[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

This is a better than average psychedelic album and She's a Rainbow is a timeless classic
>>
>>123672150
It actually isn't but I understand most of you barely understand what psychedelic music is beyond the obvious and le pretty colors. Same goes for classical discussion on here.
>>
>>123672150
ESL
>>
>>123672166
What's ESL about that?
>>
>>123672150
it's a shittier version of Sgt Pepper's, which is already too overproduced. both aged like shit.
you're right though that She's a Rainbow is great. that one's better than any song from Sgt Pepper's or Magical Mystery Tour too.
>>
>>123672234
This,The Velvet Underground,The Hollies,Jimi Hendrix,Pearls before Swine,CAN,Amon Düül ii,Love,The 5th Dimension,The Pretty Things,The West Coast Experimental Pop Art Band,The Human Expressio,Strawberry Alarm Clock,and others were all way way better by far. It's just the most entry level psych shit.
>>
FNM quietly dropped this while everyone was ooh-ing and ahh-ing over "OK Computer".
>>
>>123672262
can you say anything other than that? you're always namedropping the same artists out of nowhere
>>
>>123672262
why do you always name drop so many bands? and always the same ones? you don't need to name every single one, just keep it simple. choose like 2 or 3 to list maybe.
>>
>>123672150
>This is a better than average psychedelic album

That's debatable. And I am probably the biggest Stones fan on /mu/. I'll defend almost everything they've done, but that one is going a little too far for even me.
>>
>>123672262
Settle down Nico or post an album you think don't get any respect
>>
>>123672150
Haha wizard hat funny
>>
>>123672234
No way mid level She's a Rainbow is better than A Day in the Life or Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. And you were dumb enough to include MMT which includes I am the Walrus and fucking Strawberry Fields Forever.
>>
>>123672285
Because I'm trying to throw you guys a bone lol. The Rising Storm,The Dovers,Withüsser and Westrup,Brösselmaschine,Ed Askew,Moonstone,Mark Fry,Group 1850,The Pretty Things,A-440,Shocking Blue,Q65,and Country Joe and The Fish are also all far better. The Beatles were alright for the early 60s but we're really just barely psychedelic overall. Certainly not that special or challenging. I guess Beefheart was special in the special needs way but it's really not that good music. Just random toneless bullshit with no sense of mood or pacing to be found. The Stones were better as a hard rock band.
>>
>>123672325
you never take recs from anyone
why would anybody take recs from you?
>>
>>123672300
There's so many great ones that it's hard for me to ever chose. Check out Oeter Grudzien aswell. You guys basically missed out on literally anything interesting from the genre. Not my fault. I guess anything remotely interesting is too challenging for some of you.
>>
>>123672317
yes, i'm aware of what songs are on those albums. it's better than all of those. it's far better written. don't know what else to tell you.
>>
>>123672335
Half of you have no idea what you're talking about. The ones that do I can interact with but a lot of your reccomendations are just silly or sad. I don't want a bunch of shitty /mu/core meme music and I don't want to pretend to take the fucking monkees seriously either.
>>
>>123672349
then what's the point of talking to other people?
you clearly have no intention of listening to anyone but yourself
>>
>>123672363
Nah. Definetely people I'll discuss music with,just not into the reddit tier funko pop hive mind shit lol. Keep telling yourself that though,just because I don't take whatever music you saw in The Deadpool Movie or JoJos Bizzare Adventure seriously ig.
>>
>>123672335
Implying anyone would like Phish
>>
>>123672371
k
>>
File: IMG_6831.jpg (11 KB, 300x300)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>listening to satanic garbage
>>
File: IMG_6856.jpg (78 KB, 1000x1000)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>listening to satanic garbage in current year
>>
>>123672419
Lol,yeah.
>>
File: IMG_6857.jpg (240 KB, 1200x1200)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
>listening to satanic garbage in 2024
>>
>>123672431
>>123672446
>>123672459
We heard you the first time, Christ cuck
>>
It's not very pretty, but it's home
>>
https://youtu.be/IqP76XWHQI0?si=6kX2SpqurwRc9zu8

funk all yall
>>
>>123672164
dude you think Mozart is boring. I'm not entirely convinced you aren't actually deaf and just trolling everyone here.
>>
>>123672709
Salieri mogs that man child.
>>
>>123672709
Mozart and Bach aswell yeah. I like Handel,Haydn,Wagner,and one guy who I'm blanking on his name but he came way way later and hated modernism. He just sort of played in an older style (possibly Max Reger (?),emberassing ik but I'm not quite sure. The rest is mostly 19th Century Art Composers or Soundtrack Work. Like I've said yk I'm a pothead lol. I do really really enjoy Haydn though especially in terms of more traditional stuff. Haydn is nice.
>>
>>123672733
Idk dude,post some and I'll tell you if I think I was "mogged" by it ig. I'm blanking but there was like one more other traditional sounding composer but it's mostly like Modernism,New Sincerity,and then Claude Vivier. Some Progressive Rock too ig,but I do like I said really really really like Haydn. There's a 4th guy from like pre ww2 era Germany who I just can't recall but his work is more traditional so I'm including him I'm there. Fucked if I can remember his name though.
>>
>>123672909
>>123672896
would you mind blogposting elsewhere? we're trying to discuss the thread's subject, which is "albums which get no respect", and you're not adding at all to the topic in hand
>>
>>123672938
Nah it was related to what you said retard fuck off lol.
>>
>>123672947
that wasn't me, you fucking imbecile
there's more than one person in the board
quit derailing the thread with your nonsense
if you wanna talk about something else, make your own thread
>>
>>123672969
Mozart IS boring though lmao. Point still stands. Get fucked.
>>
>>123672150
it's definitely better than most of their albums but then again their albums are underwhelming
>>
>>123672982
That's not his point. The point is that you're derailing his thread.
>>
>>123672982
take it to /classical/, schizo, I don't give a shit
we're discussing albums in this thread, are you too dense to understand that?
>>
>>123672196
Run-on sentence with zero substance. Don't worry though, other ESLtards and low IQ EFLtards will infer some meaning based on their own insecurities and respond to the bait anyway.
>>
>>123672938
narcisists only want everyone else to listen to them and talk about them so no, of course he's not going to leave. Just be glad he's kind enough to have a name so we can filter him.
>>
>>123673027
Anon we are on the internet (on fucking 4chan, even). Try to control yourself, because that was not bad enough of a run-on sentence to trigger your aspergers this bad (though judging by how you write your posts I assume you're autistic and grammar is your hyper-fixation).
>>
Perhaps this is reading into things too deeply, but I wouldn't be surprised if the people who really cared about the psychedelic scene may have heard the Stones slopping around making a half assed psychedelic album then immediately shifting into a rootsy blues rock sound for the rest of their career showed that they were just opportunists who didn't have a real interest in psychedelic expression.

Compare that to the Beatles going really deeply into psychedelia in a seemingly much more good faith and explorative way with Tomorrow Never Knows leading into Sgt. Pepper's and Magical Mystery Tour, then continuing with Revolution #9 and later with I Want You (She's So Heavy). There was real musical exploration meanwhile Satanic is just a rock band slopping around with very little actual sonic exploration.

I enjoy the Stones but I think people saw through the facade of Satanic and I can't listen to it myself without thinking about how low effort it is compared to The Beatles who were supposedly their biggest competition when it really makes no sense to lump them in with each other once Revolver came out the Beatles jumped the gun on creativity that they were no longer comparable.

If anyone "won" the psychedelic scene I'd have to give it to The Mothers of Invention. Consistently inventive and freaked out music done in a good faith manner not just for the "cool points." Although songs like Strawberry Fields Forever and I Am the Walrus are certainly huge corner stones of psychedelia. The Kraut rock bands of the 60s and 70s also faired much better than the stones.
>>
>>123673018
>>123673019
Lmao ok
>>
>>123672150
GOAT ALBUM
>>
its such a raw and brutal, yet groovy record that everyine skip because of the nu-metal tag
>>
>>123675034
great post
>>
>>123672896
my soul actually hurt when you said you didn’t like Bach
>>
>>123676589
"Shutes and Ladders" was the shit, back in middle school, in '94. That album was forgotten after "Life is Peachy" came out, and Korn lost their sense of humor.
>>
>>123679115
I still cannot figure out who the fuck that composer was lol. Any guess?
>>
>>123679845
Life is Peachy is their best album
>>
>>123679115
>>123679890
It was fucking Hans Pfitzner. Took me FOREVER to remember that lol. Had to reverse Google this,I guess he's more notable for his theories than his actual compositions but I like him a lot. I like the modernists and Ernst Krenek too mind you but you'd probably be more into him.
>>
>>123679115
https://youtu.be/9t8xRqpkhak?si=NfGpq5hUlJDAZstq

Probably my favorite work by him. He was like an ultra traditional composer if or neo romanticism or something. Great sense of mood here. Think you'll really like this one.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.