[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

It feels like it's the first time in a looong time that an album is actually culturally relevant
>>
reminder that "culturally relevant" means "me and my friends know about it"
>>
>>122936115
No it's not. I don't see it that way.
>>
>>122936054
I love this album, but to me it feels like a certain group of terminally online people who are really LOUD about it, and now that's just kind of spilling over into the mainstream
>>
Happy to see Charli getting the attention she deserves
>>
>>122936054
Fantano wins again, our guy doesn't miss
>>
>>122936054
It's a forced meme which is unfortunate because the music is good
>>122936115
Trooncaser
>>122936193
The white house is terminally online
>>122936221
I bet he misses his marriage
>>
ffs you better be shills because if you fucking faggots are real then this board is the most goddamn retarded bullshit ever. look at yourselves
>>
>>122936054
Please go outside
>>
>>122936560
the inspiration for this post came from an experience outside
>>122936525
Counterargument please
>>122936193
This is also part of the relevance but not the total.
>>
>>122936601
you didn’t make an argument to counter, only platitudes.
>>
corporatjons and politicians use this album to pander to you niggas lmao
>>
>>122936629
Tell me why you don't agree with my statement
>>
>>122936675
Okay that's because they use this album as a tool, because it has some cultural relevance. For real, I think this is relevant. Taylor Swift was also relevant yes but she was relevant as a celebrity not because of the content of her albums. Also she's just a plain pop star, she never surprised anyone.
>>
>>122936693
cultural relevance is a platitude. it has lot its meaning. what culture? what constitutes relevance or a lack thereof. you don’t even have an answer to this, you’re just positing your feeling. it’s not an argument, you haven’t made an actual point here. there is no substance.
>>
>>122936709
lets be real in like 2 weeks the buzz around this album is gonna die out and people, politicians, and corporations are gonna get onto the next thing. which is unfortunate because the album is good
>>
>>122936714
Okay I actually agree with you, I must define what I mean by cultural relevance and by that I mean this album transcended its original audience, and reached both into critical circles and a considerably wide mass of people that, not only listens to this album individually, as any product (like any other album) but also discusses it and makes this album a cultural phenomenon (the memes, the discussion around its content) it's not only seen as another album, it's altering the general discourse around music and media. You will tell me that it is not such a broad phenomenon but I precisely think that this era is defined by a lack lack of unified taste or interest , and this album achieves it somehow, and it does by proposing something relatively different for what we are used to.
>>
>>122936877
In short, it's the first time in some time I see something "new" or "different" attract the attention of both a specialized and more general audience from relatively different backgrounds, and that it also has an impact on discourse outside of music.

If you think differently show me some examples I'm genuinely interested.
>>
>>122936877
i appreciate the explanation and i don’t disagree with you. although i don’t think it’s anything really new, to the general population it is and so it got them into something they wouldn’t necessarily get into
>>
Yes a media company has flexed its marketing budget to astroturf the shit out of this thing on social media

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.