[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>*4/4 linn drum machine stock beat starts up*
>*the driest ugliest brittle guitar tone you've ever heard in your fucking life starts up*
>*song goes on for 8 minutes*
>*no hook for any of it*
>*song abruptly ends*
and people say he's better than MJ? LOL!
>>
>>123646792
I'm about to give you a rusty hook
>>
>>123646792
No one says he's better than MJ. They were very different acts. Prince was a soul music session while MJ was an all-around show. You not liking him won't make his work any less recognized.
>>
>>123646792
When doves cry is one of the worst songs ever made
>>
>>123646792
What’s wrong with 4/4? Normies don’t give a shit or have the ability to appreciate odd times. Prince is a pop act and focused on musicality over impressing other musicians.
>>
>>123646792
What are his 10 best songs, /mu/?
>>
>>123647743
the one that goes on for way too long and doesn't have a memorable chorus
>>
>>123647743
Erotic City
Diamonds & Pearls
I Would Die 4 U
Gett Off
Let's Go Crazy
Cream
The Truth
I Hate U
Girls & Boys
>>
>>123649498
damn unc
>>
>>123647294
scaruffi did
he said prince was the intellectual version of mj or something like that
>>
>>123647743
Purple rain
Dirty mind
I could never take the place of your man
The cross
Pop life
Dancing close and slow
Got a broken heart again
Private Joy
Kiss

Honorable mentions:
Beautiful Ones
If i was your gf
Ballad of Dorothy Parker
When you were mine
Sex shooter
Mountains
La la la means i love you
Nothing compares 2 u
Raspberry beret

>>123649498
Wow almost all shit songs
>>
>>123649975
And why does that old fart's opinion matter? Critics are wrong 99% of the time.
>>
>>123649975
Scaruffi likes to hate on MJ and completely unsurprisingly claims that after he stopped working with Quincy Jones he fell off. Scaruffi loves genre conventions, he wouldn’t recognize artistry if it bit him in the ass.
>>
File: IMG_0155.jpg (207 KB, 1188x510)
207 KB
207 KB JPG
>>123650582
Pic rel
>>
>>123649498
>I Would Die 4 U
Unironically a contender for worst song of the 80s
>>
>>123647588
The lyrics are so incredibly stilted, strained, and heavy-handed. And very stupid people praise them.
>>
File: screenshot.jpg (259 KB, 885x1191)
259 KB
259 KB JPG
>>123649975
holy shit what a pseud
>>
>>123647588
DIG IF YOU WILL A PICTURE...
>>
>>123646792
>intt bitter, dead inside zoomers
lol. you are all fucking retarded
>>
>>123647294
>No one says he's better than MJ
Heard it many times, even Chris Rock said it. But people are stupid. Watch that While My Guitar Gently Weeps video where he does that solo. Just basic licks but if you read the comments, its the best shit ever made. Guess people like boring stuff
>>
I wonder if Prince ever realized how much success he missed out on by not writing more songs in 7/4 and using obscure Soviet era drum machines on some of his tracks
>>
>>123647588
Fucking hate Prince, but Doves Cry i do kinda like. Maybe because this was the first version i heard of that song. https://youtu.be/gZSsiePvPRc?si=3T71x8GFhjuMDbCX&t=132
>>
>>123653972
>how much success he missed out on
>worth $200 million when he died
I doubt he was very concerned lol
>>
>>123651012
>plebtake
its a great song. Catchy and very singable.

DARLING IF YOU WANT ME TO...
>>
prince threads are the best. look at all these morons outing themselves as musical brainlets.
>>
one time on Reddit I said I didn't really like listening to Prince because I felt most of his tracks sound dated. I was bombarded with faggots telling me UHHH AKSHUALLY PRINCE PLAYED 27 INSTRUMENTS ON HIS FIRST ALBUM SO NO HE IS THE BEST ARTIST. In real life, the only people I know that listen to Prince are black Gen Xers and flamboyantly queer white men. And even those days don't really listen to Prince, they just know a few of his hits. No one would carE about this gay Nigger if he didn't OD.
>>
>be prince
>be a half black during a time when music is devided for black and white audiances
>play a shit ton of instruments and produce all your music
>start intense genreblending while incorporating aspects of music and fashion that would become trends for the next decades
>drop the most memorable soundtrack album and film out of any other musician
>keep dropping music consistently until your death, most of which highly rated and well regarded
>somehow manage to captivate a shared audience between rock, r&b, hiphop and funk fans alike for years to come
>wait, you can't be prince, kek
>>
I was really hyped to get into Prince from what I'd read then everything I heard was gay sex moans over Casio chord pads and synth bass
>>
>>123656320
>everything I heard was gay sex moans
projection? He wasnt gay...unless you think all sex is gay which means your an incel

try this. no sex moans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FUkqlyLShE
>>
>>123656347
this is gay as fuck

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.