[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 61JpnY+8KkL._AC_SL1000_.jpg (92 KB, 1000x990)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>provide social commentary
>talk about the passage of time and the dangers of lingering into it
>ponders on the ignorance of modern day men
>served as a blueprint for artists to come
>has two (2) amazing instrumentals
>one of the songs has a bassline that still marvels people to this day
>pushed boundaries in the studio for it's day
>outstanding work on all instruments
>part of a run of classic albums
>basically a Dark Side of the Moon but better
i wanna hear from you people, why is Wonder's Songs in the Key of Life generally ignored in discussions of "classic albums"?
>>
>>122911472
because very few people like it/listen to it, partly because of its length I guess (105 min)
>>
>>122911472
>i wanna hear from you people, why is Wonder's Songs in the Key of Life generally ignored in discussions of "classic albums"?
It's literally like, the most beloved album of all time next to Rumours and Thriller. Where the fuck do you get the impression that it's "generally ignored"?
>>
>>122911472
Another Star is fucking incredible, and a definite contender for the best song of the 70s. As is also great. Never cared too much for Sir Duke. Black Man is great and so over the top it always cracks me up. The final four songs don't add too much for me. It's a great album for sure, certainly not underrated. I do listen to Innervisions, and even Fulfillingness' First Finale more though.
>>
File: Trump cringe.jpg (22 KB, 501x414)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>First point is "social commentary"
>three more before any mention of actual music
>>
>>122911472
it’s on every single best of list and his other albums are ignored
>>
Great album no doubt, some amazing key sig changes as well. A real shame the retards of /mu/ don't discuss it more often.
>>
>>122911472
it's a double album. it's just too long.
all of stevie wonder's albums are totally fucking great. every one of them has at least one song that is on a list of best songs of the century.
>>
>>122911472
it sounds atrociously campy no amount of musicianship will make me like this normie appealing shit
>>
>>122911472
Yeah it’s incredible. Indisputably one of the great albums of all time. Too many great tracks to name - the whole album is deserving of praise. Stevie is the man.
>basically a Dark Side of the Moon but better
Not really getting this comparison. Other than both artists had a run of great albums in the 70s.
>why is Wonder's Songs in the Key of Life generally ignored in discussions of "classic albums"?
It’s not
>>
>>122911472
>i wanna hear from you people, why is Wonder's Songs in the Key of Life generally ignored in discussions of "classic albums"?
It's literally in the top 10 of almost every best album ever list

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.