[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0193.jpg (584 KB, 1170x636)
584 KB
584 KB JPG
>The former KISS frontman told Forbes that he was on board with Armstrong getting the role, saying: “It’s great. I listened. I saw some videos. The new female singer, great. She fits the band. She sounds great and good luck to them. Life is short. Go out there and live it up, enjoy it. Linkin Park got fans, they want to hear the songs and the music. Why not? There are bands that tour, Lynyrd Skynyrd, lots of bands that barely have any original members or no original members. People want to hear those songs.”
>While some fans and critics questioned Linkin Park’s decision to go for a female vocalist rather than a male singer like Bennington, Simmons explained that doing so “breaks the rules”. He continued, “All these “rules.” Genesis, they lose Peter Gabriel, it’s over. Nope. Once Gabriel left, Genesis became a stadium band with a drummer who came up from the back. All those ‘rules,’ who made the rules anyway? In rock and roll, there are no rules.”
>>
what are gene simmons' thoughts on the kendrick lamar and drake beef?
>>
>>123643980
not music
>>
File: preview.jpg (31 KB, 1280x720)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
WHERE IS GENE?
>>
>>123643925
but I don't want to listen to them. Bands are worth watching when they are at their peak, not when they're washed up and old
>>
>>123643925
And we care what Gene says because????
>>
Based Gene making retards seethe. He has been on a roll lately.
>>
hi
>>
>>123643925
he can speak?!
>>
>>123643925
I don't like the girl and hell, I don't even like Linkin Park but this time Gene's got a point and I can't rebate it. Good on him for bringing sense to all this nonsense.
>>
He's trying to justify why they've been using two impersonators in Ace and Peter's makeup for 25 years.
>>
>>123644168
jeje
>>
>>123645579
stfu shill
>>
>>123645695
I meant what I said. What he said is a sensible take from someone who has a lot of experience in the business. Fans are idiots, they don't know what they want. If you hit the brakes on a project just because the fans are complaining you might be making a big mistake.
>>
i quite like the new song
>>
The new song is excellent. The new lead vocalist was a surprising choice but it works so well. I am surprised at how good 'Emptiness Machine' is - keeps the whole spirit of o.g. Linkin Park, but it's a new era and direction and fresh start at the same time.

It's nice that the band can continue beyond Chester. They have so many fans and they are young, talented enough to keep making more.
>>
>>123643925
Gene would never fail to endorse a shameless cash grab
>>
>>123644168
Get me in a room with chubby checker
>>
>>123644298
Who's forcing you to listen to Linkin Park?
>>
why do magazines act like gene is the patron of music or something? every once in a while there's a round of articles about what gene simmons thinks of what's happening in music, and it's not just him ranting on facebook
>>
>>123643925
Just saw the Brooklyn show. AMA.
>>
>>123643925
Mike Shinoda learned well from his money-grubbing kike overlords.
>>
>>123643925
Is the singer at least hot? I see her on this image, but from this particular picture can't decide. But if she is, then that was a good choice. If not, a terrible choice.
>>
>>123650608
hot?
nah idk, she's a bit dikey, i mean she's cute in goofy way, kinda like rachel gunn
>>
>>123643925
why havent they played Hit The Floor live yet?
>>
>>123643925
>I'd fuck her, btw
he added
>>
File: IMG-20240917-WA0004.jpg (93 KB, 1242x1049)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
they went hard fr
>>
>>123645751
>Fans are idiots, they don't know what they want.
i can't count how many times i heard this from someone who couldn't actually make something fans would want, or bootlickers for said kind of people
>>
The Temptations have two separate bands touring as them currently, neither of which actually include any original member of the Temptations and at this point it’s definitely been that way longer than the OG lineup has been intact

Not only that but Gene is just Jewish, if there’s money left on the table and people have genuine interest in seeing these acts tour what’s the big issue? Chester may be dead (his choice and I respect that) but his band mates still have families to fee
>>
>>123655715
Not only that but these tours feed Chester’s family as well since he wrote a lot of this music, I don’t care what his son has to say he can’t sing or write anyway.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.