[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Capture.png (558 KB, 608x615)
558 KB
558 KB PNG
New Julie Album
https://open.spotify.com/album/14SJbJMseOJ2W8HlWLwNgJ?si=vxJm_UDfTei95FiYragGhQ
Seems very Sonic Youth influenced
>>
File: julie_flutter_cover.png (2.61 MB, 1200x1190)
2.61 MB
2.61 MB PNG
>>123668036
i wish it sounded more like flutter/daisy pusher ep
but i think this album's gonna grow on me over time.
julie's the kind of band that gets better after each listen.

what did you think of it?
>>
>>123668147
My first listen was through phone speakers so i want to try again before I form a full opinion but I wish it had more energy. Flutter is such a hype song. Probably they were trying to get away from that.
Well I noticed My Bloody Valentine influence on some of their earlier EPs and would have liked a bit more of that style. Honestly this one felt kinda barebones, but I havent tried headphones yet.
I thought the autotune singing was neat.
I really feel like theyre not being ambitious enough. They took so much time to make this and its so so minimal. There werent any moments that locked me in or made me go wow, whereas Flutter did that on first listen for me> I hear ambition in Flutter, dont really hear it in this one. Maybe theyve been smoking too much weed
>>
thread, stich is goated
>>
>linking Spotify instead of YouTube or Bandcamp
>>
>>123668565
autist.
>>
>>123668347
as you rightfully noticed the sonic youth influences are wild on this one.
seems like this is the new direction they're taking with their sound and i can't say i'm a fan. that's not why i initially loved julie.
but that's just my hot take.
>>
btw julie is definitively /mu/core
deal with it
>>
>>123668607
buy an ad retard
not music btw
>>
FOTM band, not listening. The album just came out and even rym doesn't care for it lmao
>>
It's alright. They're a fine band but Through Your Window's their only song that really stands out to me.
>>
>>123668036
was really excited for this one to finally come out but it was kind of disappointing. like the other anon said, their previous stuff was much more interesting, while this one is a little one note and generic. hoping it will grow on me but after two listens it's just kind of boring.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.