[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Just found out about gybe(Godspeed you! black emperor) and i don't think i can listen to other bands or artists the same way again
>>
not even posting their best album and you expect us to engage with you, f#a#(ggot)∞
>>
>>123659433
- me at 11 after listening to Sleep on Youtube
>>
>>123659533
I meant that all other music sounds better now, relatively
>>
>>123659433
gybe is not a special band, overrated as shit by retarded zoomers who thinks they're listening to something magical when in reality it's just drone + crescendo after crescendo with some random tape recordings.
any action movie soundtrack does the same but better.
>>
>>123659752
Glenn Branca was the guy who pioneered that "guitar symphony" sound, GY!BE (as well as Swans before them) just repackaged it for a non-classical setting
>>
>>123659433
are you new to this board? this album and band are discussed fairly often here
>>
>>123659752
Were zoomers even born when godspeed were big?
>>
>>123659433
you'll grow out of it, bro. once you get past "Storm", the album takes a nose dive.
>>
>>123659433
you'll get over them in liek 2 weeks
>>
Its by far the best /mu/core album
>>
>>123659917
yup. the post-rock ship has long sailed
>>
File: carlos.png (147 KB, 425x282)
147 KB
147 KB PNG
>>123660200
so we're... post-post-rock?
>>
>>123659913
This. It was mindblowing to me the first time I discovered it. You grow out of it and hopefully onto better albums.
>>
File: Pyrrhon - Exhaust.jpg (140 KB, 700x700)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
What confuses me when I listen to these highly recommended albums is how devoid of edge they are.
When I hear someone proclaim to the heavens that they've just harnessed Prometheus' fire, and what they show me is mundane, I begin to question their grasp on reality.
Challenge yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqQRGTuxdX0
>>
>>123659433
fuck everyone on here, congrats OP.
>>
>>123660484
Don't get it twisted, like your music.
Just remember; you're not immune to propaganda.
>>
I get you. When I got into instrumental music (not Godspeed though) I never really went back. Almost everything I listen to still is instrumental, although not post-rock. If you get the chance, go see Godspeed live. I was a casual fan of theirs until I saw them in concert, and then I appreciated their music much more.
>>
>>123659913
>>123660246
i was heavily into this group as a teenager in the 2000s and subsequently went through a period of post rock burnout but recently in retrospect i have discovered that all of their classic albums hold up with slow riot for new zero kanada perhaps being the only exception. but their studio albums up to yanqui uxo are still great
>>
>>123660871
I am going to see them in like 2 weeks
>>
>>123661294
Didn’t know they got back together. Cool.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.