[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Metal guitar solos are basically classical music.
https://youtu.be/JvrVrJmmi1I?si=N2mmGQ8GTIwHvL61
>>
It's "neo classical", classicalfags will seethe but it was the most modern attempt at incorporating classical influence into popular music, and it will never be done again other than rap samples
>>
>>123341698
I can't get into this style of music. It's too much of a performance, as if the music is second to the technique. Flashy classical music has the same problem, especially in concertos. It's why I prefer Barber's Violin concerto or Edgar's cello concerto. It keeps my attention without watching performer.
>>
>>123341698
Yeah with augmented seconds kek
>>
>>123341871
Nobody "seethes" about this ever. It's just hilarious when shitty metal musicians and metalfags try to legitimize their music as being "better than pop music" (even though metal is literally popular music), backing it up with some very weak arguments about how it's basically classical music, not realizing that there are pretty much zero similarities when it comes to the function of the music (why and for whom it was made and how to listen to it), form (metalfags don't know what that is), thematic development (metalfags love the opposite of that, i.e. repetitive riffs), timbre, harmony, melody, instrumentation etc. It's very funny.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.