[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Share your ride, ask for advice, shitpost about 'em, so and on and so on.

All posters with pedal less monstrosities like Sur Ron's will be summarily executed.
>>
>>>/o/
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (9 KB, 183x275)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
Guys what's the best way to burn down my house/apartment/condo/multi use building? I only have $900 which I assume would get me about 14Ah? If anyone dies, and I sure hope they do, it's ok because >muh cars or some shit also >muh boomers.
>>
File: 1603034746952.jpg (391 KB, 900x900)
391 KB
391 KB JPG
>>
"""e-bikes""" = CANCER
>>
File: 1688598764248715.gif (461 KB, 500x281)
461 KB
461 KB GIF
As someone new to this board who's looking to buy a bike/e-bike can someone explain to me the absolute uncontrollable hate they have here?

I live in a mostly flat area and don't need anything fancy, at most my bike route would be about ~20 miles max. I live in the midwest and it's mostly flat but just want a semi decent e-bike for pedal assist during the insane wind we can get here around Sioux Falls. Seems like every time I research something reviews on YT, bike places, plebbit, etc come up fairly positive. I only come here because I don't want to sign up for gay forums and go through the process just to post a question.

Every post seems to be the following
>uhh if it's not 2k it will explode
>powerleveling about how it's not a real bike
>yikes chink shit, get something with sticker not chink shit but still made in china
>just don't... (no further explanation)
>directed to /o/ for a car instead

Like don't you guys do any casual biking around town? Not everything has to be tour de france or can climb Everest as a bike.
>>
>>1975643
I'm not an /n/ regular but I used to be an e-bike hater myself. It's entirely due to the mindset of seeing cycling as a sport and not a practical means of transportation why people hate on them. I heard about e-bikes years ago but dismissed them as a fad for lazy people. I thought anything but a road bike/MTB was stupid or cheating. Since I started commuting and hauling cargo I have become a an avid e-bike enthusiast. Even the argument that they are not sporting is stupid since you can just put it on low PAS and pedal harder.
>>
>>1975643
>>1975643
There's also e-bike haters within the e-bike crowd. Currently there is a gulf between Chinese/DIY e-bikes and western brick and mortar store bikes. E.g $4k Specialized e-bike vs $1k Aliexpress fatbike. The people paying 4-5x the price for the same performance need to justify it by trashing the Chinese/DIY bikes. Some of their arguments against the Chinese bikes are valid, they do catch fire and use cheap parts etc but the fact that you can build a quality commuter with a branded donor bike and Bafang/CYC drive shows that the pre-built options are massively overpriced. I think the e-bike bubble will pop soon and people will be wondering why no-one wants to pay $5k for their Riese + Muller bike on FB marketplace.
>>
>>1975657
I agree.

Problem is over here 90% of e-bikes i see are enduro style MTBs, not commuters.

People use them on sundays to go up mountains where you never saw a cyclist before, annoying hikers when climbing up (assisted up to 25km/h), and endangering everyone when going downhill fast af with those fat 29" tires and 130mm suspension.

That is what people are hating here.
>>
File: vivi bike.png (272 KB, 666x674)
272 KB
272 KB PNG
>>1975657
I'm not against using your legs to pedal by any means, I've owned a few in the past and loved it. Though after a day's work or grabbing some food, having to bike for 5 miles directly into 15-25mph winds, kinda takes the fun out of the ordeal. For me owning a car just isn't practical when my max range of travel is about a 12 mile radius before I end up well into farmland.

>>1975662
I have image, it's not bad. I get the exploding meme but I don't leave it plugged in 24/7 like some idiots I've heard who suffered gravely. I can understand the cope for those big ass wanna be motorcycle looking things, but man for getting around town sometimes a pedal assist on an ultra windy day or just a long day is worth it.
>>
>>1975563
>>1975581
>>1975627
You will never know the joy of booze cruising up the hill after spending the evening with your boys and not even breaking a sweat.
>>
File: gondolacycle.gif (246 KB, 544x632)
246 KB
246 KB GIF
Can you still trick modern bosch/shimano motors by placing the magnet on the crank or do the newer firmware detect this?
>>
>>1975554
Bought one for 5k in 2022 and sold it like 3 months later because it felt weird and my prefered power output/cadence lays above the 25km/h cutoff so it was totally pointless to haul all the extra weight.
Uphills just got boring because the satisfaction of conquering something with your own power went away.
Curvy singletrails and downhills felt shitty because of the massive weight. Felt like hauling a motorcycle down a hill.
Wouldnt recommend it for people who just like roadbiking/mountainbiking.
Only get one as a commuter in hilly terrain or as an e-cargo bike if you really have to haul shit on a bike and dont have a car.
>>
>>1975790
Why didn't you just derestrict it?
>>
>>1975657
Or maybe just maaaaaaybe some people want to not literally DIAF but sure, muh lycra groomers
>>
>>1975807
I did for like 2 weeks.
But i didnt use it for commuting or getting groceries.
And it kinda takes all the fun from mountainbiking
>>
>>1975643
>can someone explain to me the absolute uncontrollable hate they have here?
It's elitism mixed with jealousy. Road bikers have very fragile egos. Their talent is to make bikes go fast, so it's only natural that they'd feel threatened by ebikes.
>>
>>1976045
Or the fact that they're all bike noobs that block the roads as if they were dog walkers wearing airpods. At least they're getting better every year.

t. Owns both
>>
>>1976063
>roll the red
>cageoids go ballistic and scream about "cheating"
>don't roll the red
>cagers go ballistic when they're stuck behind me
>roll the red
>3/4 of the way to the next light
>cageoid ragehonks at me so I let him go so he can rush to wait at the light
>wave at the cageoid at the next light as he seethes in impotent rage
>turn right on red because not even oinkers care about that
>cageoid malds with seethe that I cheated again
>light turns
>delayed ped interval means the intersection is full of peds
>cageoid runs them all down and rams into a parked fedex truck
>they came outta nowhere officer!
>cageoid gets an official apology from Mayor Adams
>NY times runs a headline about how pedestrians were run down by an inanimate "car" and soapboxes about distracted walking (the deceased peds weren't looking in all directions at all times)
>Seargeant's Benevolent Association raided by the FBI
>everyone claps
>albert einstein and mark twain make a snarky quote
>cyclists all get raptured
>cageoids Left Behind by Nicholas Cage
>everyone claps again
>>
>>1975554
I'm thinking about getting one of these to protect the battery from rain.
>>
>>1976089
Does that help for deep penetration firebombing ops far behind enemy lines?

Sucks when your incendiary bomb burns your epidermis off before you reach the target in the “inner city” amirite yimby bros?
>>
>>1976089
>open on top...
Wont work.
>>1976147
Lithium batteries arent even that fun to burn
But dry batteries wont go wrong as much as wet ones...
>>
>>1975554
FUKIN LUV TECKELS, ME
>>
>>1975554
>everyone keeps thinking my bike is an ebike because i have a frame bag
im one of you now :)
>>
>>1975643
ok im not one of those people who seethes over ebikes existing but dude you do not need an ebike for 20miles on the flat, i mean do it if you want but that just sounds like a waste
>>
>>1975643
an ebike wont help in the wind, they are as subject to aerodynamics as a regular bike
to get any noticeable improvement in a headwind without improving your aerodynamics you need a retardedly powerful motor
pro roadies need to put down 1000+ watts to go 30 and thats WITH maximum aero
if you had anything less than a 1kwatt ebike with shit aero and rolling resistance an average fag on a roadbike (not even talking about pros or anything) would still be faster
>>
>>1976254
I own both and I don't think that's true but ok
>>
>>1976255
well i guess you got me there but when i dont have my panniers i overtake ebikes on the flat in the wind all the time
then i seethe as they overtake me back the moment theres a hill
>>
>>1976152
Should I just tape up the tiny gaps instead? I don't want to damage the paint or leave it sticky. Pic related is the bike I have
>>
>>1976254
I'm pretty sure just putting the motor into drive will help tackle a 15-25mph headwind, if nothing else the peddle assist will make it far easier.
>pro roadies need to put down 1000+ watts to go 30 and thats WITH maximum aero
Who the fuck said this? I just want to have 25mph head winds be manageable rather than a fucking nightmare. If absolutely nothing else operating in pedal assisted mode will make biking into a strong wind fairly easy.

Most of what I am going to be doing is using my bike to pick groceries up, head to a pub to watch a game or something, go out to eat, or head to/from work. I'm not giving a flying fuck about my areo efficiency as I am not racing armstrong here. In no situation am I going to go "Ah yeah long day in the office, time to suit up so I can get my areo proper and make it an easy ride!"

This board is like "what not going pro? Why bother bro!"
>>
>>1976254
>I literal motor will not help in wind
I've read some stupid shit on this board but this has to be fighting for the top spot
>>
>>1976331
That guy has no idea what the fuck he is talking about. Any electrical assistance will help massively in a headwind.
>>
>>1976331
>Who the fuck said this? I just want to have 25mph head winds be manageable rather than a fucking nightmare. If absolutely nothing else operating in pedal assisted mode will make biking into a strong wind fairly easy.
improving aero is the only thing that will help this unless you want 1kw of motor
>>1976338
only if its a huge motor
>>1976356
it will make almost no difference
>>
File: 1685659630910134.jpg (66 KB, 698x661)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>1976366
I can guarantee you pedal assist biking will 100% be easier to deal with in a strong head wind than without
>improving aero is the only thing that will help this unless you want 1kw of motor
Prove this statement, prove that a bike like >>1975671 a pedal assist during biking into a head wind will not make it easier. Fucking e-scooters, those abominations, can handle a fair head wind.

>B-b-b-bBUT MUH AREO
Nigga, some people are just biking to go get some food or groceries. How the FUCK are you trying to areo when you have some groceries on you or just came from work?
>>
>>1976366
Kill yourself.
>>
>>1976372
it will either be easier or a couple of mph faster not both
>>1976376
hoping a cagie will do it for me
>>
File: 1684871778222879.png (266 KB, 666x653)
266 KB
266 KB PNG
>>1976378
>it will either be easier or a couple of mph faster not both
No one is saying it will be faster you fucking moron, you're the only one who brought up some metric of it having to go 30 while in a head wind. The whole fucking post you replied to was detailing out the fact it is easier to bike with an e-bike into headwind. That's it.

It could be both easier and faster vs. simple pedal into a head wind, if not definitely. Especially if someone is just using it to get around town and carry shit and isn't looking to go 100% areo.
>>
>>1976380
ok well i guess if you wanna spend thousands for a huge heavy bike to go the same speed eeeever so slightely easier go off i guess
go for at least 1000 if you want it to be worth it
you underestimate the exponential scaling of aerodynamic drag
some aliexpress clip on aerobars or some nicer tyres would make a bigger difference lol
or hell if you have thousands to spend just buy a motorcycle loll
>>
>>1976401
at least 1000watts*
how much that costs will also scale exponentially ofc
go for a conversion unless you wanna waste even more money
>>
File: ebike.png (208 KB, 795x492)
208 KB
208 KB PNG
>>1976401
A quick search on amazon brought up this, that's about around the same price as a normal bike. For someone who would want to get around town or run to the store it will work just fine. I don't understand what /n/ thinks people do with ebikes.
>go for at least 1000 if you want it to be worth it
LOL what? are you doing cross country? Oh no the battery died, welp guess I can just pedal now.
>you underestimate the exponential scaling of aerodynamic drag
No one is in a fucking race you absolute retarded ESL.
>>
>>1976401
>buy a motorcycle
In California, I have to pay a bunch for the training, the get it registered, insured, and I have to ride it in the road where all the inattentive drivers are. Plus, every time I have downloaded the Motorcycle guide book, the next day I get a client who slipped on a single grain of sand and lost several ribs, eyesight, and somehow got double cancer.

But with an e-bike, I can still carry the same amount of stuff and I can jump between the sidewalk and bicycle gutter. Even though I will be slower than a Motorcycle, I also don't have to deal with traffic and usually can go at my own pace.
>>
File: 1706432700809.jpg (46 KB, 648x1156)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>1975554
>All posters with pedal less monstrosities like Sur Ron's will be summarily executed.

Without DIY chinkshits, Surrons, and throttle-only ebikes, this is just another commuter thread. Have a bump anyway. Please, don't shoot.
>>
You eb*kers are the worst riders to be stuck around on big group rides.
>>
>>1976416
>A quick search on amazon brought up this, that's about around the same price as a normal bike.
wow a shitty amazon bike
yeah i guess sure but its not gonna be any better on the flat than a bicycle that costs a tenner lol
>I don't understand what /n/ thinks people do with ebikes.
deliveroo apparently thats the only time i rly see them desu
>LOL what? are you doing cross country?
no just trying to get places
i have to deal with 25% grades and lots of wind every time i ride
i only wish iim on an ebike when im going uphill but i have the gearing for it so its easy just slow
on the flat i pass ebikes unless ive got my panniers and jacket on or theyre a big powerful mtb or aeroy gravel meme thingy
>Oh no the battery died, welp guess I can just pedal now.
not on that bike, you need a better one than that to not have motor drag when the batteries dead
plus enjoy that weight and pitiful gearing with no power
those tyres are probably awful too but thats the case even on more expensive bikes
>No one is in a fucking race you absolute retarded ESL.
no and neither am i, speed and efficiency are two sides of the same coin
when i talk about speed and passing people im talking about airspeed, i could slow down to their speed and be putting in about the same amount of effort unless theyre aerofagging too
if your gonna get an ebike spend the money for one thats not shit, build a kit desu fuck prebuilts, and fuck buying any bikes brand new in this market
and use it to carry some cargo or something at least, its just a waste to have a big pile of future ewaste in your bike that you arent really using
>>1976443
yeah desu idk why i said that, i wish i could ride a motorcycle but ofc them being treated like cars but worse makes them impractical as every day transport
at least ebikes get you like 5% of a motorcycle without all the bureaucracy i guess
and not being able to take it on a train
>>1976457
i saw a guy today getting hektic on a surron lol
looks like fun
>>
>finally got electric bike
>people at work really like it and want to try it out
>someone in the office also bought one
>can charge it at work for free
So basically what I've learned is if /n/ hates it, then it's probably the correct thing to do. Didn't realize I was back to somethingawful logic
>>
>>1976600
>not on that bike, you need a better one than that to not have motor drag when the batteries dead
If you can't pull 10mph on a bike like that with 20'' tires, you seriously need to lose some weight.
>>
>>1977802
you still looks like of bad
i can not undertsood you not must get buk
all will laigh
yoy are weak bloodline
>>
>>1975554
>/debt/
Wow at least you are self aware in what you going to be after buying one and using it 2 times before going back to cars you cock sucking faggots

Back to >>>/o/ with you
>>
File: IMG_7796.jpg (1.16 MB, 1875x2500)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB JPG
>>1975554
What in tarnation is this brand?
>>
>>1978881
Looks like a Cheetah by Revi, I think they're sold under a few different brand names.
>>
File: 71Ke2KajxeL.jpg (167 KB, 1432x1000)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
how do yall prevent your bike being stolen at a shop or the gym if there's nothing to chain it to
>>
>>1979473
by finding a different different gym and shop
>>
>>1979473
Most every gym I've been a part of allows you to bring your bike in and keep it up front. What fucking gym are you going through?
>>
how do I remove my limiter?
>>
>>1979625
Depends on the bike. Whatchu got?
>>
>>1979627
AT656
>>
>>1979628
I'm guessing it's doing that thing where you go over 15mph and the motor cuts out, right?

I don't want to give shitty advice for a shitty bike I don't know anything, but try looking up to see if there's something you could do through the controller. I think for yours it *might* be a Lishui LSW 06. You'll probably need a programming cable or even a new, compatible display in order to access the settings. At this point you've probably gutted the entire bike so you might as well swap out the controller too for a better motor and battery while you're at it. Or just accept your bike for what it is idk
>>
>>1979630
*>I don't know anything about
>>
File: 1707940488655.jpg (477 KB, 646x872)
477 KB
477 KB JPG
The shitty steel Wald 215 rack I bought for ~$30 that all the /n/iggers in the /bqg/ told me would self-destruct is still working and outlasting my fancy aluminum touring racks. I'm carrying 20lbs of battery + 20lbs of potatoes over bumpy ass roads at 35mph and it doesn't give a shit. Granted, I took /n/'s advice about the weak welds, so I reinforced them with hose clamps just to be sure they don't break apart. This has exceeded my expectations. Aluminum fags btfo.

Taking what I learned (steel is real frfr) I have modified a beefy Tubus steel rack to hold an ebike battery. This is what I wanted in the first place. It's solid af, but would be better if it could be welded. Might use this on a new build, since the Wald is still working fine.
>>
>>1978635
Why do electric bikes make people seethe so hard?
>>
Since flamboyant bois be asking:
It's the fact that (((you))) are compulsory liars. That's why people dislike e-bikes and their users. You are riding an electric motorcycle. That's what it is. Employing unconventional means of controlling it's speed, rotating pedals that is, doesn't make it any different than twist grip or foot pedal accelerators. That is not an inherently bad thing. But you could at least be honest enough and admit to being a motorist. Instead you try LARPing as cyclists. You do this to get access to cycling infrastructure. You're engaging in cultural appropriation. You usually lack bike handling and understanding of etiquette and cyclists end up being thrown into the mix. You're always in the way, going slow but not moving over, especially not before a cyclist had to slam the brakes. And if one of you ever happens not to be in slow and in the way it's anticyclic. Cyclists will have to put up with your shit over again on the next flat stretch, corner or descent.
Just buy a fucking electric motorbike and be a motorist.
>>
>>1980642
Nobody cares about your super secret club, ebikers buy them to get around not to wank around with your made up cycler etiquette
>Just buy a fucking electric motorbike and be a motorist.
They barely exist, and you might as well buy a motorbike at that point which costs more, needs to be registered, requires a license, needs petrol, is much heavier/ can't be parked easily/ and so on
>>
>>1980659
can't wait for e-bikes requiring moped license to operate
>>
>>1980667
Nobody is gonna enforce that in my area. And if they try they'll never catch me since I'm on an e-motorcycle.

no license, no registrationSAH4, no verification needed.
>>
>>1980659
Are you acting dumb on purpose ?
It IS an electric motorcycle. They are plenty and plenty cheap. Just accept it as that, stop pretend its anything different and do not use it where motorvehicles are not allowed or welcome. Also behave in general. Sadly motorists have to be explicitly told the later.
>>
>>1980642
I get this is mostly bait but because this place is so pants on head retarded.
I don't think anyone actually thinks an electric bike is more than just a good investment compared to a only pedal bike. As others have stated a reasonable use case for getting to/from work where you might not want to pedal or suit up for proper areo or just combat the environmental conditions.

Virtually everyone I've talked to with an ebike simply wants one because it negates the need for registration+expensive registration+maintenance of a bike, and finally because they don't go far enough on average to justify an investment like a 50cc bike. Most states require a specialized motorcycle course and drivers license for one, so that's not really worth it compared to that of an electric bike that caps out at 25mph.

Thinking that it's a competition between ebikes and regular bikes is fucking stupid.
>>
File: homer.jpg (2.32 MB, 2716x1772)
2.32 MB
2.32 MB JPG
>>1980642
>cultural appropriation
getoutofmyway.,,,iam theculture.
>>
>>1982812
are you ok bacon? you never used to be this fragile
>>
File: homelow.jpg (161 KB, 1913x939)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>1982836
ibrake,,,forevery trasheart thatsatan has suckedown!,
,,,,,,Godeliveredemtion tothell bound.,
,,,mytiresmokin.
>>
>>1975554
what e-bike for this daily commute?

>atlantic canada
>no bike paths, all street riding with max speed limit of 50 km/hr (31 mph)
>many rainy, windy, snowy days
>office wagie, will be transporting laptop and notebook
>soft-price cap of $3,000CAD (~$2,200USD)
>>
>>1984086

If you're going to spend 3000 dollars you might as well just buy a motorcycle of some sort, instead of riding around on a fucking e-bike like some virgin dork.

I don't think any of you cyclists realize how much riding a bike makes you look like a faggot.
>>
>>1984102
who hurt you?
>>
>>1984102
Why should i care how i look to others? Seems pretty homosexual to me.
I dont have a e bike but they have a lot of benefits compared to a motorcycle if you need it for lets say a radius of 30-50km.
Speed is not always the most important thing
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (109 KB, 1280x720)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
>>1984102
$3k for a motorcycle is either a wrecked piece of shit or an unsafe design from nineteen forgotten while $3k gets you a decent ebike. For a legit motorcycle, you need like $10k
>>
>>1984102
also, if you think riding a bicycle makes you look gay, you'll look gayer on a motorcycle
>t. I ride both, which is extra gay
>>
>>1984102
e-biking is not faggotry but I agree that if you are going to drop that much money you may as well buy a moped.
>>
>>1984116
Slightly off-topic, but since I'm missing that motorcycle sound on an ebike, I just had a thought: Halo-clickster on my throttle only ebike. Fun idea or would that get annoying really fast?
>>
>>1980873
He's not wrong, e-bikes are clearly motorbikes but legally defined as bicycles. It works so long as there's a speed limiter but once that's removed then the law becomes a farce.
>>
>>1984102
>>1984138
I would much rather spend less money than that. Are there models that are better priced that still meet my use case?
>>
>>1984164
Since you're in Leafland, check out Voltbike and Biktrix. Zen ebikes are also Canadian, but more expensive.
>>
File: 1702006931024852.png (72 KB, 310x324)
72 KB
72 KB PNG
>>1975554
True or false? Batteries don't last as long with fat tires? Been thinking of getting fat tires because the roads here and literal shitholes. But if they truly do eat up battery then I'll just have to continue riding carefully.
>>
>>1984252
The literal cognitive state of the e-motorists. One can only watch in awe. Of course fat tires will sap power and thus the same battery, at the same speed, won't last as long. For reasons like conservation of energy in classical physics.
>>
File: 4220468.jpg (77 KB, 697x789)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>1984283
Th-thanks.
>>
I have a 5k emtb. It's the best way to travel my large city when I don't want to take the car. It could do downhill runs but I don't even take it off road. Derestricted to 30mph and I just use it to pull phat wheelies, jump stairs and slay hills.
>>
>>1984350
Also you look like an asshole.
>>
>>1984252
Fat tires might make the motor work harder and in term, make the battery go through more cycles. So yes *technically* it can but realistically no.
>>1984102
Dunno where you live but a motorcycl requires me to take a class, personal property tax, get specialized insurance, more costly yearly inspections, and literally NOPE out of winter times for utility.
A fat tire e-bike I can basically charge at work for free, use in snow and ice without killing myself and have pedal assist in windy times. I pay nothing for owning it.

I will never understand the complete hate this board has with e-bikes
>>
>>1984377
>I will never understand the complete hate this board has with e-bikes

poorfag luddites.
it took like fifteen years for the crazies here to stop getting angry at disc brakes.
>>
>>1984392
>e-bike for price of used car or motorcycle
>being a sucker
>"poorfag"
More like smartfag.
>>
>>1984394
normal bicycles cost the price of a used car or motorcycle. the only reason not to have an ebike or three in your garage is that you're not a real cyclist.
>>
>>1984377
So you're literally argueing that you are doing the exact same thing, that otherwise requires license, insurance and taxation but without those. Are you perhaps in favour of abolishing the usual requirements for the operation of motorvehicles ? I am asking as in order to be consistent that would have to be your case.
In short: What you're observing is definately not limited to 'this board'. Also no one is any more opposed to your electric motorcycle than any other similar motorvehicle. People are opposed to you giving cyclists a bad name while larping as one only so you can evade the requirement for a license, insurance and taxation while at the same time abusing bicycle infrastructure.
>>
File: IMG_1405.png (174 KB, 496x550)
174 KB
174 KB PNG
>>1975554
whatsa good e-bike for $900 or less?
>>
>>1984397
>I am asking as in order to be consistent that would have to be your case.
the world is a system of inconsistent and unfair rules, and living in it involves taking advantage of this.

>oh so you want to eat well tonight, that must mean everyone should eat well tonight, and so you should donate all your money to charity to help that happen or else you are a hypocrite ?
childish logic.
>>
>>1984395
>"normal bicycles"
Sucker shit. They got them for 60$ at the thrift shop. I have 11 bikes. 2 found, one gifted, other disposable 100$, 2 cheapest ebikes for 200$. Keep swatting at this night demons though, grandpa.
>>
>>1984395
Its actually the other way round. And you know that. Having an electric motorcycle does not make you a cyclists but a motorist.
Depending on where you're coming from, you could argue that such label needs either exclusivity or is based on the fact alone. So a motorist, let's say the user of an e-bike, who happens to also use bicycles, may be regarded a cyclist and a motorist.
Either way, in isolation use of a motorvehicle, like the electric motorcycle, makes the user fit the motorist label.
>>
>>1984435
>"Nobody" is the hoarder freak with the junkyard full of stolen bike parts and exploding electronics
>look through archives
>he's also the same guy screaming about minorities all the time
it's all coming together now
>>
>>1984167
Thanks!
If I had to pick one from each site I'd go with (ordered by preference):
Voltbike Bravo - $1,900
https://voltbike.com/products/bravo

Biktrix Skycap 2 - $2,300
https://www.biktrix.ca/products/skycap-2?variant=41211064221893

Zen Saral - $2,900
https://zenebikes.ca/products/saral
>>
>>1984404
tongsheng mid drive 48v. Just toss it on a bike frame..something with disc brakes and a decent front fork. 48v batteries are 200 or less these days.
>>
File: 1438386720029.gif (155 KB, 248x319)
155 KB
155 KB GIF
>>1984397
>So you're literally argueing that you are doing the exact same thing, that otherwise requires license, insurance and taxation but without those.
Yes? In europe I could by a moped or electric box car without a license. So what?
>Are you perhaps in favour of abolishing the usual requirements for the operation of motorvehicles
No just that the laws in the US are kinda fucked to make DUI convicts unable to drive. Drinking and driving is a fucking retarded level of shit, but also is requiring a full motorcycle license for a moped that can only top out around 20mph or 50cc.
> I am asking as in order to be consistent that would have to be your case
no you're just projecting now but w/e
>People are opposed to you giving cyclists a bad name while larping as one only so you can evade the requirement for a license, insurance and taxation while at the same time abusing bicycle infrastructure.
I don't identify as a cyclist, nor do I care about areo, or do I give a shit about that. I have a bike to get me around town that's it, again I don't know why this seems to be blasphemy on this board that some people use bikes for utility over anything else.
>>
>>1984395
I think anon pointed it out pretty well >>1976416
Other than fucking albania where can you get a car for 350 USD
>>
>>1984546
No one, at any time, ever implied, let alone said, anything about using bicycles or bikes in general for anything other than utility purposes. Same goes for aero and other shit. You're making that up and it's in your head only.
No one, so far, has voiced any opposition to using bikes in general, bicycles or motorbikes, electric or fossil fuelled, for utility purposes.
The only opposition you're vaguely picking up on and then misattributing is criticism of people using motorvehicles outside the cager inclusion zone, people making use of and demanding legal loopholes enabling the opreration of motorvehicles outside of the envelope commonly accepted as sensible (license, insurance, tax, cager inclusion zone), people claiming using a motorcycle makes them a cyclist and especially you retards bringing your >>>/o/ shit here. Make motorcycle threads on >>>/o/ as much as you like. Bye.
>>
>>1984471
An ebike is not a motorcycle
>>
>>1984476
Not all the time....I am surrounded by them though...
>>
>>1984559
Define a motorcycle then.
Does it happen to be a single track, two wheeled vehicle using a motor governed by the rider for it's propulsion ?
Ebikes happen to be single track, have two wheels and are motor driven. The trick you're trying to pull off here is removing the most commonly associated meas of determining speed: twist throttle and replacing it with revolving pedals as throttle to mimic bicycles.
It IS a bike and it HAS motor as such it IS a motor-bike. What about that is impossible to understand for e-fags ? Bike + Motor = Motorbike.
>>
>>1984612
A motorcycle is operated exclusively by the motor. There are no pedals. An ebike can be operated like a standard bicycle (via the pedals) without activating the motor
>>
>>1984618
It's a motorcycle, this is cope for people who don't have class M on their license but they also cry
>"Y-you can't r-regulate my e-bike, it has p-pedals! It's a b-bicycle!"
Then zips away at 50mph twist grip
>>
>>1984619
Don't know what you're going on about. My ebike is capped at 20mph which I think is plenty, and I don't like the overclocked ebikes you're referring to. I think we'd be better off without them. Being fast and probably illegal doesn't make them not ebikes, though
>>
>>1984619
Go to /o/ and post a typical ebike in /DBG/ and tell them that's your motorcycle, faggot. I want to see the reactions.
>>
My motorbike lives in my office!
>>
does anyone have a recommendation for a cheap 500W or less conversion kit for a North American?
I'd like to convert my current shitbeater to electric assist to try it out before I commit a bunch of money for a 'proper' ebike
>>
>>1984667
$500 won't buy you a battery and anyway a cheap kit will just destroy itself, the bike you bolt it onto, and probably burn down your house. If you want to try before you buy, find something to rent.
>>
>>1984667
eBikeling.com
>>
>>1984638
>go to bank
>bring 40mph fat tyre inside
>no-one cares
>try to bring 50cc moped in bank
>cops called
why are people liek this?
>>
>>1984722
Some old nigger wouldn't let me bring my pedal bike into walmart, even though I forgot the lock once....which I could have bought in walmart...
>>
>>1984722
Apoo didn't let me take my regular bicycle inside Dunkin and I got so mad about it
>>
>>1984722
Because the gas pan/oil pan+exhaust made can be considered a huge no no for many places. My apartment has a rule where gas powered devices such as mopeds have to stay outside, great way to be robbed from by anyone with a chain cutter in virtually any US city. Electric bike under X wattage is fine though.

99% sure it has to do with how gas and oil is classified via insurance. Batteries might get the axe at some point depending how fires go.

>>1984619
My e-bike might get up to 30-35 if I have a strong wind to my back in PAS mode, most everyone I know with an e-bike is only looking to go 20ish mph. They are perfect for lots of people who don't need to be in the office 5 days a week and don't live that far. I don't think anyone above the age of 18 thinks it's a motorcycle replacement. It's just a different option
>>
I have two Jetson bolt pros. How do I mate them with reversibility? Im thinking a little car by a bridging seat. I was gonna do front motor, but there seems to no way to have a single throttle cause of the hall effect switch. Powered training wheels or reverse trike for a full size pedal would be good too.
>>
bump
>>
>>1986978
Sage is not a downvote. Begone redditeur
>>
>>1976254
>an ebike wont help in the wind,
This board is fucking hopeless
>>
File: 1710006738286.jpg (3.46 MB, 4096x3072)
3.46 MB
3.46 MB JPG
Feels good to leave the car at home. To be fair, my commute isn't long at 35km to and from work but for fucks sake, it's like every other day there are massive headwinds going on. I just use Eco most of the time to not get lazy but turn that shit to max to dab on fucking headwind.

The only downside is weight. My old trusty MTB feels like a feather and is comparatively nimble af even with 29 inch tyres.
>>
>>1988956
have you considered having the correct seat height?
>>
File: file.png (807 KB, 576x1280)
807 KB
807 KB PNG
can scooters join. there is no PEV thread
>>
>Faggots at aventon offering a free battery with purchase after i bought the bike at the end of last year
I really want a new battery (aventure 2)... are aftermarket batteries a thing?
>>
>>1989062

scooters are clearly /o/ since you only have a throttle, no pedal assist :3
>>
>>1975554
Just dropping in to call you gay
>>
Help me, /debt/, you're my only cope. I've got a new 3 mile commute, that includes multiple 20% grade hillclimbs. My priority current crushes it, but it's a pain to manhandle onto the vertical bike racks in my office. Is there any <40lb, belt drive, torque sensing ebike with gears? I don't need a big battery, and could pay up to $4k ish.

I know I could compromise on some of these things, but then I might as well just keep hucking my current around, which meets everything but the weight. The Luna Fixie Stealth is also permanently sold out of my XL size.
>>
>>1989647
>40lbs
I dont have too much knowledge on what is out there, but Aventon just came out with a "light" mountain bike model that is 54lbs
>>
I work with e-bikes and they are great. The no exercise/no effort shit is a myth.
However they are completely dogshit for maintenance and they are not easily DIY repairable. They are also pointless to buy if you live somewhere with regular rain because of water ingress. They are "waterproof" but a harsh rain season or two will almost guarantee issues down the line. That's before even mentioning battery life and general wear and tear on electrical components.
>>
>>1976089
I've biked in rain and snow and never had battery issues
>>
>>1980667
Yeah u retards prob thinks a kids razor electric scooter needs license and insurance too right?
>>
>>1984404
Best Buy sells some cheap ones that seem decent and u can pick them up so it doesn't get shipped and end up broken
>>
>>1984622
same 20mph is fine meanwhile roadfags spend just as much for their shitty gear and blow through intersections all the time to conserve speed
>>
File: IMG_0834.jpg (3.45 MB, 4032x3024)
3.45 MB
3.45 MB JPG
>>
>>1992380
This is why I prefer conversion kits because of the easy DIY. Some pre-made ebikes are just awful to work on
>>
is fiido a good brand and specifically the fiido t1. to use for city travel and maybe carrying women back to my place from work

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.