[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1703635002596447.png (746 KB, 885x1328)
746 KB
746 KB PNG
Should I trust more my ears when composing, even if that means is a mistake to theory fags?
>>
Trust your ears then justify it with theory afterwards. You can't because you're thick as shit?
>>
>>123661509
you have a fundamental misunderstanding of music theory.
>>
>>123661509
Theory explains "taste", not the other way around.
>>
>>123661509
Yes
>>
File: 1693193832912817.jpg (20 KB, 325x293)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
Trusting theory over your ear is what leads to boring soulless shit. Dont be a dingus.
>>
>>123661641
Sorry I shouldn't have typed that cuss.
>>
gimme that cat
>>
An astonishing number of people take an interest in music despite the fact they're tone deaf.
If you're one of those people, no, don't trust your ears. Your ears are not skilled enough to be trusted.
Do ear training. Transcribe your favorite songs. Learn to recognize and hear all the individual intricacies of music. Once you can do that, only then can you trust your ears.
>>
fake ass dichotomy
the idea that formalist music wont sound good is a fabrication of 20th century politics
>>
>>123662044
you're forgiven... for now.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.