[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

All the musicians I used to like keep killing themselves or get accused of sex crimes and not killing themselves.
>>
stop listening to indie slop then.
>>
>>122913622
I was talking about the Runescape soundtrack.
>>
File: 1000000220.jpg (7 KB, 250x250)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>122913612
That is why you listen to 60s 70s rock. Open diddlers, at least by today's standards, uncancelable.
>>
>>122913612
All my favorite musicians are fucking losers now. They're burnt-out 40-somethings who haven't released music since 2017 and are now working as school teachers or dog walkers or Starbucks managers. I'm not kidding. You can find them on Facebook now and they're just...total fucking losers. No one knows who they were, how important or innovative their art was for a little bit. In their prime (a decade ago or longer) they were getting glowing reviews and Pitchfork BNM buzz, then their lightning petered out and their later releases became lackluster and uninspired, and now they're working at Target or some shit. It's just so depressing to watch. They were my heroes.
This industry steals your youth and spits you out as a hollow crumpled up shell of what you once were. It leaves you with nothing to show for all your hard work. It makes me want to cry.
>>
>>122913612
Killing yourself is just the thinking man's choice
>>
>>122913612
Just listen to musicians that are already dead. I do this myself without even realizing it.
>>
Follow your leaders
>>
>>122913790
My neighbor is in a still-touring band that was very popular for being the one band from our city to obtain any commercial success. He lives in that city still, suburban dad with two daughters, mostly normal life besides going away to tour every few months. I never really cared for their music but he seems happy. I've seen the case you're describing too, though. We're just getting older. When a scene explodes it feels like the only thing that matters, because it's channeled all the feelings of a collective group of people into an articulated song. Avicii was like that when I was in college.

The couple of Ska bands I listened to all tour in the Caribbean now, which I feel like wouldn't be the worst outcome.

>>122913802
Seems like you're not doing much thinking, then.
>>
>>122918350
To build on this, if you go to a Paul McCartney concert you'll see the same thing - these boomers are 60 to 70 years old now. They've lived full, though mostly unremarkable lives, and when the music plays they dance like when they were kids. That happens to all of us; we all get our season to flower and our season to die. It can be tremendously troubling to see it happen at a generational level, because it's an outward reminder that we won't be here forever. But I think there's something comforting in knowing that it will happen again and again - there will be new youth, and new experiences, and new conditions of life, but the music will keep playing so long as there is someone there to listen.
>>
>>122913643
lmfao
>>
>>122913612
all my favorite musicians are either murderers or racists. lol.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.