[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_4419.jpg (981 KB, 1200x1228)
981 KB
981 KB JPG
Porter Robinson - SMILE! :D

Thoughts?
>>
File: 1710915066702160.jpg (22 KB, 400x400)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>122924285
I liked cheerleader. the rest is not what I'm looking for from porter
>>
>>122924285
Wanted happy hyperpop, got bland sadboy.
>>
shill your shitty music somewhere else, porter
>>
>>122924285
Did this feature playing from his live band at all or was it all done synthetically? I haven't listened yet, and I'm not really interested in a 100% in the can Porter, I vastly preferred his live second sky etc stuff from his last run.
>>
>>122924552
This. The 4 singles he released made it seem like this was gonna be all fun stuff, instead 50% of it is emo shit
>>
>>122924285

I think I like it. I feel like he tried really hard with the lyrics, and he tried hard to say something.
>>
>>122924285
liked the first 3, middle 3 are dogshit, last 4-ish are pretty good.
I don't have a problem with the more somber emo synthpop tracks in theory, but they overstayed their welcome in a terrible way. track 5,6,7 bleed together into a big bland mess right in the middle of the album.
best tracks are the first 3 singles + mona lisa. worst are kitsune maison + year of the cup.

also he should ditch this synthpopstar persona and go back to virtual self
>>
I think the album will grow on me. He's leaning a little too much into the "I just can't HELP being sincere!!!" thing, but it sounds like he said what he wanted to here. It sounds like we all wanted more high energy fun from this. I'm sure the live show will have more of that?
>>
>>122924285
easily the worst of his entire discography
>>
Geez man, will this guy ever grow some hair on his chest? Maybe go spend a year in the mines and then make another album.
>>
>>122925537
I actually like the emo slog section in the middle the most. Year of the Cup is one of the highlights for me, while the singles didn't hit that much, besides Cheerleader.
>>122928413
Yeah, I think I agree. I still need to give this album some more time but so far it's my least favourite of his by quite a margin. But it's still rather good.
>>
File: 20221023_094614.jpg (69 KB, 1024x1024)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>122925537

This
Really like the production on the album but the middle really kinda blends together, and YOTC is easily one of his worst songs yet, but I’m sure with the live show and time It’ll grow on me.
>>
>>122924285
Pretty good start, underwhelming middle section, strong end, Cheerleader and Is There Any Happiness? are now top Porter songs, better than Worlds, not better than Nurture though
>>
>>122924285
He's too old for this kind of shit
Lame, maybe I'm too old for this too
>>
First 3, the singles were v good, Is there really no happiness is of this standard, mona lisa good but slightly below these others. Rest forgettable.
>>
bitch, I'm Taylor Swift
>>
>>122924285
it's great
>>
>>122924285
Outside of the singles (which were the first three tracks on the album lmfao), it's 100% forgettable. Nurture was full of memorable stuff, but this is 70% boring wannabe sadboy indie
>>
>>122924285
Fucking awful, like most electr*nic "music"
it's not real music
>>
Respect the hell out of this guy. I think he's crazy talented, and I appreciate his willingness to mix up his sound. But this, this is not it for me. I don't think I've enjoyed any of the singles really, and I don't plan to listen to the full thing anytime soon.
>>
>>122935499
>I don't think I've enjoyed any of the singles
Actually try listening the album. The singles are quite different from the non-single album tracks, especially in the middle section, where Porter kinda goes full emo synthpop.
>>
after listening to it for a bit I think I like it
Year of the Cup is the only one that's a definite skip

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.