[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 061114-JasonMolina.jpg (107 KB, 690x460)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
Jason Molina was an amazing songwriter. Would he have have had more success if he was more attractive or was his bluesy-indie rock or americana sound mostly a dead end? Not pop enough?
>>
>>122911686
He would have had more success if he rode the wave of magnolia electric co, instead he drank himself to death
>>
>>122911686
I love him but it has to be fpbp.
Then again, had he not been so miserable, he probably wouldn't have been such a good songwriter, regardless of his success.
>>
File: apu.jpg (45 KB, 746x541)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>Rise moon, right above me
>Show an American, if really
>I am the snake, they're all saying
>If they look up here, do they see just my black tail swaying?
>If I'm all fangs, and all lies, and all poison
>If I'm really what they're saying
>I don't want to disappoint them
>>
His insurmountable issue was having a bad singing voice. He was never gonna get anywhere.
>>
>>122915620
I have the original vinyl copy of that album and sadly that song isn't on it. No idea why that wasn't on the standard album, it's on of the best songs he ever wrote.
>>
>>122917418
What song?
>>
>>122918038
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO6abj9yRUc
>>
>>122915645
Why? He has a better voice than Thom Yorke who sounds like a dying cat and Radiohead is one of the most famous bands in the world (I don't like them but still it's a fact) in spite of that
>>
>>122918102
He doesn't. Thom's is bad in a pleasing way, like with Neil Young or Jack White, and it's occasionally remarkable and conventionally good. Molina's is just bad and bland all around.
>>
>>122918102
Thom Yorke can do a falsetto though.
>>
>>122918157
>fag with shit taste
>>
He could have at least shaved his fucking unibrow. But there was no way he was gonna get big. It's too well written. I hate to say it because I do love his voice and lyrics but he wasn't gonna be a huge artist.
>>
What was /mu/ like when he passed away? Did he get a sticky?
>>
>>122918903
I was active at the time, I really don't think there was. I do remember making an RIP Facebook post that got 1 like.

This song came up as the Free iTunes Song of the Day or whatever when I was about 15 years old: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAXNnB1wRAQ

Hadn't heard anything from Jason or Magnolia Electric, and it was just in awe. Dripping with poignancy... "show me any two eyes that don't believe in the dark, I'd like to see them try to hold back the stars"
>>
MJ Lenderman mogs him at his own game
>>
>>122915645
>bad singing voice
Nah
>>
he should have just smoked weed
>>
>>122919571
yeah, for real. I tried to smoke myself to death for about ten years, and all I did was reduce my cardiovascular heath by like 10%...

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.