[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1723510273136843.jpg (29 KB, 500x500)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
They added that fucking trap hihats in the new Tears from Fears song.
>>
>>123617269
real music.
>>
>>123617282
nvm this is dogshit LMAO
>>
>>123617269
Yeah that's really surprising,I'm sure Synthpop was really always going for raw authenticity. Yk that weird 80s genre where the point was to be as scripted and inauthentic and mechanical as possible for the sake of surrealism and also appealing to cocaine addicts and gay men in Europe who thought it was camp. Kraftwerk especially were so big on authenticity that they literally used plastic versions of themselves on stage.
>>
>>123617282
>>123617292
The entire purpose of Synthpop was to be the ultimate "fake music". It was literally considered cool and trippy by people in the 80s because it was as inauthentic and forced as humanly possible. It's supposed to be unnatural and sort of otherworldly.
>>
>>123617307
Sure. but this sucks
>>
>>123617269
It's funny because they previously scrapped an album and dropped their management and label when they were pressured to work with young pop/edm producers.
>>
>>123617314
I know but my point was more that OP is retarded for not seeing this coming or thinking this is a bastardization or whatever. The entire artistic idea was built around artificiality to begin with. It'd like if Dubstep had actually been listenable or good ever lol.
>>
>>123617307
how old are you? that sounds like a zoomer or revisionist opinion
>>
>>123617339
27,used to be obsessed with Kraftwerk though. It was 100% intentionally weird and processed. It's a stonerbait genre.
>>
>>123617269
Maybe it'll sound better when I see them play it live next month
>>
>>123617360
>kraftwerk
have sex
>>
>>123617339
It's true
>>
>tears from fears
>>
>steers for queers
>>
>>123617407
Delete this.
>>
More like skrs for fears am I right, lads?
>>
>>123617370
You've never actually done this. Super predictable though. Are you gonna go off about the fucking monkees to try and prove how much sex you have again or did you realize how emberassing that was finally?
>>
>>123617589
>hes this mad
>>
>>123617603
>He thinks people calling him out on his bullshit means they're "mad" and not just that he's goofy and predictable
>>
>>123617637
>he responded again
>>
>>123617269
But those "trap hi-hats" existed before Tears For Fears was a thing
>>
>>123617720
You are right. We should add them to any other music genre aswell. They are perfect.
>>
>>123617269
I wouldn't consider this a trap hi hat roll

Anyways Tears for Fears fucking sucks.
>>
>>123617370
I love Kraftwerk and I also had sex with a nice woman with large breasts earlier today
>>
I hate this fucking board
>>
>>123619392
Kraftwerk themselves got pussy despite their following in the USA mostly being with gay men or whatever especially in predominantly black eras in the midwest (they did in fact help lead into Techno but are overcredited in its creation because 70s Disco Artists or earlier Black Artists and other Krautrock Bands both didn't fly out to The Midwest and do copious amounts of drugs with them).
>>
>>123619392
They themselves weren't gay though and techno WAS in fact created by black people mostly. Kraftwerk just sort of knew or were friends with some of said DJS and Producers. It was in fact created in Detroit and mostly by Black People but Kraftwerk would kind of randomly show up with cocaine,party a fuckton,and then leave so a lot of the Detroit Artists sort of just liked them. Doesn't actually mean techno was German or that white people created it but obviously Kraftwerk had a huge impact because of this. They actually were into drugs and were willing to fly over to The Midwestern USA and take a shitton of molly if asked which causes them to get heavily overcredited. They also started composing more like the black artists in the midwest did as time went on but they're clearly not in fact the only techno precursor. They were just not going to get gospel singers to show up and do 50 grams of ketamine whereas Kraftwerk fucking totally would and I think were basically proud that Techno existed on some level as they DID help to inform it,but they sort of just showed up after it happened because they went where the drugs were. Kraftwerk also were proud of said early techno musicians as they saw them as essentially helping along their legacy and forwarding their compositons in a very old timey German composer sort of way and then a lot of these were gay teenagers in the modwest in the 80s or very early 20s,,Kraftwerk was likely a very fucking weird proxy for a father figure to some of them since they were just slightly older,did somewhat similar music,and showed up out of nowhere to do cocaine and discuss music theory with them. I truly do believe techno started in Detroit and was created by black artists and that also Kraftwerk weren't gay,but Kraftwerk was kinda basically both person who brings drugs and also proxy father figure here a bit.
>>
>>123619392
But yeah I mean if you were an early techno artist your parents probably didn't like that you were gay and doing hard drugs in the early to mid 80s and krsftwerk were slightly older and giving them constant praise. Ofc they were gonna credit Kraftwerk they probably basically saw them as their dad's,which is fucking weird because they were other early electronic artists and literally probably mostly there to do drugs but yeah. Think about it. Ofc they were gonna say that. Gay late teenager in the 80s who's doing shittons of cocaine probably isn't close to his real life dad and then Kraftwerk show up (mostly to also do cocaine and check out your musical equipment) and tell you your furthering zero study ov vvestern music theory or whatever the fuck,yeah. Unironically Kraftwerk didn't actusl create techno they were just slightly older,there,and gave them approval. Your a gay cokehead in the 8os your dad isn't gonna fucking talk to you so that was like older male role model a bit I'm assuming.
>>
lmao at this guy
/mu/cris
>>
>>123619653
Fuck kraftwerk themselves not being gay and singing about getting pussy probably helped with that. They were just the most approving male role model the early techno scene likely had. Kraftwerk prior to techno existence doesn't sound like it. They said they created it but that was just like yeah. The dynamic there is just they were their fucking father figures. 80s were fucking different. That's why there was so much gang shit happening too at that time. If you were a homeless teenager your new stand in for dad was either Kraftwerk,The Hells Angels,or GG Allin lmao. If fucking Brian Eno showed up in Detroit and did tons of cocaine with them they probably would have said he created techno aswell.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.