[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 5768484687.jpg (52 KB, 410x410)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>The Time Machine
>First minute starts off with a solemn chant alluding to the brutality of Sengoku Era Japan
>Think the song going to be a more serious tone, like The Talisman but maybe actually good this time
>HAVE I EVER TOLD YOU ABOUT MY TIME MACHINE
>Uninteresting lyrics, doesn't even tell a story like they used to do
>Boring riffs
>7 fucking minutes long
>Never actually tells you about his damn time machine
>Open the song file in an audio editor, cut all of that shit out and put the intro and outro together into a song that's barely a minute and a half long
>It simply becomes a superior song
Expected way better from this album cover art.
Iron Maiden really hasn't made a single great song after 1992. Wasted potential at best.
>>
>>123324963
mobile game tier artwork
>>
>>123324976
They literally have a mobile game called Legacy of the Beast. I could believe their cover artist came up with a new Eddie design for that game and Maiden decided to noodle for 90 minutes solely as promotion.
>>
>Metal
>Actually listening to the lyrics
>>
>>123325042
Why else would spoken word be used in music if not to be paid attention to? You can have voice melody without lyrics. If they didn't matter people would just read words in the dictionary in order without any sense.
>>
>>123325042
retard
>>
>>123326056
>Why else would spoken word be used in music if not to be paid attention to
Metal lyrics are all written by people who think writing like this makes you sound smart.

If you looked at "good" metal lyrics and took away juvenile melodrama and guys doing an impression of someone who's read Bataille to an audience full of people who will also never read Bataille, you'd have almost nothing left. Of course, metal fans don't listen to anything else and they don't read, so they have no point for comparison.
>>
>>123326218
All metal lyrics have to do is sound cool enough to make you want to recite them. I won't pretend it should be intellectual, but it should at least be fun when driving down the highway.
>Over clouds my mind will fly
>Forever now, I can't think why
>My body tries to leave my soul
>Is it me? I just don't know
>Memories rising from the past
>The future shadows overcast
>Something's clutching at my head
>Through the darkness I'll be led
>>
I WILL HOPE
MY SOUL WILL FLY
AND I WILL LIVE
FOREVER
>>
>Iron Maiden really hasn't made a single great song after 1992

Fuck you, Brave New World and Dance of Death are great albums
>>
>>123326492
bullshit son
>>
>>123324963
>Iron Maiden really hasn't made a single great song after
1986, fify
>>
>>123324963
I need to buy this CD.
>>
>>123330066
you don't have another coaster just laying around already?
>>
>>123330122
our digits rule. CDs forever
>>
File: IMG_6725.jpg (1.09 MB, 1284x1259)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB JPG
>>123324963
Oh sweet! Another divisive “Maiden sucks” thread! I can’t wait to respond to OP’s gay ass opinion and how contrarian it is!
>>
Yeah the album is pretty mid. Book of Souls was much better.
>>
>>123330726
is this true or are you lying, i have neither
>>
>>123327381
He’s actually right. I’d go so far as to say Paschendale is in the conversation for best Iron Maiden song.
>>
why do the last 3 albums sound like 240p audio
>>
>>123330372
Maiden isn't bad. It was good, until it stopped being good.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.