[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_2344.jpg (636 KB, 1015x871)
636 KB
636 KB JPG
>Enjoying beautiful Townes van zandt song.
>Decide to look it up if there’s any back story:
>This song was written for 19 year old Leslie Ann Richards who volunteered to go get Townes' finger picks which he had forgotten to bring to the recording session. She hitchhiked back to where he had left them, and was picked up by a guy who stabbed and murdered her. Townes was in shock and felt responsible.
>it’s his favorite song and refused to ever play it live
https://youtu.be/qhO7G6xoMKk?si=-KN723c1mMjjHT78
>>
>This guys entire life was hell
lol I love TVZ music but he was a literal trust fund brat whose family owned half of Texas, he chose to go slumming with poor drunks to give himself something to write about
>>
>>122919947
Weren't a lot of his problems entirely voluntary and self-inflicted, like drinking too much alcohol? It's one thing to be a victim of circumstance, but when you have the power to create your OWN circumstances and choose to create shitty ones, my sympathy vanishes.
>>
>>122920470
Country swans
>>
>>122920470
Legitimate artistic choice. William Burroughs would have been the heir to a typewriter fortune, but instead he shot his wife in the face and fled to Mexico
>>
>>122920470
Chris Mccandless situation
>>
>>122920470
Uh he chose to be an artist and ended up having severe mental health issues, family admitted him and he did insulin shock therapy and it fucked him up. His mother said it was her biggest regret. And just bc your family is wealthy doesn’t shield you from reality etc. I always see poors jealous and think all their problems are because they didn’t have a rich family.
>>
Imagine hanging out in a music forum and shitting on the greatest songwriter that ever lived. Retarded faggots.

Snow Don’t Fall is so sad it’s hard to listen to even without knowing the backstory.
>>
>>122922506
Is this post literally that clairo cunt? Let's see those tits you dumb xanax wannabe whore
>>
>>122920500
Oh no anon doesn’t have sympathy for the very mentally ill guy who somehow gave himself bipolar disorder and subsequently self medicated after experiencing severe trauma! He brought it on himself! I wish my family were rich! Midwit
>>
>>122922527
Dude, you’re like, really poor and you have real problems. I’m sorry.
>>
>>122919947
Art is pain and that's why musicians fall off when they make enough money to lose their struggle
>>
>>122922510
>the greatest songwriter that ever lived
That's bizarro-jimi hendrix
>>
>>122922552
Let's see those fake tits
>>
>>122922510
>the greatest songwriter that ever lived
lol
lmao
ijbol
rofl
kek
>>
>>122920500
His mental illness was made much worse by some ECT he received when he was young. The alcoholism was likely self-medication. Townes didn't feel sorry for himself, he just genuinely wanted to die a lot of the time. Success doesn't help the anhedonic.
>>
>>122922568
At least Townes was mentally ill and made great music. Youre just mentally ill and seething over I don’t even know what the fuck. You sound schizophrenic
>>
>>122922835
>made much worse by some ECT

sorry "insulin shock therapy"
>>
>>122922702
ijbol? You have to be 18 to post here, zoomer.
>>
>>122922506
>sucking off rich people this hard
He fucked his own life up. Nothing to feel sorry for at all. Should have stayed at home.
>>
>>122922510
This isn't a Morrissey thread, retard
>>
>>122923215
Hah this guy is poor
>>
>>122923313
You're a faggot who worships some trust fund bitch who is larping as a country singer. Don't think you should be laughing at anyone.
>>
>>122923233
Are you suggesting that Morrissey is the greatest songwriter of all time? I mean, I love the guy too, but seriously that’s insane.
>>
>>122922558
lmao
>>
>>122923535
He's the GOAT

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.