[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: music_feature24.jpg (150 KB, 800x992)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
Say something nice, non-racist about Faye Webster
>>
>>123670067
generic soulless landfill indie
>>
Coal burner mid bitch
>>
She has the potential to be good if she'd ditch the stupid vocal effects.
>>
>>123670067
I really liked i know i'm funny haha, but then her following album was bad. Her voice can get quite annoying after a couple of songs in a row too. I also think she's really cute, shame about the coalburning.
>>
>>123670907
Yeah shes actually really good and peoduces some catchy songs that arent just standard melancholic or pining or whining normal female singer songwriter shit but the problem is after a while the unprocessed plain vocals get a little selfsame and grating or boring. But again compared to her peers in the genre shes actually doing something tolerable to people otber than teenage girls and gays and complete normies. If she starts doing more complex things vocally and musically it could be a good direction -- if she wants to stay minimalist I think her best bet is to go for the catchy earworm style tunes or to actually really lean in to the lyricism which is one of her strong suits (although she talks about men and relationships too much for that mushy content to work on audiences other than women unless shes willing to pivot). I put her in the camp with HAIM which is the best female band but they avoid being boring due to their variety. Still its top tier for this type of music
>>
>>123670111
What vocal effects
you mean just the way she sings?
>>
Sorry but compared to the rest of the crap young women are making this https://youtu.be/ebk15gYi8Dg?si=W4tSPY0NVaefdJET is clearly better. Its not Can but I dunno what people expect from women. Some Holly Herndon "made with the help of my nerd boyfriend" shit? You have to take it on its own terms
>>
>>123671034
https://youtu.be/QPSDjx8Do3s?si=t-xgIYp4GfD-kHRg

She has effects on her vocals there. Does she usually not?
>>
>>123671004
Yeah, i hope she evolves, i'll continue to listen to her new albums.
>>
it doesn't look like she was eating shit on that album cover

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.