiktok (say what you will about tiktok but it shows his music is still popular enough to trend with young people). Even his weird 200 track demo album did well and got talked about a lot on music spaces except on /mu/ but this place is dead
>>
File: (You).jpg (131 KB, 1436x1408)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>122910344
>music spaces
>>
T
R
U
S
T

F
U
N
D
E
R
>>
Never was into his music, but his instrumental album is the best thing he's released, and I've enjoyed a feature or two of him on other artists' songs.
>>
File: 233426537567423625.jpg (67 KB, 599x605)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>122909267
memed to death
playlisted to hell
I still listen to a song or two from this one, his best btw
>>
I'm just glad he hasn't rereleased his albums with slowed reverb versions for tiktok
>>
I met him at a show right after 2 came out and he was so drunk and kept handing me merch and saying it was free. I felt bad and was cringe by trying to give money to the bass player later for the stuff. He laughed and told me not to worry about it.

Pretty sure Mac got arrested for drunk driving later that night and he never came back to our town again
>>
hasnt been good since salad days but i saw him live that tour and it was legendary, kind of thing anyone cool was going to see at the time, i think ty segall had more staying power harmonzier was killer this song is definition of cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G865ngen4qY

>>122910344
that 200 track demo was awful, of course you can pump out endless half baked unfinished tunes
>>
Honestly I like one Wayne g. I used to listen to it while I went to sleep. It's not a serous record but I respect him for just dumping all his demos instead of just letting them rot.
>>
he's still the best
>>
>>122909267
he wrote classic songs nonstop for a decade
>>
he's just nothing but a brand now. Like the Nike of Indie music.
>>
>>122909267
He was very popular from like 2013-2018 and probably coasted off that since theres no real replacement in the rock world. In the 2020s the most hyped indie is less poppy more wanky stuff like BCNR so that's not going to replace the Tame Impalas or Mac Demarcos
>>
>>122913117
I saw James Ferraro open for him in PDX back in 2016. Strange duo but it was awesome. The Mac teens didnt really get James
>>
File: Macdemarco2cover.png (108 KB, 300x300)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
>>122909267
I will love him forever for such a masterpiece album

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.