[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: cb883af7.png (230 KB, 300x299)
230 KB
230 KB PNG
>release a rushed sounding lazy fucking album 5 years after one of your best ones of all time
>the last one had some of the best melodies in all of music
>this one sounds lifeless and just jerking off mindless jamming and droning cause you know the fans will put up with anything
>decide to fix the album by rewriting all the fucking songs when you play them live
Why the fuck did they do this? Live these songs are fucking great, on the album they sound ai generated or some shit
>>
>>123668112
filtered
>>
>>123668130
you are a legit fucking retard if you think a song like this is good or fun to listen too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM9GSuWpM94
>>
The Basement versions of the songs were all better.
>>
>>123668151
i love it actually. acquire taste before speaking to me again
>>
After the quick turnaround of Hail, they specifically tried to hunker down and write a great album with In Rainbows and it burned them out. Don't forget that those sessions bore enough material to justify a disc 2. They said up front that whatever the follow-up was, they couldn't and wouldn't go through another process like IR, and so it was.
>>
>>123668112
They had a good run
>>
>>123668151
i just heard this song for the first time and enjoyed it. i guess im a proud retard
>>
>>123668151
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRvlWOm0Hx8
It's not even fair.
>>
Feral is the only bad song on this
>>
Now that /mu/ has moved on from Radiohead, we agree that no matter how much time they spent on this particular album, it probably wouldn't have turned out markedly better regardless.
>>
>>123668112
king of limbs is kino, i knew it from day 1
>>
>>123668151
Nothing wrong with this song. It's kinda post-punk in how jittery and skeletal it is.

>>123668328
Feral's the one song where I felt the band went whole hog into the rhythm and sampling experimentation. It's a jam.
>>
Bad songs:
>Little by Little
>Feral
In a 37 minute album this is a crucial error.
>>
>>123668710
Mr Magpie is pretty shitty too.
>>
>>123668112
this album is one of their best, honestly. some of my best memories are to these tracks. try again when you're ready.

Codex is one of the greatest songs they've ever written.
>>
>>123668112
filtered

>>123668151
filtered
>>
actually it's neo krautrock kino with both outstanding vocal and rhythm section performances
>>
It's kind of underrated. The production is really interesting. It almost feels like Kid A part 2 to me.

I think Thom nailed the type of sound they were going for with it on the Atoms for Peace album but the solo shit he did after sucks.

AMSP always sounded like b-sides and too much of Johnnys influence as a composer coming through.
>>
>>123669909
I love AMSP as a sort of sad chamber rock thing but I get it if you think it's too orchestral or whatever.
>>
>>123668328
feral is the best song
>>
>>123668151
wow that desperately needed a pickup, what a lazy song
t.OK computer fan
>>
>>123668310
that is much better
>>
Last 3 songs make it indispensable
>>
>>123668831
It’s good but The Smile ballads are better. Open the Floodgates and Skrting the Surface are basically better versions of Codex. Give up the Ghost is great.
>>
>>123668112
It's their only good album
>>
>>123670531
>>123671447
based
>>
>>123668112
Fraid so
>>
>>123668112

>Great
Lotus Flower
Separator
Give Up the Ghost

>Fine
Codex
Little by Little

>B-sides that drag the album down
Feral
Bloom
Morning Mr Magpie

I think I really detest the skittery and maximalist drumming of Phil on the songs I don't like. Too much goddamn percussion.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.