[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

JD Souther is dead. What were his best songs, /mu/?

>JD Souther, the singer, songwriter and actor who co-wrote some of the biggest hits of the Eagles, like “New Kid in Town” and “Best of My Love,” and had a long solo career that included the top 10 hit “You’re Only Lonely,” died Tuesday at age 88. No cause of death was given.

>Souther was about to go out for joint concert dates this fall with Karla Bonoff, another veteran of the 1970s Southern California singer-songwriter scene, and had performed as recently as five days ago.

>Besides “New Kid” and “Best of My Love,” other compositions co-written by Souther that appeared on Eagles albums included “Heartache Tonight,” “Victim of Love,” “James Dean,” “Doolin-Dalton,” “The Sad Cafe,” “You Never Cry Like a Lover,” “Teenage Jail” and “Last Good Time in Town.”

>Beyond his work with the Eagles, he was also closely associated with the discography of Linda Ronstadt, whom he dated in the 1970s, with the tracks she recorded including “Prisoner in Disguise” and “Faithless Love.” He also had songs recorded by the Dixie Chicks, George Strait and Bonnie Raitt.

>Souther dated not only Ronstadt but Stevie Nicks and Judee Sill, who was said to have written “Jesus Is a Crossmaker” about him.

https://variety.com/2024/music/obituaries-people-news/jd-souther-dead-eagles-new-kid-in-town-1236148047/
>>
>>123662872
vaxxed
>>
>>123662872
F
He wrote good songs and sang well.
Loved this song in 79..RIP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quglprlSQ8k

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.