[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>Be me, 30s, live and breathe Phish
>Been to every concert in the past decade, spent all my money on tickets and merch
>No job, no friends outside the Phish community, nothing else matters
>Thought I found happiness in the music, the lights, the crowd, but it's all just a distraction
>One night, at yet another show, look around and realize I'm alone, truly alone
>Surrounded by people, but no one really knows me, no one cares
>Music starts, but it doesn't fill the void like it used to, just feels empty
>Tears stream down my face, lost in the crowd, lost in the music, lost in life
>Next day, see posts about the show, everyone had a blast, but I just felt hollow
>Delete my Phish forums account, sell my tickets for the next show, can't do this anymore
>Music that once brought me joy now just reminds me of my loneliness, my lack of purpose
>Silence is deafening, apartment is empty, life is meaningless
>Phish was my world, but now it's just a painful reminder of the life I never had
Be sure to listen to other music guys
>>
that's rough op
>>
>>123673163
>Been to every concert in the past decade

How did you even make money then to attend those concerts if you're going to every one? Like every time they would go on tour, you would go on tour too. So you couldn't really hold down a normal job unless working remotely. or self-employed
>>
>>123673163
I know a dude like this. Goes to dozens of jam band concerts every year by himself. Kinda weird desu.
>>
>>123673163
>not becoming a roadie for em
>>
>>123673163
I’ve been there OP, saw hundreds of shows, my whole life revolved around tour. I eventually came to the conclusion that it’s a cult. A real one, not in the hyperbolic sense. Good on you for extricating yourself. You’re still young, there’s plenty of time, go out and get laid. Discover artists like Townes Van Zandt. Better days are ahead now that you’re free of it.
>>
>>123674323
Thank you man. Have a great day
>>
I feel the same but about fish the animal.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.