[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1725459200796096.jpg (232 KB, 1200x1807)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
Do i need to live an interesting, engaging life to create interesting and engaging music?
Do i need to put myself out there, make friends, have adventures and make stories to tell in order to make good music?
>>
>>123682433
You should have a life regardless. Doesn't mean the poet or musician is the subject. They could just be observers.
>>
>>123682433
you sound introspective. i thnk you should consider starting from a moral lesson you want to convey and build a story around that. all entertainers make shit up and tell stories to highlight some kind of message. just do that.
>>
no because you can make music about anything. even about boredom and the fact that you have nothing to write about
>>
Yeah, probably.
>>
>>123682433
No. The best music was written by sociopaths or playful spergs
>>
>>123682433
Yeah
>>
>>123682677
Yes, im an introspective introvert
Im not sure what moral lesson im trying to portrey eith my music, i feel like when i make ambient i want to just have a comfy, calm effect and help listener find the beauty within, and find the magic and hapiness even when the world doesnt understand you
>>
>>123682992
As long as you're getting out into nature at least, nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>123683033
Yeah, i go to nature, i seriously miss nature since i live in a big city and i cant stand the car noises altough i should go more into nature
But yeah, honestly i dont even remember when was the last time i went socializing and getting into some shit with people that i didnt regret it later. Whole people thing turns out not to be for me really
>>
>>123682433
Meh. I think living an "interesting life" and whatnot would come through more in the lyrics.

The ability to absorb music, create good original melodies or compositions/etc. is largely innate I think.

It's a combination of the music you expose yourself to and your natural ability.

But if you have no natural musical ability no amount of "interesting life experience" is going to compensate for that.
>>
>>123683198
Music isnt lyrics m8
You dont even need to make interesting melodies to make songs
Just 4 chords and lyrics about whatever has been the foundation of pop music forever
>>
>>123682992
>help listener find the beauty within, and find the magic and hapiness even when the world doesnt understand you
welp sounds ilke you have a moral lesson. unless you dont think people should do this. either they ought to or ought not.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.