[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Currently at 80+ million views (Million Dollar Baby).

Maybe not, but it sure sounds like it. I suppose it's possible that someone generated it, and then re-wrote it based on the generated track.

In any case, it sounds like a mashup of samples ripped from '90s songs.
Some of the melodies sound extremely familiar, but I can't tell exactly where I've heard them before.
One of them is taken directly from "Don't stand so close to me" by Sting.

I need some help finding out what the rest are,
https://youtu.be/zG5YzRxOcsI?si=recMAKSJY3r0KHT3
>1:15
>1:31
https://youtu.be/SMvmAWECT8U?si=C6YG4sqOFBa9DPC3
>0:00
>0:46
>1:05

Where are these from, if anywhere?
>>
File: 1716889750184269.jpg (24 KB, 420x420)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>Born in Virginia, but was already in California for a two years when the single dropped
>Makes rap music, but took opera voice lessons from a lady who looks like this
>Literally an unknown artist for eight straight years then *magically* becomes famous
>Entire gimmick is just watered-down chillwave with Forever 21 R&B slathered on top
>Title of the song is so egregious that publications like Complex had to do damage control for the "industry plant" allegations

It's effectively a failed soprano with funny money psyoping the TikTok crowd into thinking that being a goody two shoes gets you women. At least that's what the retarded lyrics suggest.

The system wants young men to feel represented in pop music but they can't actually have masculine artists, so here, have Tiny Tim squealing over 808s.
>>
>>123653609
>One of them is taken directly from "Don't stand so close to me" by Sting.

Which part
>>
>>123653609
The vocals are very similar to
https://youtu.be/JOI7G2KTqA0?feature=shared
>>
it's a fine song. if you reflexively hate everything new you lose credibility and just seem bitter and stupid.
>>
I don't understand your point anon, if it was AI generated it wouldn't have coherent/fully intact samples
>>
>why does this 90s throwback song sound like songs from the 90s?
>>
>>123655194
>I don't understand your point anon
Lol
>>
File: images (13).jpg (10 KB, 201x251)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>123654490
I agree, but I feel like they went full retard and literally just ripped samples from popular songs. But I don't know enough music to recognize them. I was hoping there's an autistic person here that can recognize them.

>>123654607
The beginning of chorus is somewhat similar (I think of you).

>>123654510
Starting at 0:55 on million dollar, It repeats a part twice.
This is similar to the verses on "don't stand", which also repeats, but in a different way. It's mixed up a bit, but the melody is very similar.

I bet you almost everything is taken from like 6 real songs.
>>
>>123654490
>into thinking that being a goody two shoes gets you women.
What! That's interesting. The sound on the song is incredible, but I thought the lyrics were a little strange.. It's hard for me to picture someone writing this and thinking it's cool, it's like whiteknight rap.
The long hair and sunglasses also seems a little prepared.
>>
>>123653609
>youtube views
kek, you're just too old to enjoy the song
>>
>>123653609
Go to bed grandpa

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.