[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1714899561828.jpg (50 KB, 387x342)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
Why is post rock so boring?
Almost any post rock album feels like I'm losing my time trying to "get" what other people get.
>>
>>123652394
it has its time and place. the thing is, if your life is going well, you will never be in that time or place.
>>
>>123652394
Listen to Cul De Sac
>>
>>123652394
wtf is post rock?
>>
Post-rock is like the musical equivalent of a motivational poster: emotionally manipulative, aesthetically pleasing to the average listener, but ultimately hollow. There's no real catharsis in the music because everything's so telegraphed. You're not feeling something; you're being told what to feel, and that’s insulting to anyone who actually cares about authenticity in music. It’s music for people who think they’re too good for pop but too scared to actually dive into something that’ll challenge them
>>
>>123652394
My exact thoughts on that genre
>>123652460
Hard to explain, its easyer to litsen to it to understand what it is. Litsen to the album with two hands and a long title
>>
>>123652394
Post-rock/ prog is just boomer shit even bother wasting your time?
>>
>>123652584
>post rock is boomer shit
Show me a boomer post rock album
>>
>>123652460
Reddit Rock with no sense of texture or motion.
>>
>>123652592
later Talk Talk

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.