[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I regret not giving them a chance earlier. Their new stuff is reddit metal but Power Within and earlier albums still go hard.

How often do they play their old shit live? My friend wants me to go watch them live with him.
>>
>>123693764
Idk but I saw them twice back in the day
>>
Idk about live but they had a different vocalist on their first several albums.
https://youtu.be/rl5mpfdTbJM?si=RbQT4XJjcywzyOCh
>>
Heroes of Our Time is their only good song
>>
>>123693903
Yeah, I know. ZP was the singer in their first 4 albums, then got replaced by the twink who's still there.

He does an okay job at singing the old stuff. I'd rather hear him sing Soldier's of the Wasteland than power of the triforce or whatever.
>>
>>123693996
I like them both. The current singer has a solo project and some of the songs are similar to Dragonforce and some of them are more like a metal band playing other styles of music.
https://youtu.be/gWdwm2V6Lkw?si=hKiGe7vc_PuHKrcw
>>
>>123693764
early dragonforce was actually kino until they fell into the whole "meme pop metal" shtick
>>
>>123694409
Their last album is so bad it actually gave me a headache.

OP might be onto something when he described it as Reddit Metal.
>>
>>123695097
Reddit metal is what this board likes.

Limp Bizkit, Slipknot, Linkin Park, Suicide Silence, etc. You kinda have to be actually counter culture to like Dragonforce these days, it's not the mid 00s when they were briefly trendy.
>>
>>123695122
Nigga they literally have a song called Power of the Triforce. Call them Big Bang Theory Metal then.
>>
>>123695122
i thought reddit metal is stuff like gloryhammer and sabaton

for me I'm into melodic bands (but not overtly pop metal) like kamelot, Queensryche, blind guardian, and iced earth, but i also like some old school trad and extreme metal (think sad ex, angel witch, and metal church)
>>
>Valley of the Damned
Power metal masterpiece. A bit generic, but still all bangers.

>Sonic Firestorm
Not as good as the first album, but still has great songs overall. Soldiers of the Wasteland is probably their best song.

>Inhuman Rampage
A tad bit overrated, but solid album nonetheless. Lost Souls in Endless Time is probably their best bonus track.

>Ultra Beatdown
Peak DragonForce. As good as Valley of the Damned but has their identity more clear.

>Power Within
Continues the thread of Ultra Beatdown. Most of these songs sound like they're from the previous album.

>Maximum Overload and etc...
Steady decline in quality with each album. Extreme Power Metal sounded promising, but was still a let down. Warp Speed Warriors sucks.
>>
File: todd.jpg (167 KB, 800x1200)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>>123693764
Only know this song but they're based in my book

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX875XBcfMY
>>
>>123695473
Idk to me reddit = trendy, and power metal hasn't been trendy since like the early-mid 00s

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.