[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1725031323630553.jpg (140 KB, 640x887)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
Parsifal is the greatest work of music ever written. You cannot argue with this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s88hmJ_osjY
>>
can you recommend other classical pieces?
i don't know where to start with classical music
>>
>>123665426
You start with easy to appreciate pieces like Beethoven's symphonies, Mozart's operas, Tchaikovsky's ballets, etc. Then you expand your knowledge of these composers and listen to their other works, and then you listen to other composers like them, and then you start studying music theory to better understand them, and then you've started with classical music.
>>
>>123665426
Carmina Burana
Wagner's middle and late period operas
Mozart's Requiem
Handel's Messiah
Carmen (opera)
anything by Verdi
anything by Puccini (Nessun Dorma as performed by Pavarotti is particularly moving)
The Four Seasons by Vivaldi
1812 Overture by Tchaikovsky
Miserere mei, Deus by Allegri
The Blue Danube by Johann Strauss II
The Queen of the Night aria as performed by Diana Damrau
The Flower Duet by Delibes
Vesti La Giubba by Leoncavallo (a must hear)
Dies Irae
most Beethoven stuff
a lot of /mu/ likes Bach, though I'm not a fan, but he's worth mentioning for sure
Gott sei uns gnädig by Christoph Graupner

That should get you started. You can explore on your own from there.
>>
>>123665377
Bach's St Matthew Passion mogs that and everything Wagner wrote
>>
>>123665965
>Bach, though I'm not a fan
???
>>
>>123665965
>Wagner's middle and late period operas
By this do you mean starting with Dutchman or the Ring?
>>
>>123665980
t. has never listened to wagner and wants to sound smart
>>
>>123666005
Too intellectual of an approach to music. Sure, it "sounds nice", but it doesn't punch you in the gut.
>>
>>123666035
Der fliegende Holländer (The Flying Dutchman), Tannhäuser, Lohengrin, all four in the Ring cycle, Tristan und Isolde, Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg, and Parsifal (though I personally never especially cared for Meistersinger).

I was originally just trying to save myself the time of typing up all the names lol.
>>
>>123665426
>i don't know where to start with classical music
You start depending on what you already listen to and like.
>>
>>123666142
>I personally never especially cared for Meistersinger
Tsk tsk, it's always so underrated by people. It's so interesting because Wagner is doing exactly the opposite to everything in his other works. And the story is really beautiful.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.