[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/mu/ - Music

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Chelsea Girl is alright, but Nico's other solo albums are pretty shit. Nico is best when she's singing very melodic and melancholy music with her rather unconventional voice.
>>
>>124107536
i liked the one where she sings about a boy sailing away, think it was ari's song.
generally i like her brand of weirdness, but its fine if you don't.
>>
>>124107536
>Nico is best when she's singing very melodic and melancholy music
She has a lot of songs like this on her other albums especially on The Marble Index
>>
>>124107536
I would say that this one was shit and the other ones are based. Also it is actually pretty conventional just by Germam Standards not American Ones.
>>
>>124107550
I prefer when she sings nice, pretty pop songs. Her deeper, more strange voice creates a nice contrast with it. Her other albums just aren't very melodic and I don't like it very much.
My ideal Nico album would be Chelsea Girl but if it wasn't so overproduced (no strings or flutes or anything). Just Nico singing pop/folk songs that other people wrote.
>>
>>124107571
Marble Index also has some family guy ominous moments and Family Guy Beautiful Moments aswell.
>>
>>124107598
that would be pretty interesting to hear, but then again, ive only heard the marble index and have yet to actually listen to chelsea girl.
>>
>>124107619
Nico singing Bob Dylan:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvqqtZTCRHY
>>
>>124107612
Idk what you mean by that exactly but Im here for it bro
>>
>>124107631
Yeah, basically what I want is this but less overproduced.
>>
>>124107536
There is nothing good or special about Nico. She is the equivalent of a nepo baby, she had rich and famous friends who liked her for her looks and so she got shoehorned into the scene. Something of an industry plant you could say. She’s not an authentic artist, that’s why she’s so dreadful to listen to, except on some velvet underground songs where the emotional deadpan off key singing works.
>>
>>124107550
That's very kino of you. I know which one you're talking about. Well chosen,if that's really the only song you ever liked that she did than you have excellent taste. Unironic reddit gold moment. Proves you actually understand the psych genre also.
>>
>>124107536
Anyone know if The Drama of Exile is any good?
>>
>>124107769
well, its not the *only* nico song i like. upon my memory, i recall listening to no one is there a lot when i was checking out marble index. the experience of nico in a dark room is utterly splendid.
>>
>>124107788
Yo, i got you bro. They’re no good. Nada. Don’t worry about it. Don’t listen to either. Seriously. Go listen to Burnt Weeny Sandwich by Frank Zappa instead.
>>
>>124107695
It has moments of introspection ,kindness,and beauty,moments which are bizzare and offputting,and some moments of extremely extremely traditional folk music. It's a very neuanced album. Would compare Nicos work in bulk more to The Moody Blues or Pink Floyd or even an early Krautrock Band than I actually really would The Velvet Underground. As pretentious as they were and maybe more for a niche audiance they unironixally shared more in common musically with The Beatles or The Who than they did her. They were a rock band first and foremost. Just the less polished less mainstream American Garage version of that and less the beatles,who,hollies,or Kinks brand of more mainstream British style (although at times the who and the kinks and even the Beatles kinda mirror The Velvet Underground ad do The Doors as does Loge as does The Dovers but these bands were also really close together in time for the most part). Buffalo Springfield I would give as much credit as The Beatles though and early 60s surf rock but yeah,The Velvet Underground were less of a mainstream product maybe but not really too far removed from the English psych bands or whatever from California. The people who think they weren't a psych rock band still are trying too hard. Maybe not every track but on enough tracks to view them as such. Lou Reed liked Jimi Hendrix.
>>
>>124107819
hey cmon now, don't be like that.
just cause (You) don't like it doesn't mean everybody else shouldn't.
>>
>>124107788
>>124107819
Sadly have to agree with this ngl lol. The End has songs that are kino on it but after that Nico fell off desu. 80s Nico is cringe.
>>
I have an opinion too!
>>
So is Nico just for NEET retards or something? Why is everyone in this thread a retarded namefag?
>>
>>124107829
See when you said family guy it threw me off but its probably because its so dog shit anymore. That makes sense especially when thinking of the old family guy + when you put it into this perspective
>>
>>124107806
No One is there is also kino. You are extremely based and kino lol. >>124107846
>Lacking self awareness this badly

No but most /mu/core is.
>>
>>124107846
ive already said im not even a huge nico fan, so ill assume youre simply baiting. have a (You) and a nice day as well.
>>
>>124107858
I was just referencing memes desu. Family Guy Beautiful Moments
>>124107867
You chose two of the best ones without even trying.
>>
File: 1726619280433551.jpg (6 KB, 249x217)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>Lacking self awareness this badly
Did Nicotranny really just say this.
>>
>>124107881
>Le Epic Pepe Response

Yeah I did. I've had more work experience in real life than over half of you do garunteed. Fucking wild calling me a "neet".
>>
>>124107836
Hey man, fuck you, you’re spending more time jacking off the Nico sperg in the Nico thread than youre tending to your Zappa thread (in which you said to not interact with him)

To the guillotine with you.
Also some Nico is ok and taste is subjective sure but you can kinda tell who puts effort into their music and who has artistic visions and who is just in it for the money or fame of it. Nico was a groupie for famous artists at the end of the day..
>>
>>124107859
thank you nicosperg, i'd say likewise and i hope you arent too bothered by my banter against you in the zappa thread i made.
>>
>>124107879
Oh you were? Damn I was thinking way deeper than that. Topkek
>>
>>124107926
Yeah no it wasn't some sort of meta cultural commentary. I was literally routing Facebook meme groups at you. You're fine dw.
>>
>>124107898
/mu/ is not a war to see which faction of autists hates the other the most. when i see statements that i like, i will reply. maybe you should participate in my zappa thread as well, friend.
>>
>>124107908
You're fine. I just want expecting you to know your shit like that dude. On me ig. You ever heard The Edgar Broughton Band or The 5th Dimension?
>>
this is the worst thread ever created. nico is now essentially a banned topic on this board.
>>
>>124107938
If you’re not committed to conducting psychological warfare against all Nico stans then don’t call me friend, guy.
>>
>>124107898
Nico would have made more money by staying in shape and continuing to be a supermodel than she would have making weird experimental psych folk albums with questionable political subtext and spending all her money on heroin. I don't think it's a wild stretch to say she probably actually was not in it for the money. I garuntee you she would have made more continuing to do banal crap like she did on Chelsea Girl and be a 60s Taylor Swift (I do like Fairest of Seasons though).
>>
>>124107947
nope, but i ought to check em out. thx for the recs
you like any of that first love album? little red book gets all the love, but my flash on you is a personal favorite of mine.
>>
>>124107974
>be a 60s Taylor Swift
How the fuck could someone with a voice like Nico ever pull that off?
>>
>>124107983
She already was prettymuch on Chelsea Girl. Also she has a pretty standard German Singing Voice. Sort of halfway between classical and folk traditions from that region. Nothing weirder than what Björk was doing later on or what you'd hear in a Richard Wagner Play or in Traditional Norwegian or Swedish Music.
>>
>>124107972
cmon, youre being a bit autistic.
consider all the positive posts on zappa you couldve made instead of hating on one specific person.
dont waste your time hating.
>>
>>124107999
How does that translate to her becoming one of the biggest pop stars on the entire planet? She couldn't have done that if she wanted
>>
>>124107974
Well you said it yourself. She became a disgraced junkie so of course she couldn’t go back to modeling. She aged herself very quickly. She didn’t have much of a choice but banking on her singer songwriter image to fuel her addiction
>>
>>124108008
I know this is a problematic statement but if you grew up at all around German Culture especially musical tradition you would understand that Nico is as authentic as it gets. Same with Shocking Blue and CAN. A true continuation of western music tradition.
>>
File: Iykyk.jpg (261 KB, 1600x1600)
261 KB
261 KB JPG
>>124107964
>nico is now essentially a banned topic
Nah...A banned topic is
>>
>>124108008
With all due respect, Nico sperg posts way more than I do.
>>
>>124108024
Lol no. Nico really really fucking cared about her music. You don't know shit dude. You're a halfway retard who isn't even able to sit through a Nico Song to begin with. She cared about the art more than anything else. Her music was all about soudscapes and buildup and the emotional energy with the audiance. You don't know shit. Zappas Music was clearly soulless in comparison.
>>
>>124108037
this is probably true, as some CAN members worked with good ol Stockhausen himself, but i dont see how this is relevant to the zappasperg guy wasting his time on this precious earth.
>>
>>124108037
shocking blue isn't german
>>
>>124108058
He's just too big of a retard to get genuine art music. In my mind that's what Jimi was doing too even though he was more "mainstream",Zappa existed purely in the realm of the superficial. Soft Machine were "really about the music" too more I would say,but Nico was a way better artist than Zappa regardless so it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>124108070
Neither is Love,Arthur Lee was literally black and from Memphis,but he helped yo overall further the creation and study of western music as art in a way that a guy like Frank Zappa never could have.
>>
>>124108037
>Same with Shocking Blue
What's your opinion of Nirvana's cover of Shocking Blue? Do you view it as a desecration of the Western canon?
>>
>>124108095
No lol,I don't like Nirvana much but that would be an overstatement. I do think it proves Shocking Blues influence on music as a wider whole to a degree,and the use of guitar tone and melody in both Nirvana and most Black Metal desu was far closer to Shocking Blue than it was to The Beatles.
>>
>>124108095
Love,Shocking Blue,Jimi Hendrix,Nico,Cream,CAN,and Jefferson Airplane all had a way bigger influence on music than Zappa,The Beatles,or Captain Beefheart did in the long run.
>>
>>124108090
all i said is that shocking blue isn't german. what does that have to do with love? you were talking about german music before and brought up shocking blue.
>>
>>124108193
I think that would be you struggling to put together a larger picture of what I'm talking about then.
>>
>>124107536
it's her best
>>
>>124108290
It's really not. Marble Index and Desertshore were her best. There's a couple good songs off The End aswell. Only song off Chelsea Girls I really like is Fairest of Seasons.
>>
>>124107536
there's a new singer who's quite like her, Alsous Harding maybe?
>>
Nico had a hand in creating so many styles/niches but I'm fixated on Camera Obscura. Nico + The Faction, originator of goth darkwave funk
>>
>>124107788
Better than the original:
https://youtu.be/mitqzXe4Y0o?si=zaCN9-4e46jWAFvj
>>
>>124107536
Evening of Light is perfect in every way
>>
>>124109896
No one actually thinks this
>>
>>124109792
Okay, so, first of all. That was shit. That was ridiculously shit.
Second of all, part of the appeal of Nico is that she has that thick non-Anglo accent. You can tell English isn't her first language. She pronounces things in a manner that's weird and endearing. You can't have a Nico from an English speaking country. You also can't have a Nico that's a millennial or a zoomer either for that matter, because millennials and zoomers are faggots.
>>
>>124107536
All these namefags put a bad taste in my mouth.
>>
>>124108039
Wow not one response to this. Fucking new fags
>>
desu she wasnt even good just very pretty

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.