[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1721924471859.jpg (24 KB, 400x400)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
Why aren't sharethreads a thing anymore
>>
Because streaming
>>
>>122916932
because rapidshare and megaupload went away.
>>
>>122916932
No one would contribute.
>>
You can find anything on youtube
>>
Also, no one knows shit about music here anymore and we patricians see no point in putting in any effort anymore.
>>
>>122916932
music streaming is easier
>>
>>122916970
>>122918881
The point was to share obscure shit you couldn't find anywhere else. Stuff that wasn't on streaming, youtube, p2p fileshare clients, or torrents. Sure some people just used it to share whatever they downloaded from Soulseek that week, but it was more about sharing and preserving obscure music.
>>
File: 1701738020757221.jpg (176 KB, 1080x1080)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
>>122916932
Streaming ruined /mu/. People no longer search for obscure stuff. They just sit around waiting for Spotify to recommend them old pitchforkcore bands like Grandaddy or Clap Your Hands Say Yeah and then they pat themselves on the back for listening to "obscure" music
>>
>>122916932
You ruined it. And now you must pay.
>>
>>122918927
for me it wasnt about how hard stuff was to get. since people mostly share stuff they like I saw sharethreads as lists of recommendations
>>
> Death of Rapidshare/Megaupload
> Mediafire enforces copyright claims
> Torrents became less popular because many of the best sites got taken down
> SEO & AI ruined organic discovery on the internet
> Streaming successfully reduced the prevalence and popularity of piracy, at least for music
> Anons grew up and moved on
> New users have always lived with today's internet and do not know what they missed out on

That's basically it.
>>
>>122918927
You can find obscure shit on youtube now
>>
>>122919619
There is also still a lot of stuff that isn't on youtube.
>>
>>122916932
Soulseek
>>
>>122916932
mediafire and megaupload are kill
>>
>>122919026
This nigga has never heard of loser - the chisel
>>
>>122916932
Old /mu/ was so shit everyone left and it became a ghost town which got taken over by Swifties and K-pop Stans.

Sadly there are still a handful of geriatric boomer leftovers from those days who have nowhere else to go and cannot remove their nostalgia glasses. They spend most of their time reminiscing about 'le good old days' and seething at zoomers. Make no mistake, there's a good reason why old /mu/ died.
>>
>>122916932
I blame /pol/
>>
>>122919768
i'm on here to troll the zoomers.
>>
Normies invaded and ruined everything
>>
>>122916970
>>122919594
This and
>grateful dead schizo requesting an album that he had mislabeled and refused to pull his head out of his ass and instead trolled every share thread out of spite
>the same two shills constantly spamming their garbo in every share thread and derailing threads with shitty troll behavior
>>
>>122919768
>there's a good reason why old /mu/ died
this
all the tripgods left. without tripgods to curate /mu/ culture, the board was doomed
>>
YouTube recommends me better music than you fags
>>
whatever the reason, i'm just glad that there was sharethreads. found out about freddie gibbs and a whole bunch of doom metal bands because of those.
>>
>>122919940
Thinking about it, youre probably right. Without Tripfags to keep Anons under control, shitposting is always going to take over.
>>
>>122919940
>>122920122
you anons are couldn't be more wrong. tripfags have always been annoying attention seeking losers whose only value is to say idiotic things into the void for a crumb of (you)s. anon is strong, intelligent and highly independent and never needed some tripnigger to guide their taste. personally i blame kpop and poptimisim in general for diluting the quality of users and ruining our humble community of music appreciating patricians
>>
>>122919768
the old /mu/ vanguard is what keeps this place useable, a lot of /mu/core is still better than the majority of artists talked about on here
>>
>>122920220
idk senpai. NMH is, was, and always be garbage.
>>
>>122920216
clearly untrue because peak /mu/ had the highest proportion of tripgods on the whole site, and board quality is much worse now with practically no tripgods
kpoop is totally irrelevant, the koomers stay contained and everyone else filters the threads and never even sees them.
>>
>>122920216
Yup. Tripfags are scum
>>
>>122920268
none of us who were tripfags want to even remember that period of our lives. It was like a highschool lunch room full of cliques, retarded drama, bullying, gossiping. Certain trips hated each other and shat up threads measuring e-penises, and one chick even got her nudes leaked. It was a total shitshow that none of us want brought into our real lives, which is why most of us stopped tripping. We grew up.

>>122920330
is correct.
>>
>>122920386
youre describing the behaviour of a small handful of easily filtered clowns. if you got drawn into that kind of shit, it was your own fault.
>>
There is not a single tripfag worth remembering or reminiscing about.
>>
>>122920487
i mean was the gorespammer climaxia's fault?
>>
>>122916932
wayne garf posted his albums in them and made the op seethe into a heart attack
>>
>that faggot that kept posting his stupid hillbilly folk pop album
>/prod/ fags shilling their bandcamp crap as le hidden artists
>>
I used to post with a trip, but solely when I was posting or sharing music. It wasn't so that I'd have some persona and banter, it was only for other people that may share my taste to know they might be into whatever I'd posted. Back then share threads and giving recs was far more common, so I would have occasion for it often. The stupid drama, be it feuds or even other trips talking to or about me positively, I shunned.
>>
>>122920630
are you drum n bass label share friend??? cause if you are, i still wanna download all of the metalheadz and black sun empire you got.
>>
also i kind of miss the gore spammer. see a thread you don't like??? post the key words in the thread and it got shat upon.
>>
>there are people here who actually miss tripfags

Put your trip back on. Not that it would do you any good. The world has moved on. You will be buried in the ashes of the old world, a bygone relic from a forgotten age.
>>
>>122916932
mu died
>>
I'm Batman
>>
I am the walrus
>>
>>122916932
>Why aren't sharethreads a thing anymore
I shut them down because all the music in them was shit
>>
>>122916932
honestly i still find good stuff on here sometimes
stina nordenstam is probably the most recent one
>>
>>122919768
/thread
>>
>>122916932
I don't like your haircut.
>>
>>122916932
Because I said so
>>
>>122916932
I shared everything already and newfags know they can’t compete.
>>
I just jumped on here after years of not using this website to see if there was a sharethread and I'm pre sad to see it not a thing anymore. Would find something good fairly often.
>>
File: 1707544283769342.gif (1.54 MB, 498x417)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB GIF
>>122916932
There are enough music preservation channels on youtube for my favorite genres that I don't really care anymore. /mu/ is just for shitposting now.
>>
>>122928090
>music preservation
>youtube
Lossy compression isn't preservation.
>>
Isn't every thread with music shared a share thread? I've tried ignoring this thread but christ I've downloaded so much music this last few months
>>
>>122920233
That's just wrong aeroplane is a God tier album and anyone with functioning ears would know that. Production and songwriting alone
>>
>>122928114
pretending you notice a difference (when there is none) preserves your virginity, though
>>
Buyfags are the answer to the zoomer problem
>>
>>122919594
>> Mediafire enforces copyright claims
mega has started to do this as well. not to the same extent that makes mediafire useless but enough to make me cautious
>>
>>122920577
>>that faggot that kept posting his stupid hillbilly folk pop album
someone apparently got filtered. kek
>>
There's a sharethread like every couple months here. Go check the fucking archives retarded hwh*toid
>>
>>122928252
>every couple of months
That's the problem, idiot
>>
>>122920220
Radiohead's mid
Velvet Underground's mediocre
Ziggie Stardust sucks
REM sucks
The Smiths are mid
The Beatles are mid
Wish You Were Here is mid
Remain in Light is mid
Madvilliany is mediocre
Weezer is just OK
Loveless is just OK
Built to Spill is just OK
Fishmans sucks

Not that there isn't plenty of good mucore, but it's hardly a bastion of taste
>>
>>122931257
post your chart

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.