[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Music from the last 30 years vs music from the previous 30 years, which do you prefer?
Is music just as good now as it was in the late 20th century? Or has it gotten better or worse?
>>
>>122917226
Music is hard to justify by using qualitatives alone. 30 years ago, music had more soul to me, now it seems less. But that's my narrow opinion from a solely American and British Music pov. The world is vast with a plethora upon a plethora of new exciting genres releasing EVERYDAY! And, much new music is just as good as 30 years ago, more soulful in places where the music inudstry isn't as it is in the west, a music shitdustry. Personally, I'd say the music industry needs itself a refresher and soon. In fact the entire entertainment industry is dying, and corpos think AI will save it. They're dead wrong.

Sorry to rant, but the music industry is cooked right now. As far as music, good as long as it's not the popular shit today. Good music is timeless, new or old.
>>
>>122917540
rare W take. Great music is still being made all over the world, even in more quantities than before, it's just not on the western charts and that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's just the major labels are blind and missing out
>>
>>122917540
>>122917749
If you could only listen to one of these eras of music which one would you choose? mid-60s to mid-90s vs mid-90s to today?
You still get to listen to new music that comes out from now on, but you will have to cut out one of those eras.
>>
>>122917791
Thing is, I'm a drummer. I can't just pick and choose. Even if it was the 60s and so on, I'd still be learning pieces from before to learn the feel and technique in the hopes (even with my take on the msuic shitdustry) that I'll be able to slightly unshitify some newer music in pop or rock.
>>
>>122917791
Sorry I couldn't help to clarify that anymore bro
>>
>>122917226
What would be Taylor Swift's Revolver
>>
>>122918195
Her dad's Merrill Lynch portfolio. It made her whole career.
>>
>>122917749
>even in more quantities
which translates to a hell of a lot of more filler than the previous decades

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.