[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>NOOOOO YOU CAN'T BE RESPECTABLE SONGWRITERS! YOU HAVE TO ONLY WRITE SHITTY PUNK SONGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is what the seethe comes down to. Punkfags are the lowest IQ babies of all time.
>>
For me, it's gotta be Train in Vain
>>
>>122911832
What? The Clash is a very respected band among both punks and non-punks
>>
File: THIS GUY.jpg (12 KB, 237x258)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>122912098
Punks HATE The Clash, and have ALWAYS HATED THE CLASH!
I'm a first generation punker, and we saw right through them from day one!
>>
>>122911832
I'll be honest, these guys don't really play 'smash your guitar' music, which came as a surprise to me the first time I listened to them
>>
>>122911832
The worst band between them, The Sex Pistols, and The Ramones.
>>
>>122911832
Someone should've told The Clash that before they released this stinker
>>
>>122911832
I love this and their first few but Sandinista seemed like a slog
>>
I actually had a nightmare last night in which someone made a fun "experimental" cover album of this which in turn made me love the original

thankfully it was just a nightmare, relistening to this now it's just poopy pop rock for the most part, they tried the songwriting thing without having a smidgen of a knack for it, I'd listen to like ramones a million times over this shit even though I don't even like them that much

lost in the supermaket is fun tho desu
>>
>>122911832
Holy cow you’ve got to be kidding me
>>
Im a fan of punk rock, but Punks are mouth breathing retards that I don't want to be associated with.
>>
>>122914105
The Clash are worse than several Punk acts
>>
>>122911832
Holy cow - youve got to be kidding. This band was without doubt the most spineless and lamest of 'punk' acts. They sound exactly like they were - pub-rock Bandwagon jumpers. The debut was a tinny, cowardly super-fake sack of tripe - this album was where they tried to get all arty and break away from the 'punk' label (which they never were in the first place) and thus is a mish-mash of styles including pure pop, rock and roll, doo-wop, reggae and god knows what else. Nice idea, but the clash were just too talentless to pull it off. I saw this band way back in late 76 and thought then what a bunch of fake poseurs they were - Joe strummer the upper middle class voice of the working class! what a laugh. This band were so fake its just unbelivable that anyone bought into it at all. But then again, people read the sun newspaper, vote for politicians, watch eastenders, eat in mcdonalds etc. Talk about the great rock and roll swindle - this is it kids!
>>
>>122911832
One of the most overrated albums ever recorded
>>
>>122911832
I noticed that it’s the same cover style as Elvis Presleys album.
>>
>>122911832
>respectable songwriters
>Clash
>>
>>122911832
The problem isn't that they abandoned their early style but that they're shit at trying the new one. See also combat rock: aor for yuppies
>>
File: IMG_5853.jpg (57 KB, 603x444)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>122911832
WHITE RIOT
I WANNA RIOT
WHITE RIOT
A RIOT OF MY OWN
>>
>>122912770
I have never smelled zoomer on a fag more..

This album is good you guys just hate popular things cause you’re mentally 14
>>
>>122916296
I am a BOOMER and first generation punk rocker.
I was born in 1964, and I speak from personal experience.
We saw through the phoniness of The Clash from the very beginning.
London Calling finally revealed The Clash for the band wagon jumpers we knew that they were ever since the White Riot single.
>>
Bump

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.