[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 600x600bf-60.jpg (89 KB, 600x600)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>guitar tone literally sounds like nails on a chalkboard
Do people unironically like this album?
>>
>filtered

metal is just not for you
>>
>>123794017
Dude, I like De Mysteris and Transilvanian hunger and even Burzum's earlier albums, I just don't understand Filosofem.
>>
>>123794009
Yeah they do. It’s a very popular and acclaimed album for that era of metal. There are lots of reviews out there that you could read that might help you understand. Good luck! :)
>>
>>123794041
you're looking for more traditional sounding metal and you will not find that in filosofem. it's an "anti-black metal" music according to Varg, it's droney af and it can be very trance-like music. guitars tone being like that enhances the feeling, there's is no album like it, he really nailed it in that one
>>
>>123794009
ear doctor ASAP mate
>>
>>123794009
It's so bad it's actually good
>>
>>123794009
hating the guitar tone? hold on, you'll love the next part (1 hour of casio ambient)
>>
>>123794009
Not music.
>>
How do you dispute the perfect black metal album, oh yeah, huh that's how
>>
>>123794009
I don't really like metal very much, but I like this album a lot, also I'm gay
>>
>>123795510
you are on the right path, no matter who tells you what
>>
File: feels varg.png (20 KB, 984x1092)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>be Varg
>sick of black metal becoming a trend
>try to make your next album sound as shit as humanly possible
>buy the worst possible recording gear and use whatever instruments you can get your hands on
>sing into a helicopter mic
>repeat riffs ad nauseam
>so done with the genre you're a part of, that you dedicate 25 minutes of the album to a repetitive doo-doo-doo keyboard snoozefest
>invent and perfect atmoshit, the trendiest, most palatable black metal of all which can still reasonably be called black metal
>atmoshitters spend their careers badly copying your album, making worse and worse pastiches of it
>much of your fans are cosmopolitan hipsters and Brazilians who call you their brother
>>
>>123795636
>much of your fans are cosmopolitan hipsters and Brazilians
lol lmao even
>>
>>123795395
only the subtle will understand the latent genius of this remark >:D
>>
>>123795743
>only me and my esoteric frens enjoy this free head cannon :xD
>>
>>123795771
When you're too stupid to realize the joke is "black" metal (aka, not music because it's "black"). Fucking redditors fucking up my fun :(
>>
>>123795510
I’m just listening to it now because of this thread, I’m enjoying it a lot. Not my usual style of music at all
>>
>>123794009
Yeah? And It's not like nails on a chalkboard. It's distorted to shit with gain turned up past the max point. It's the best-sounding black metal album as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>12379586
when your too stupid to shut the fuck up about bragging about being a pleb

Om 4/chang to realize the joke is on you
Please upvote for karma i'm an attention seeking faggot I need the gold karma faggot upvote points please oh lord pleb validate me
Give all the faggot karma to this dickhead>>123795868
>>
>>123794009
It was the first hipster BM album. It subverted it and bent it past the breaking point. And today even many purists will admit, that this is the crowning jewel of Black Metal.
>>
nails on a chalkboard actually sound like a screeching noise, while the guitars on this album sound almost "tinny" but still retain some beef
>>
>>123795940
16 year old dick sucking faggot going through a teenage identity crisis lashes out at strangers on the internet because his parents ignore him at home :(

P.S- Not music.
>>
File: cat-dance.gif (3.65 MB, 368x368)
3.65 MB
3.65 MB GIF
>Erblicket Die Tochter Des Firmaments starts playing
>>
>>123796284
best track, based cat, completely real video
>>
try this one
>>
>>123796549
>>
>>123794009
people literally chase that guitar tone

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.