[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Converge-JaneDoe.jpg (28 KB, 300x300)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
is metalcore considered bad? i only see respect for pic related and maybe Botch
>>
>>122916619
Is heroine considered bad? like the people who listen to metalcore
>>
>>122916629
idgi
>>
>>122916619
That's mathcore though
>>
>>122916758
It's really not. It's like people who claim Vein is mathcore, lol. We aren't talking about DEP here.
>>
>>122916619
Coalesce, Deadguy, Kiss It Goodbye, Rorschach?
>>
>>122916619

that album is considered the best metalcore album. I could go over to rym, look and see what other categories that album and other Converge albums fall into.

Why don't all the fans of all the metalcore just go to rym, notice that they should be listening to Converge, and do that. Then, after that, go see their shows, which would be in huge venues, because Metalcore has a lot of fans, and the fans are listening to lesser bands.

This year - Knocked Loose #24 metalcore album all time. Dillinger Escape Plan. Some Mastodon considered Metalcore. Norma Jean is 34. Every Time I Die from 2016. Zao. Cave In, Underoath, Today is the Day, 25th anniversary of the album with the Mastodon guys. August Burns Red.

I'm just scrolling down the RYM all time list. I can't tell if they're making less Metalcore now, or if the Metalcore they're making now is less popular than before.

Based on what I'm looking at, I'd say there are plenty of good Metalcore bands in the history of Metalcore. It's possible I need to scroll down to #1000 and see a bunch of awful Metalcore of today, but there are a lot of good ones you can get, can go see, etc.

Between the buried and me 2021,
Trivium 21
Seeyouspacecowboy 21
>>
>>122916619
converge and botch and DEP absolutely suck
>>
>band x sucks
>band x is not subgenre y
>subgenre y sucks
Which post should I make?
>>
>>122916619
I've always loathed coreshit. It's deeply ugly music that takes itself way too seriously
>>
>>122916619
skramz did what metalcore couldn't do. all those mid 30 year old cornballs screaming to so some overproduced metal riffs will never convey real emotions. what the hell are they even crying about in their songs? all the metalcore fans i know are predators, so maybe it's that?
>>
The only fun metalcore was 2nd wave melodeath worship, shit actually had good riffs
For some reason this board only likes the metalcore with none of that influence that sounds like shit
>>
>>122916619
Its fuckin gay like op
>>
>>122916619
Don't think it's hated anymore except by elitists and retrograde metalheads. Nobody gives a shit about metalcore anymore, for good and bad. Knocked Loose are hugely popular yet no one ever criticizes them for being metalcore, it's just irrelevant to their music. One of the bad parts of metalcore being accepted is the canon of acclaimed bands getting solidified; Jane Doe is rightfully seen as the genre's biggest achievement, yet most people don't check underrated gems by bands such as Codeseven, Disembodied, Zao etc., that did their own takes of the genre in ways that are still mostly unexplored. Seems like the genre has become gentrified by "brutal", beatdown inspired bands like Knocked Loose, etc., and the influence of genres like midwest emo, math rock, sludge metal, etc., has become lost in the mix of modern metalcore.
>>
>>122919423

Rebecca Black's metalcore band was great
>>
anybody know - besides Knocked Loose - what newish metalcore bands there are who are popular, whether critics or RYM like them or not
>>
>>122920800
Code Orange
Vein.fm
Seeyouspacecowboy
Darko
Ice Nine Kills
>>
https://youtu.be/-QaOPPYkGH8?si=dZRIXRMz3C_JKCHq

this is new today - Kaonashi. Seen them live, and do have a metalcore sound at times. I don't think this falls under the category of metalcore though.
>>
>>122920852

Ice Nine Kills counts as metalcore?

Code Orange got a grammy nom a couple years back, yes?

there should have been and maybe was, some sort of overlap between Blue Ridge Rock Festival and metalcore. seems like there was to some degree. It also appears that metalcore was most popular in the early mid 2000s.

thanks for the list
>>
>>122916824
nta, but it's actually mathcore. hope this helps.
>>
https://youtu.be/LmkjvZ7hNek?si=8YJfpxUZx_HAFLsD

here is new Kaonashi that sounds like metalcore or hardcore
>>
>>122920902
Ice Nine Kills is considered melodic metalcore. Code Orange is mostly alternative metal nowadays, WWEcore I'd say, but they still have hints of their original metalcore sound.

>Blue Ridge Rock Festival
Yes, Parkway Drive was there last year, as were Lorna Shore and Knocked Loose. I think that metalcore has been getting more and more gentrified as time passes, and most new bands are polished enough that they can kind of pass alongside the Slipknot / Disturbed fans nowadays; they're really not that different: catchy choruses and heavy breakdowns are the basis of their music. Raw metalcore is much rarer now than it used to be in the 90s and 00s.
>>
>>122920800
Lorna Shore though they are deathcore
>>
>>122920800
i make metalcore/scene, but i'm not popular
>>
>>122918281
Check discogs
Caring about rym general charts?
>>
>>122916619
Metalcore, similarly to post-hardcore, got co-opted by the Warped Tour scene who took it ran it into the ground to the point where it was unrecognizable from its roots.
Both genres were great in the 90s (and 80s for post-hardcore), got fucked up in the 2000s by scene kids, and are seeing revivals starting since the late 2010s to the present by bands that are inspired by the good old shit.
>>
>>122916758
retard
>>
>>122920800
some of these may border on hxc / metallic hardcore in some opinions but all are putting out solid tunes
>Kublai Khan
>No Warning
>Nothing Left
>Orthodox
>Year of the Knife
>Anklebiter

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.