[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 4562513266.jpg (142 KB, 1300x1300)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
now that the dust has settled... were they heavy or they are le'bad because they become too popular
>>
somewhere inbetween
>>
File: 1387503736493.jpg (33 KB, 325x450)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>123671403
first 3 albums are turbo based, it went downhill afterward
>>
First two albums are great end to end. They are also all analogue, no drum triggers. The rest is not consistent from an album level but they have made great songs through their career.
>>
>>123671403
They are heavy but heavy doesn't always mean good. I still like the first two Slipknot albums which is ironic for me because I prefer most other genres to nu, and those are the most nu/rap while they were more similar to others later, but that was their style and they did it better than most. When they became more generic "new wave modern metal" or w/e with just a little of their old style mixed in, they just bored me and sounded like Lamb of God meets Stone Sour or something.

I still default to death metal these days for my dose of "angry harsh metal" but those first two albums still get occasional spins from me even if the older I get the more Corey makes me cringe.
>>
>>123671403
they were too edgy and cringe, their music was disturbing noise
>>
>>123671403
The first album was really fun, the second one has its moments, but they decided to get some death metal cred on that one and tried a bit too hard in places, as if they wanted heavy for heavy's sake. After that they did a 180 and started adding these clean vocal parts to almost everything, and I don't much care for that outside of Duality.
>>
>>123671403
>halloween buttrock
>>
>>123671403
one of my friends in high school showed me a video of the famous upside down hydraulic drum solo that the drummer guy of this did, and I respected them for it. so i guess they hit the mark and they were good. but i don't agree with how evil their music and their image is. straight up. ill never listen to their stuff
>>
>but i don't agree with how evil their music and their image is. straight up.
are you 12?
>>
File: Mfkralbum.jpg (17 KB, 240x240)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
For me, it's MFKR.
>>
File: IMG_7399.jpg (97 KB, 471x463)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>123671403
Pic related is one of the heaviest albums to have ever reached a very wide audience on a “commercial” scale. Whether you like it or not, this album changed the game and brought blast beats to the masses.
>>
>>123671498
Basically this, although, they have had their moments since Vol 3. It all hasn’t been garbage.
>>
They were the band that resonated most with me when I was experiencing psychosis. If you're in the headspace for them they're amazing. But a lot of the time now I find their music a bit grating.
>>
they are le bad because they are heavy. Anything past rammstein/robzombie/manson level of heavy is cringe
>>
>>123671403
I listened to them alot in middle school.
They are starter heavy, not reallt heavy heavy. Iowa is their heaviest and angriest, slipknot at their most death metal since mick is a real death metal head, but their debut is more unhinged and deranged than heavy. It is more of a horror film in audio form, a psychological thriller, and iowa is angry, death, thrash, bleak. Vol 3 is their most stone sour album. Still metal, but more leaning on pop melodies for metal standards.
>>
>>123673102
>old gently but with cory

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.