[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: christgau7.jpg (17 KB, 259x194)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
Cat Scratch Fever [Epic, 1977]
Ted Nugent may have turned into a living cartoon but better cartoon carnivores than cartoon vegans and better the Kiss imitation of today than the Robin Trowers of yesteryear. Ted's no more misogynist than Kiss and he sings better. Ten fast, simple, stupid songs for guitar, voice, and shoutalong, four or five of which ought to keep anyone under 25 awake on the freeway for an hour. B
>>
>>122916165
>and he sings better
nearly all the vocals were by Mark St John
>>
>>122916165
thank you for reminding me how me and my brother used to get fucked up and laugh at Cat Scratch Fever.
>>
>>122916188
He ditched Mark and did lead vocals himself starting with this album, unfortunately he's not a very good singer compared to Mark.
>>
Death by Experimentation was a song making fun of Alice Cooper's career decline in the late 70s. Just a little fyi
>>
>Nugent has said that the title track was not a sexual metaphor as is commonly believed, but literally about an incident from his childhood when the family cat scratched him.
>>
>>122916165
Cat Scratch Fever isn’t nearly as good as his solo debut or its follow up, Free-For-All.
>>
>>122916303
no but it was his biggest seller so it got more attention than the others
>>
>>122916188
>>122916278
I assume you mean Derek St. Holmes instead of Mark St. John. Mark St. John was the guitarist for KISS after Vinnie Vincent. Derek St. Holmes was the singer for Ted Nugent. Understandable mistake.
>>
>>122916323
yeah that guy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.