[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 75753759.jpg (46 KB, 500x500)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>don't care about kpop
>hear jisoo's version of yuki no hana
>extremely good
>listen to a couple of her other songs
>beautiful love ballads, sung with excellent technique, intonation, diction
>more importantly sung with great artistry, intelligence, sensitivity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjKRglnBr7A&list=RDfjKRglnBr7A&
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-H2RbM1kgQ
>listen to the rest of her stuff with blackpink
>generic kpop crap
>not bad but lifeless corporate junk produced for low iq teenagers as the main demographic
>look up interviews and find that she was the only one among the group of girls at her agency to audition with a traditional ballad instead of a pop song, and her musical disposition is clearly not with pop music
What a shame to see such a good musician not be able to live her potential. Imagine the different kind of music that could come out of korea if it weren't for the chokehold that the big entertainment agencies have on the music industry there
>>
File: 1712019514018290.png (1.12 MB, 1080x1061)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
>>123753254
>>
jisoo is one of the worst vocalists in kpop
>>
THIS is the music analysis of the typical anti kpop /mu/gger
lol just lol KPOP GENERAL mid wits are leagues above you
>>
>dont care about kpop
blackpink...
>>
>>123753254
leaving aside just how terrible her voice is, it's not uncommon for kpop idols to prefer ballads. kpop itself is largely considered a joke by adults in korea, who mostly listen to trot and ballads and other 'adult contemporary' genres, and this isn't lost on the youth either. many of them are in kpop just for the 1% or lower chance that they can get TV or other acting gigs eventually, or end up on the ballad circuit, because most careers in kpop itself don't last past your mid-20s, if your group even makes it that far. ballads, on the other hand, you can sing until you die on stage for all they care. she does not have the voice to make it as a ballad singer though.
>>
>>123753254
>Imagine the different kind of music that could come out of korea if it weren't for the chokehold that the big entertainment agencies have on the music industry there
Ballads are huge in Korea though. They just don't export it because it isn't profitable like Kpop is. If you're that curious, look up idols' playlists, many of them will have at least a few ballads and the ones with really good singing voices will likely have many. If anything, it's indie and experimental music from Korea that needs more recognition. Ballads are doing just fine.
>>
>>123754281
If you're Korean who lurks around here, you're probably someone who hate ballads the most, but where do you come from?

I hate this slops so much it's unreal. Totall Korean ballad death
https://youtu.be/BewOO9EjoLk
>>
File: 1703721037470240.webm (2.92 MB, 640x366)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB WEBM
>>123754775
I'm Korean-American, but if you're referring to someone specific that's probably not me. I can appreciate a good ballad, but Korea just cranks out nonstop generic slop because it's the only thing that's easy on the ears of a rapidly aging population, and because they feature prominently in kdramas, which the entire country is addicted to, as well as people outside of Korea. Every week dozens if not hundreds of ballads just like the one you linked get released. Blows the mind, especially when you consider that they do have some decent rock, alternative, punk, electronic, etc. But Korea is a country where conformity rules, so you end up with a small number of things that the majority likes, and everyone else is kind of fucked. They don't call it 헬조선 for nothing.
>>
>>123755121
Just to add one thing here, I unironically respect the hell out of that Rap Monster guy from BTS. He's pretty much the only Kpop idol I've ever seen try to get his fans interested in other Korean artists and genres outside of the pop bubble. If I'm looking at Korean indie artists, who typically get anywhere from a couple hundred to maybe 10k views, and I suddenly see one that has 100k or more, at least half the time it's because he recommended them (and imo he has pretty good taste too). Though sending BTS fans to another artists' fan base isn't necessarily a good thing.
>>
>>123755195
even this song was recommended by him
https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=i4BXnPPPePE
>>
>>123756437
Yeah. He's a shitty rapper, he ruined that song he did with Basedoon but maybe a couple more kpoppies got interested in her as a result. Take the good with the bad I guess.
>>
>>123756490
Forgot about the filter lmao. it's So!Yoon!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.