[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_7498.png (196 KB, 316x316)
196 KB
196 KB PNG
What happened to music that's worried about future technology?
You'd think more would be made nowadays since technology is even more apart of our lives than the 90s when most of the songs about it were made
>>
People stopped worrying about technology when they realized that electroslop is everywhere but eating it is fun and based and more fun than anything that takes effort, which is boring. People are lazy and they gave up. That's it, unironically.
>>
We already passed the point of no return.
>>
The future is not what it used to be
>>
>>123671434
But everything sucks now
>>
>>123671409
because millennials/zoomers grew up with it, gen x now looks silly for thinking it would bring the end of the world
>>
i don't know. this album made me think i should fuck my phone or some shit.
>>
>>123671969
But it is bringing the end of the world
>>
>>123671991
Technology isnt, but you know who is.
>>
>>123671409
I am so fucking sick and tired of modern music. I am sick of the shitty overused electronic instrumentation. I am sick of auto tuning the naturality of human voice. I am sick of A.I. taking over the beauty exhibited by the Human race. I am sick of faggots encouraging and promoting this kind of mental retardation.

Where is the orgasm which we once experienced? The bare nudity of pure art which one could touch and feel. The horniness of this sexual ecstasy, exhilarating my mind. They are raping the very foundation of art, imbibing it with degeneracy little by little, like poisoning a edelweiss, like beating a young innocent child. Something has to be done about these WEF shills and the music they advertise, once and for all.
>>
>>123671999
Think you're lookin for bluegrass music anonerino
>>
>>123671409
future technology IS now music and is singing about shiting your pants
>>
File: GXnyeFAaQAAbmbs.jfif.jpg (624 KB, 1832x2048)
624 KB
624 KB JPG
>>123671999
want real emotions? look no further
>>
File: IMG_5729.png (119 KB, 1935x2048)
119 KB
119 KB PNG
>>123671985
I'm not sure if I like this or hate this so far
>>
Now that /mu/ has moved on from Radiohead, we agree that whatever point this album was trying to make isn't particularly worth paying attention to.
>>
This new song from Nada Surf really sums up a lot of the current concern and acceptance around AI and automation, imo.
https://youtu.be/y04nc_Hy9EY?si=gt1oMhVtDuZAmXyC

It's not outright condemning it, it just highlights the sentiment and then strikes a hopeful tone.

>There's a new day coming
>We don't know its name...
>>
>>123672080

hmm by that statement it must already be classic
>>
>>123671991
spotted the gen Xer
>>
>>123671409
Being suspicious of technology is racist, or something
>>
>>123671969
Kaczynski would like to have a word with you
>>
>>123671559
everything sucked in the 90s too
>>123671991
+2
>>123671985
this is ass
>>
>>123672212
Nah it's sad that more people don't question technology and they don't absolutely get sickened by corporate empty platitudes like on Fitter Happier. It's depressing listening to that song and people would take all the sarcasm seriously now if they saw that written out without any irony
>>
>>123671409
Music and tech go opposite ways
>>
>>123671434
Actually not a bad take.

>>123676194
What does this mean?
>>
>>123671999
please do not repost from /r/music. thank you.
>>
Tech is such an integral part of modern life that even legitimate concerns/criticisms are just met with "OI M8 IS LIKE BLACK MIRRA INNIT GUVNA". At some point of saturation people just give up, like they did with artisan-obliterating machinery or cars or even the atomic bomb.
>>
Why would they? The IT industry in the '90s was 90% white males. It's easier to be critical of something you yourself built or participated in. There are no greater antiwar people than those who've served in the military. One becomes more distanced when they're a passive cons00mer of tech bits made by pooinloos.
>>
>>123678154
please dilate. thank you.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.