[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_5860.jpg (269 KB, 750x544)
269 KB
269 KB JPG
> For her MFA thesis, titled Burn Everything Trust No One Kill Yourself, she created a 10,000-page manuscript (a page count selected because it was approximately Hayter's weight in paper[3]) linking real-world examples of misogyny in music with her own personal life using a Markov chain. In her own words, it was composed of "lyrics, message board posts, and liner notes from subgenres of extreme music that mythologize misogyny, […] [and] court papers, audio recordings, and police filings from my own experiences of violence."[2] In addition to the manuscript, her interdisciplinary performance included music and a black-and-white video projection with footage of serial killer Aileen Wuornos and burning buildings.[3]
Five years later, accuses a guy who had just gone from a washed-up literal who to a pretty big player in the indie music scene of similar shit, makes entire career out of that mentality. No, I have not listened to any of her songs.
>>
her music is great tho
you’re missing out anon
>>
She culturally appropriated power electronics and made it for stupid music journalists. Same with Uboa and NTT.
>>
>>123679122
and now like, hill people gospel folk music
>>
>>123679013
People beat me up and I get called a faggot.
People beat this bitch up and she gets a Master's degree and record deal.
Cruel, cruel world we live in.
>>
Isn't she larping as a Christian musician now?
>>
File: IMG_5872.jpg (299 KB, 523x402)
299 KB
299 KB JPG
>>123679013
predator eyes
>>
>>123679013
huh
her music is pretty cool though
>>
>>123679013
That sounds absolutely exhausting for her thesis committee. I have to assume they didn't read, listen to, or watch all of that shit. They just said, "Get a load of this, lol. Well, we got her money. Let's sign off on it and get lunch."
>>
>>123681206
oh, so you mean every thesis committee, ever? Liberal Arts are such a fucking scam, sham, and shame. I wish I didn’t know this.
>>
>>123679013
>message board posts
def used something of mine.
I'm gonna need royalties, sugartits
>>
>>123681606
No, my thesis committee loves me.
>>
>>123682558
they’re paid very small yearly salaries to love you. You’d be better off doing whatever thing you’re doing without their influence and failed opinions.
>>
File: niggerfatigue.jpg (97 KB, 400x350)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>123679013
>interdisciplinary
>>
>>123679013
>no I have not listened
Opinion discarded
>>
>>123683166
>namefag
opinion fed into paper shredder
>>
>>123679013
damn, the lengths people will go instead of just making good sounding music
>>
>>123682948
I was just thinking about this. All the progress I've made had basically been me, since most of the critiques they've offered have been surface level and not harsh enough. I've developed a lot throughout the program, but their guidance has been minimal at best.
>>
>>123683946
That’s the grift. I am so fucking glad I didn’t get my MFA. Even with a scholarship, you’re still just wasting your time. Music at least has a career path available in pedagogy or imitation, but other creative fields coupled with academia are a shit-eating Ouroboros of nonsense and dead ends. The truth is that it’s inside of you, or it isnt. Also, male professors are just in it for the young cunt

CAPTCHA: GRPPP
>>
>>123684062
it’s
it’s
It’s
hm…
GRIPPY!
>>
>>123679013
>Burn Everything Trust No One Kill Yourself

so she's ripping off 2011 OFWGKTA?
>>
>>123685569
KILL PEOPLE
BURN SHIT
I WAS RAPED

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.