[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 330757[1].jpg (108 KB, 1200x674)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
>Leaves Paramore with his brother
>Eventually goes back to Paramore and snakes his brother
Choosing money over family how vile
>>
>>123672318
Traded his pop punk garb to be a fake Antonoff. SAD!
>>
>>123672318
Josh is boomer grandmother-tier fundamentalist Christian. Still though, I miss that sound from Paramore a lot.
>>
>>123672318
That's not who I'd snake in Paramore nahmsayin?
>>
>>123672318
This post reeks of only child.
>>
>>123672318
you don't know the circumstances of the band arrangement. And why would his brother care if he goes back to the band to make a living?
>>
>>123672824
Yeah. Still pleased that Josh and Hayley both managed to get their royalty money from Rodrigo too. Read they were estimated to walk away with 500 K each.
>>
>>123672318
nick mullen was in paramore?
>>
>>123672827
Hayley williams was cute when she was underage, nahmeen?
>>
>>123672318
>he follows the details of .... paramore
>>
>>123672318
His brother was fine with it iirc, it's not like they hated Paramore after leaving. Sometimes you have to move on, or at least step away for a while.
>>123674173
Fuck that, those chords and that melody were nothing new. Copyright is so fucking weird.
>>
>>123672318
it's so weird that he's the youngest member of the band.
>>
>>123674200
Yes. And I'm gay.
>>
>>123672318
>now that my brother is gone the competition to fuck Hayley is cut by 30%
>>
>>123679026
Olivia leaned way too much into her "influences" dude. You say the chords and melody were nothing new, and that is the whole point. Olivia doesn't write her own stuff and her writers were retarded for rolling the dice with plagiarizing paramore. If olivia does write her own stuff then it is a case of bad luck or amateur and basic writing that landed her with a lawsuit
>>
>>123679912
>plagiarizing
Apparently Paramore was plagiarizing someone else, who in turn did it to someone else, ad infinitum. Like I said, copyright is bullshit as it is right now.

https://youtu.be/qX7a2p5_JsM?si=60SXngmE4FLoBb1c
>>
>>123681794
the issue is modern songwriters overuse reference tracks. yes, the final product is distinct, but it's obvious to even a layperson that it's at its core a rewrite of something else. this makes new songs feel more familiar to listeners, but also can feel cheap and derivative. in this case, i don't think it was necessarily plagiarism, but it's very clear that misery biz was the primary reference track. and it's not like hayley/zac sued them or took them to court over it, seemed more like a preemptive decision to acknowledge the similarity. i think the blurred lines case spooked a lot of industry people into being extra extra careful with writing credits.
>>
>>123682039
meant josh not zac.
>>
>>123682039
Agreed.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.