[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: pantera_1920x1080.jpg (81 KB, 1920x1080)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
what the fuck is everyones issue with this band? they catch a lot of hate.
>>
yeah
>>
Just a lot of virtue signalling
>>
>>123306178
They’ve filtered every normie NPC faggot in existence, especially the ones that frequent this board.
>>
>>123306178
>>123306709
They are white supremacist band with music for trashy rednecks. Also don't use the f-word, dirty incel
>>
Phil did a nazi salute couple of years back, fuck that. Still like the music tho
>>
The racism thing is Normie gen z thing that only people who never liked them care about.

The actual hate for them just comes from a change in trends, it stopped being cool to like them and most their fans are scummy people. I like their album cowboys from hell but that’s it. The song cemetery gates is great too. A lot of metal heads don’t like them because they aren’t as heavy as people think they are
>>
Tell them to WALK.
>>
>>123306178
The newly reformed pantera are bringing it live.
Phil had to stop the jew hate but we cant have it all unfortunately.
>>
File: IMG_3586.jpg (41 KB, 1000x1000)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>123306745
>don't use certain words
What the fuck is wrong with you, you self-censoring nigger faggot?
Also, how are they "white supremacist"? Do they have any lyrics saying whites should rule the world? Because that is what white supremacists think, faggot.
>>
https://www.deathmetal.org/news/why-metal-fans-should-hate-pantera/
>>
File: forsan.jpg (97 KB, 996x560)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>123307465
wtf is even that man?
>>
>>123307524
some music journo "sniffed too much paint" before typing that shit.
>>
Their fans can be real annoying
>>
File: 1598414091181.png (470 KB, 496x570)
470 KB
470 KB PNG
I hate Pantera so goddamn much
>>
>>123308655
How many hairs are left on your scalp
>>
>>123306745
>They are white supremacist band
>>123307135
>Phil did a nazi salute
Man, I love Pantera.
>>
>>123308712
HEIL ANSELMO
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p62JUR5d_Gs
i remember when this song was in a video game
>>
>>123306178
they were the prototype for 00s buttchug metal like disturbed
>>
>Oh cool, the same (ESL) faggot making anti-Pantera threads is also making countersignal "pro" Pantera threads too
>>122498976
>>
>>123308712
>>123308727
Yeah, he's pretty based
>Maybe tonight is a white thing and the blacks will not understand what I'm talking about. Does that make sense to you?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eDp4wFUPMw&t=222s
>>
>>123306178
Most criticisms are based on shitlib faggot establishment priors, which I write off entirely.
Legit criticism:
>each album has some great songs but a lot of skips, or songs that are half good and half meh
>cringe lyrics like on "good friends and a bottle of pills" and many other songs
>inadvertently spawned shit like FFDP's shitty frontman and nu metal, for good and bad (not their fault but still)
>average fan isn't exactly a high quality person, though I've known a few who were cool (again, not really their fault so maybe I'm grasping at straws)

They're just overrated is my point, I guess. I could not give less of a shit about Dime's Confederate flag guitar or Phil's drunk Roman salutes or pointing out that saying "stop black-on-black crime" implies that black-on-white crime is no big deal, or at least not as bad. That's a very fair point btw, and the 20-something years that have passed since he said that have vindicated him.
>>
They literally almost killed metal
>>
>>123309248
>They literally almost killed metal
Chuck tried to do it first. The original metal tourguide
>>
>>123308553
Zoomies like to pretend that real metalheads don't appreciate Pantera in addition to all the bands in your meme. If you went back in time 20 years and you told any long haired metal guy in camo pants and a Dying Fetus shirt that Pantera sucks, he would punch you in your pussy face. Get more testosterone, hipster faggot.
>>
>>123309235
>shitlib establishment priors
Is that also why millenials and younger reflexively hate Eric Clapton while boomers love him? I didn’t know about his Enoch Powell rant til I was an adult but I always thought it was weird how he garners an almost Nickelback level of hate from people my age
>>
>>123309719
Probably part of it, but also doesn't help that boomers revere the guy as a "god" (Clapton is God meme) when his solo career was fairly middle of the road.
>>
>>123306178
pantera makes all the right people mad which is a good thing
>>
File: IMG_3392.jpg (13 KB, 255x302)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>123309901
Nobodies mad faggot
>>
>>123311316
If you suddenly became literate, you'd be mad at your own post.
>>
File: -l960.jpg (50 KB, 500x485)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
The thing is I've been constantly so frustrated I've moved mountains with less
When I channel my hate to productive I don't find it hard to impress
>>
>>123309901
>>123311316
My band members are from all walks of life. Bassists a conservative californian, drummer is a (possibly) gay death metalhead, guitarist is a liberal californian into yacht rock, all of them have a laugh over the 'cancel them' mentality of Pantera haters
>>
Like anon said, Pantera isn't just a bad band. They kicked off a huge wave of bad metal bands, especially in the US. Zoomers can't appreciate this because they don't have the neuronal structure that allows human being to recognize that nu metal and groove metal are objectively bad. Pantera's music is bad for the same reason Lamb of God's music is bad. People hated Pantera even in the 00s and 10s when atmoshit was popular and Burzum was basically hipster music. Even if you listen to metal just to own le hecking sjws, you have to have horrible taste to listen to Pantera.
>>
>>123312640
>he thinks Pantera hate started with cancel culture

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.