[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: southwest.jpg (58 KB, 807x960)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
Many politics of southwest airlines edition

previous: >>1972682
>>
driving to the airport is literally more dangerous than taking off from it and flying to another one but watching disaster videos always makes me regret getting into it and think i'm next
>>
the "gays, grannies, and grande's" ATC audio always makes me kek
>>
>if you don't let me engage in my superspreader fetish I will shoot you
who would have guessed the pilots are as trashy as the customers
>>
>>1982307
>2020+4
>being afraid of the c00f
lmaoing at your life
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (70 KB, 499x512)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>1982311
>*waves gun around at starbucks while raving about schizo shit*
>everyone scatters
>ha ha stupid libtards are afraid of inanimate objects
so you're an inanimate object?
>>
WN pilots are pretty based, but it doesn't change the fact WN is a shit-tier LCC in an all-scum class configuration on every plane
>>
>>1982314
go whine about nimbys and bicycle-friendly urban planning while the adults are talking
>>
>>1982333
"b-b-best paid 73 drivers on earth, heh"
>>
>>1982346
but I am a nimby, why would I whine about myself
>>
>>1982333
isn't it one of the hardest ones to get into for a pilot
>>
>going to school for Aviation maintenance
>Associate’s degree in 20 months
>always wanted to be a pilot
>realize a local passenger carrier hires pilots straight out of their other departments
>they start at a pitiful amount to work as an A&P, but I’d still be living with my family so no rent/mortgage
I understand that being an A&P these days is a fucking nightmare, but if it ends with me flying Embraer E-jets between Chicago and Columbus for 4-8 years while I get the flight hours and experience for a legacy carrier, I don’t see why I shouldn’t give it a shot aside from the fact that General Electric is offering me 36 an hour to build LEAPs and Passports.
I finally have a goal for the first time in my life.
>>
if I go to a contracted regional carrier right now. What are the odds i'll be stuck as a regional lifer with all the shifting happening within the industry right now (Spirit, Jetblue, Frontier)?

Should I just go Endeavor or one of the 3 AA companies for a guarenteed path to not be a lifer?
>>
Well, it finally happened to me. I forgot to switch to ground and asked for taxi instructions on the tower frequency. Hopefully the other pilots on frequency could laugh about it.
>>
File: IMG_1118.jpg (737 KB, 2100x1575)
737 KB
737 KB JPG
>>1982466
You weren’t the first any you certainly won’t be the last. It’s also not the only time you’ll sound dumb on the radio. Sounding and looking dumb is just part of the fun
>>
>>1982546
>VNAV button missing
Ouch
>>
>>1982571
Uh oh, you gotta think a little
>>
>>1982654
>he can't do LPV approaches
>>
File: IMG_3793.jpg (48 KB, 456x338)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>1982658
>>
>>1982466
no one cares, swayne
>>
>>1982466
Everyone has done it.
>>
I hate flying with senior FOs
>>
File: IMG_20240228_231543971.jpg (1.58 MB, 4096x1842)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB JPG
I wish my phone took better night shots it was cool to see the traffic last night but fuck the wind was bad earlier
>>
File: IMG_20240228_230927021.jpg (1.75 MB, 4096x1842)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB JPG
>>1982743
>>
File: IMG_20240228_230846757.jpg (1.45 MB, 4096x1842)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB JPG
>>1982744
Seriously wish my phone wasn't so fucking ass at taking night shots this is what I get for having a Android (Moto Thinkphone)
>>
>>1982739
i hate flying with Direct Entry Captains
>>
So I got a conditional job offer from Skywest. What now?
>>
>>1982796
Do the CRJ route and join the cool kids
>>
Lynx air closed down in Canada. Kinda sad cause we're already thin on competition.
Also would have been funny to fly for furry airline
>>
>>1982817
That was the plan. Especially since it seems I can get a much earlier class date since everyone wants the ERJ.
>>
>>1982863
Good man. Just remember, Amy Likes It Rough.
>>
>>1982466
utter carelessness. you should have your license revoked, or at least suspended.
>>
>>1982865
>>1982817
Imagine flying old beat up 200s and 700s. When you could actually be flying NextGen and Atmosphere 900s
>>
Any Americans in here have experience flying overseas? I saw a job listing flying 208s in Indo, I’m considering applying and getting out of my bullshit pipeline job. I’m at about 1000 hours, and I’m signed on to a cadet program that says they’ll get me a class date once I hit 1200 hours (hopefully meaning I’ll be type rated by the end of 2024). I just want out of the desert, plus I wanna surf
>>
>>1982884
And live on the e*st coast? Absolutely never. Defer my APU if you must, move some pax to the back, take my second FMS, just don’t make me go east!
>>
>>1982300
Is it worthwhile to become a pilot nowadays?
>>
>>1982984
Depends on what it’s worth to you.
>>
>>1982760
Yeah, thats gotta be rough. Guys only been there a year at most and he's already making twice as much as you kek
>>
I just found out I still have standby benefits with United (got accepted into Aviate a year ago and haven’t responded to a single one of their emails). I requested a week off, later this month, where should I go?
>>
>>1982984
flying 2.2 hours every weekend is probably the highlight of my week so yeah
>>
>>1983038
Tokyo. Go get stuck with oversold flights and 10000 non revs as everyone flocks to see the cherry blossoms
>>
I know someone who wants to be a pilot but hates dealing with people, so I said that you have less of that doing cargo, probably an independent carrier. How much do you think the Caribbean freight runners make?

And yes, I mean the kind that fly the ratty old Shorts, DC-3s, Convairs and Beech 18s. Probably would do Conquest Air.
>>
>>1982984
be prepared to compete with millions of students who fell for the pilot shortage meme
>>
I am just going to say, I'm glad i went to a regional that has a flow. I would feel concerned right now if I didn't have the flow. I've been talking with legacy recruiters and they are telling me recruiting is going to only start tightening up. So its only going to get more challenging from here.
>>
>>1982300
spiritbros..
https://www.oann.com/newsroom/jetblue-spirit-agree-to-terminate-3-8b-merger-over-regulatory-issues/
>>
>>1983376
excellent news
>>
>>1983376
I got an offer from Spirit you think that shit is still gonna be a year + for a class date?
>>
File: IMG_4236.jpg (1.83 MB, 3264x2448)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB JPG
I'm happy I'm flying a jet in the airlines but man I miss flying with all my buddies instructing. I did not anticipate how difficult it would be to make friends starting out in the airlines.
>>
>>1982300
been reading some forums and some are saying that allegiant's next contract in a couple years may see a pay increase to bring it to a level similar to that of alaska's
>>
>>1983376
Good, bananaplane will remain
>>
>>1983459
fuck that. I don't miss GA flying at all.
>>
With legacy airline hiring slowing down, are you all ok if you get stuck at your regional or LCC for the next few years?
>>
>>1984280
Sure, I just want my schedule to improve. Gotta enjoy where you’re at.
>>1984278
Oh come on, you had 0 fun days flying general aviation planes? Or did your fellow coworkers bitch and moan so hard it ruined the fun for everyone
>>
>>1983266
Man even my instructors bullshitted me with that.
>>
>>1984278
>noo I hate flying where I want and when I want, I need my company overlords to make those decisions for me!
>>
>>1983459
Ga planes are so much fun, but the FAA and aviation community as a whole need to do more to make such things affordable to pilots that aren't full time mid seniority at a major.
LSAs and 103 are a step in the right direction, but most people that fly those are corner cutting psychopaths.
>>
>>1984280
LCC is career destination for me imo
>>
Got a CRJ class date with Skywest fellas. Wish me luck.
>>
>>1984772
you gonna move into whatever base they give you? i think it's best to rent a cheap apartment in/near whatever domicile you get because commuting at a regional sucks donkey dick
>>
>>1984585
I know those feels
>>
>>1984772
You in their cadet program?
>>
>>1984773
I currently live near ORD so I'm hoping to get based here within a few months. If anything I might either get a cheap apartment or look into extended stay rates at a hotel for the few months I'd have to be based elsewhere. ORD is a junior base I hear so it should only be a few months.
>>1984777
Nope just applied at the end of January when they opened their FO applications again. Got lucky with the timing.
>>
File: IMG_0818.jpg (1.71 MB, 2955x3951)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB JPG
>>1984779
Welcome to the OO RJ club. A couple in my class got ORD but took a couple months to get in. You will probably get assigned FAT or SLC in training but remember that you can put in a standing bid during training and potentially get the domicile you want after IOE. Also, enjoy the Sonesta haha
>>
>>1984895
Is Skywest good if hiring out to other airlines starts to stagnate? It looks like hiring requirements at the majors are increasing again
>>
>>1984896
Schedules and time off aren’t great (it’s a regional..) but the company culture, pay, and people are good here. There are a fair few lifers here, and some of the older chill captains are awesome to fly with. It’s not just that the major or LC requirements have increased, it’s that hiring has slowed/stopped entirely. I think we are transitioning away from a chooser’s market. It’s cyclical and movement will return, but if you can get your foot in the door I would do so sooner than later.
>>
>>1984897
as long as hiring opens up again around the end of this or beginning of next decade i'm fine. sat on a ppl and saving to get the other ratings rn
>>
>>1984895
Thanks for the advice I'll definitely put in a standing bid for ORD. When I did my interview in February my interviewer said the most junior ORD FOs were hired in September 2023 so that timeline after IOE sounds about right.
>>1984897
That's one of the main reasons I wanted Skywest the most was the good things I've hears about how they treat their employees. The pay is pretty solid, too. Really like the profit sharing thing. Especially considering the dogshit pay I'm getting right now as a CFI kek.
>>
Pipeline survey job: seed it or feed it?
>>
>>1985037
sneed it
>>
>>1982307
>Noooo covod was the worst thing that has ever happened we were all gonna die.

Turns out it was just the fat and diabetics.
We SHOULD have let it rampage around the world.
>>
If you have no Jet time than you really need to shut the fuck up PPL ass niggas with yo SEP gtfo here
>>
>>1985175
I WILL mess up my flight following calls on my Sunday flight. I WILL be cleared for take off while you are holding short in an A320. I WILL be vectored in front of you on final, requiring you to side-step to the adjacent. You WILL be mad about it on 4chan.
>>
>>1985175
Brother you're posting in a general aviation thread, not a jet-time-only thread. /gag/ used to be about discussing flying and planes and stuff which was a lot of fun, I miss that.
>>
>>1985211
>/gag/ used to be about discussing flying and planes and stuff which was a lot of fun, I miss that.
faggots ruin everything
>>
>>1984897
>schedules and time off aren't great (it's a regional)
my schedule is so good at my regional that even legacy schedules can't beat it. I am nearly guaranteed to get exactly what I want, and I'm not that senior either.

thank god for not having PBS
>>
>>1984956
you really should have considered a wholly owned regional, like Endeavor or Envoy/PSA
>>
>>1985224
which regional
>>
trying to save for flight training but my piece of shit lemon toyota keep springing leaks and i just spent 1300 on the timing belt water pump i'm not gonna make it bros
>>
>>1985402
Fixing leaks is only required when it allows them to mix. My old subaru would leak a lot of oil but I never fixed it since it only dripped on the ground and burnt a little. It never made a milkshake. Just add oil every time I gassed up.
>>
File: 1187533.jpg (1.21 MB, 1920x1219)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
>The flight plan I just filed with the agency lists waypoints SITET, ETRAT, but only one of DVL! First air traffic control network to talk gets to stay on my plane!
>>
File: file.png (907 KB, 1024x517)
907 KB
907 KB PNG
You guys are millionaires or what? any 2 seater experimental cost the same as a mercedes, not to mention the fuel, the licence, the real state for the runway, the repairs, etc. Or did you take a loan to buy one? I think I'm pretty young to get one (26yo) and I think my career is promising so I'll eventually get one but damn, I expected them to be cheaper. I guess I have to work even harder to get my dream funny little plane
>>
>>1985645
Man I don’t own a plane, I fly other people’s planes. I don’t think I’d ever own a plane.
>>
>>1985645
On some level you're right that general aviation is much more expensive now than it ever was in the past. But you know you don't need to own a plane to fly one, right? Much less real estate to build your own runway lmao.
>>
>>1985645
>cost the same as a mercedes
>I'm 26
you sound 15, maybe it's good you don't own an aeroplane
2nd hand mercedes cost 1,300 - 500,000 here so "cost the same as a mercedes" doesn't mean anything
you can have an OKish 2 seater airplane from around 20,000 upwards here, and they are even cheaper in the US https://www.planecheck.com?ent=da&id=57079
>>
File: over sea flying God .jpg (2.11 MB, 4000x1848)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB JPG
>>1982895
I'm an expert in over sea flying. it can be enjoyable and is absolutely worth it, but it gets a little boring burning circles in the sky sometimes
>>
>>1985645
I just rent lol. If I wanted to own my own plane I would live in a flying community with a runway now have my own. But most likely I'll just join a fractional ownership unless I plan to fly nearly every weekend.
>>
>>1985732
chopper drivers should just die
>>
>>1985753
>>
>>1985687
Come on buddy, dont post like a faggot redditor, I posted the aircraft and you know damn well what I meant.
>>1985654
>>1985747
yeah, that seems to be the solution. I just watched a video of an old guy telling how he just went to one of his friends BBQ in his small experimental airplane and he came back the same day. He had a corn field a the "runway" was just a patch of grass. That looked like the best thing ever for me.
>>
>>1982300
Embry Riddle crashed at my local airport on Saturday. They best part about it is, [spoiler]they fucking groundlooped a Cessna 172[/spoiler].
>>
>>1985943
Which airport?
>>
>>1985943
Embry FL or AZ?
>>
Anyone here use a Stratux for ADS-B In? After updating to the most recent update, which has been out for more than half a year, I've found my stratux now doesn't always get a GPS fix. I can use my phones GPS on my app and gett the ADS-B and weather info still from the stratux. It was just nice when everything on it worked.
>>
>>1986049
Can't you downgrade? I've never used Stratux but it's just a Raspberry Pi, right?
I actually considered trying it as I have a spare Pi lying around, but it looks like the project is abandoned, so I just got a Sentry.
>>
>>1986052
I am about to install the previous firmware on an my backup card to see if it runs perfectly fine on that card vs the one on the latest.. The previous firmware version it seems to just work without issue.
>>
>>1985986
FL
>>1985974
KMLB Check the FAAs ASIAS for the report.
>>
>>1985943
How is it even physically possible to ground loop a tricycle?
That's a legendary level of incompetence
>>
>>1986064
Stomping on the brakes too hard can cause some aircraft to do that, but yes, it is a legendarily retarded move.
>>
>>1985943
How the fuck? Are 141s just that generally incompetent?
>>
How much do you guys cheat on you wives?
>>
>>1986063
>>1986069
DAB gives ERAU a bad name, they bend metal (or composite) at a comparatively concerning rate.
>>
>>1985943
saw a skymates tail drag a 172 the other day, flared high, and somehow managed to keep the nose up while dragging
swear i saw the tail bent as they took off.
>>
>>1985175
you'll never own a plane
>>
I started an aviation academy a couple weeks ago and I'm surprised at how many retards probably have a CPL's. Including me.
>>
>>1986326
I hate to say but there’s a lot of on-the-job learning, and most are trained to the “good enough” level to be safe in the air. Not ideal
>>
>>1982333
it took a nosedive once herb died
>>
>>1986326
truth be told there needs to be more training for this job. Your commercial should include some more 500nm xcs especially in self examining 141s. The sheer fucking number of people that just seat of their pants their way through flight school is infuriating. In my experience, and anecdotally from my colleagues, you absolutely need a job under 500hrs that gives you pic priveleges. Not instructing, true pic. that 500hr mark is where most pilots have it "click". I dont know how to explain it other than getting out of the flight training world helps the brain develop stronger insights.
>>
>>1986359
I think instructing is fine, but it should be more than a 1-year job. When I went through training many of the instructors were there for 3+ years, and the difference between a 1 year and 3 year instructor is vast. When you start being the instructor that other instructors go to for advice, and now you have to teach other instructors instead of high schoolers, that makes a difference in your own professional development.
>>
>>1986359
As someone who has been there and done that, if you're teaching at a fairly sizeable school with quality maintenance, it's not really worth it to give that up. When you get into the small 91, 91K, or any Part 135 operation, quality of management and maintenance can ultimately be not only a liability for you, but also it could injure or kill you. The truth is, is that bare minimums for ATP hours with 25 hours dual received in a AMEL is enough to get a regional job. Unless you want to work in an obscure niche of GA like ag or firefighting, teaching to 1500 hours is just fine.

Also consider, that all your PIC for freight under part 135 by definition, does not count toward a future Part 121 upgrade. At least if you go to JSX, your PIC time there would count for Part 121 upgrade in the future. Think ahead before you hit Ameriflight, Kalitta Charters I, etc.
>>
>>1986380
airlines being the pinnacle of our field is a detriment to the continued survival of aviation as a career.
>>
>>1986389
Keep saying that, and tell me how you like taking it up the ass your entire career. Meanwhile, my pos union gets me a raise (read: adjustment for inflation) every 5-10 years and I have a reliable source of income, with reliable aircraft and route structures. AQP means I don't even do an oral exam every year, I show up and pass a line oriented sim ride. I don't get pushed around by managers or maintenance. I don't get hassled over sick calls.

If you're anywhere else, none of this will happen to you. Unless you're at a 91 corporate job working for Coke or Walmart, you're one recession away from being out of your ass applying to be a supervisor at a Valvoline to make ends meet. If you're not working for one of the Big 3 airlines, I don't want to hear shit from you about what is, and what isn't the promised land. I've seen the scum of the Earth in aviation, meanwhile you're bitching about how hard being a CFI is. Let your balls drop before replying next time kid.
>>
>>1986452
union jargon, the constant bailouts and continued failure from your owners will leave you among the masses
>>
Fun game to play in any aviation forum is say something slight against the "big 3" and watch the flood of projection thrust upon ye
>>
File: 1602330257695.gif (228 KB, 278x288)
228 KB
228 KB GIF
>>1986452
"Reliable aircraft"
>>
>>1986389
What do you mean by “pinnacle of our field”? The end goal or top of the mountain is whatever you want it to be. Some people hate the airlines, which I can totally understand. It isn’t all about the financial return for everyone.
>>
>>1986454
Better yet, say that Commie-rcial air travel is onions or something like that. Get everyone mad.
>>
>>1986455
A 737 is ten times as reliable in the 4-7 leg a day airline game than a CRJ-700 that was designed as a luxury private jet. Now try flying Part 135 in a 60 year old King Air. You have no jet time.
>>
File: 20240309_164050.jpg (1.43 MB, 4000x3000)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB JPG
:)
>>
>>1986780
nice photo m8
>>
does allegiant even exist? i've never seen one of their planes in the sky, ever. they do go to my airport, but i never see them, i'll even check flightradar, don't see any of their planes around. i think allegiant is fake
>>
Is there any Live ATC listen general? I'd like to listen and shitpost with my online friends
>>
>>1986849
that reminded me of that fat fuck that manage to create a fake airline using toys in the company advertisements scamming millions lmao
>>
>>1986849
aren't they based in the southeast with like three routes
>>
>>1986064
If you have a strong crosswind and the idiot puts in wrong crosswind correction you can ground loop a tricycle gear airplane if you come in fast.
>>
If a temporary license is issued at 8:00am but the flight did not start until 9:00am, is that suspicious? A few students noticed that their temporary licenses were printed and signed by the exam instructor before the flights began but after their oral was over. I have to use this exam instructor for my check ride and want to know if I should use the one that has a reputation for being harder instead.
>>
>>1988031
what the fuck are you talking about, no one cares about some stupid shit like this
>>
>>1988031
Nobody checking your temp will look at anything other than the issuance date to make sure it’s still valid.
>>
>>1988031
Never heard of an examiner doing that but it doesn't matter. You'll get your actual cert in a few months anyways so after that there will be no evidence.
>>
>>1982300
anyone here getting their ATPL??
>>
>>1988402
Already done it
>>
>>1988406
based, what are you doing now? I'm halfway done with the exams.
>>
>>1985645
>are you a millionaire
No
>is your dad
Yes
Truth is, game was rigged from the start. Good luck getting your own plane, anon. My life is rough is some ways at the moment, but it’s nice to always have a Cherokee waiting for me.
>>
>>1988412
Flying the RJ. Living/laughing/loving
>>
>>1988031
shut the fuck up
>>
File: crjerj.png (793 KB, 1649x385)
793 KB
793 KB PNG
>>
I've got mild tinnitus and just starting out with my PPL schooling, which of the following headsets would be the best to get to ensure my hearing doesn't get worse?
>Bose A20
>Lightspeed Delta Zulu
>DC One-X
>>
>>1988864
I didn’t like the one-X, it hurt my ears after a while. Some say they are great but I didn’t like them. Also they worked well enough in the jet but I wouldn’t use them in GA prop flying. A20s I can’t speak highly enough of. Lightspeeds are ugly but I hear work well, no personal experience.
>>1988836
Verily
>>
Typed on the a320. I have jet time!!!
>>
>>1988909
Congrats, have fun in the flight levels
>>
>>1988878
Any opinion on the A30s? From what I've read online, there's only a marginal difference when compared to the A20s, though support for the A20s by Bose might be dropped over time.
>>
With all the hiring slowdowns at the majors and LCCs. for those at the regionals, anticipate being where you are for the next 2-3 years. Once hiring resumes in 2025 at the majors, the competition will be greater, and the pool of captains will be larger.
>>
File: IMG_1271.jpg (286 KB, 2104x1573)
286 KB
286 KB JPG
>>1988922
I have no experience with A30s, but the Bose A20s are awesome. I did not baby mind, but after a few years I replaced the ear cups, mic foam and headband, and the cord frayed at the top (abuse on my end) and it was straightforward to replace. Quality of noise reduction is great. If you get a lightly used A20 for a reasonable price I’d say jump on it.
>>
>>1988836
CRJ chads rise up
>>
>>1988978
>analog attitude indicator
XD
>>
>>1988942
late 2020's/early 30's might see another big series of openings i think so it's not horrid
>>
File: IMG_8423.jpg (8 KB, 225x225)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>1989019
And it only took us 4 attempts to fire up the APU on the approach last night
>>
>>1988942
What does that mean for 800hr CFIs? I'll hit 1500 by end of this year.
>>
>>1989024
>APU on approach
Imagine flying the 200 instead of a 4 year old 900
>>
>>1988978
Did you ever have to send it back for warranty issues?
I'm leaning towards the Bose A20s because the noise reduction is what's really important for me, some slight discomfort with clamps or less features is manageable, but issues that require it to be constantly sent back for servicing can be a turnoff.
>>
>>1989065
enjoy teaching for three more years
>>
File: IMG_1270.jpg (3.01 MB, 3834x2876)
3.01 MB
3.01 MB JPG
>>1989067
I also fly the 7, but mainly do 200 ops. The 200 is a quirky jet in a lot of ways, but it handles very nice and I like that we connect up these small airports with the bigger hubs. It is underpowered but you really only feel it in the mid 20s. It still zips along. As a bonus, the 200 APU’s exhaust serves as a great heater when it’s cold out.
>>1989071
I never sent it back under warranty, but I hear it sometimes takes a bit. By the time something broke on mine the warranty expired and I just replaced it myself. I actually “repaired” the cord with electrical tape twice and flew it like that almost daily for a good year and a half without issue, but decided to be proactive and replace it.
>>
>>1989077
Alright thanks for the info anon, I'll visit some shops and test out the Bose and Lightspeeds in person.
Last question about the A20s, were most of your replacements/repairs due to use and age, and not due to cheap build quality?
>>
>>1988978
deferred pack lol fuck the RJ. Never again.
>>
>>1989077
Too bad you don’t have 900s. They are comfy and climb extremely well
>>
>>1989093
Build quality is great. The stuff I replaced was all due to normal wear or neglect on my end. Don’t think too much on the price; how much is your hearing worth?
>>1989103
Our company does have 900s but not where I’m out of. The 700 is a great plane, all the headaches and issues with the 200 sorted out.
>>
what's it like being a regional lifer
>>
File: IMG_9805.jpg (2.73 MB, 2412x3472)
2.73 MB
2.73 MB JPG
>>1989156
You wound me. You could also contribute something to the thread, it doesn’t have to be airline or jet related.
>>
>>1989177
honestly it was a real question
>>
>>1989177
Porko? Great movie.
>>
>>1989179
You realize the average user demographic is like <35 years old, even the outliers wouldn’t be 15+ year regional captains. /n/ I imagine has a slightly older average age than other boards but still.

To actually answer your question, from those that I’ve talked to, the golden handcuffs are real. Somewhere around $290/hr base pay, and only touch open time that reaches 300%. One I talked to had a goal of 15/85: 15 days on and 85 credit hours. Others prefer a complete split duty schedule to maximize time at home, and those with high enough seniority only work certain days a week and participate in small group chats of other senior captains to trade and drop to make their personal plans work. It really depends on the individual.
>>
File: IMG_8650.jpg (860 KB, 1278x2160)
860 KB
860 KB JPG
>>1989191
Loved it. Miyazaki really captures the magic of flight in his films.
>>
age 20s anon at big 3 here, 15/85 is cool, but desu the only thing that matters is having off Sunday for the Lord (if makes my wife happy). pay does not matter, what really matters is sitting around at home idly and relaxing. what matters is your union take care of you, that you don't have to work your ass off. trading doesn't matter, what matters is not commuting into work but driving in.

truthfully, the difference between a new big 3 FO and a senior regional captain is luck. everything else is autism.
>>
>>1989156
That’s why you go somewhere that has a flow
>>
>>1989139
Are your 700s NextGen?
>>
>>1989177
>>1989195
Love Porco Rosso, fantastic film.
>>1989198
This is the like I want to aim for when I get in. Wonder how long it'll take after IOE to get half a month off with 75+ hours.
>>
>>1989220
I think a few, but not the majority.
>>
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4Qyx4-qie1/?igsh=M3p0cGY1amd4OHU2

What's the deal with "avgeeks"?
>>
>>1989267
The NextGen are so much better, on both the flight deck and in the pax cabin
>>
>>1989076
I have other options but going to a regional at 1500 would be nice.
>>
>>1989305
What’s the difference? I read that fuel economy is better and I guess the cabin is a bit nicer but how is it noticeable from the front?
>>
>>1989327
VNAV and LPV
>>
>>1989400
A man can dream. I just want LPV capability, VNAV isn’t a dealbreaker to me
>>
>>1989296
Embarrassing behavior from someone who will never be a pilot
>>
File: IMG_1136.jpg (28 KB, 480x264)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>1989296
>>
>>1989412
>VNAV isn’t a deal dealer
>i want LPV
The VNAV button is required to shoot an LPV approach with the autopilot
>>
>>1989423
Not saying you’re wrong, but why? LPV requires WAAS but not baro-VNAV.
>>
>>1989436
Unless you plan to handfly the entire approach, you gotta have a VNAV button. To do the approach with the autopilot, you have to arm both APPR and VNAV, otherwise you’ll never capture the glide path down
>>
>>1989445
This is why the open/closed paradigm Airbus has is so nice. You can open loop climb or descend (no feedback to the controller), or you can closed loop climb or descend according to the vertical profile (feedback to the controller).
>>
>>1989296
Every "geek" that posts shit like that on Instagram/TikTok/whatever is pathetic and cringy like that guy I swear.
>>
>>1989445
Interesting. In the G1000 it had a separate glide path mode (GP) which was armed when the APR key was selected, which served to enable vertical navigation function for both ILS and LPV approaches. This was independent of the VNV key for programmed descent paths, which I assumed would be analogous to the VNAV key. In any case, the system capability for LPV approaches doesn’t necessarily have to be slaved to VNAV, it depends on how the system is programmed.
>>
I dislike g1000s in L1Ps and dont agree that they translate well to the work flow of most jet interiors.
>>
>>1989484
Why not?
>>
>>1989296
I dont get what a avgeek is? is just a faggy name for a guy that likes airplanes but doesnt have the will to learn how to even simfly or what?
>>
>>1989560
honeywell FMS and etc is wildly different in flow than g1000.
G1000's ez as hell to learn with every single thing contained on it. With single engine props you are also not fast enough for it to become overwhelming in the same way. (g1000 cessna to latitude sim)
ultimately its my opinion that schools just run g1000 cessnas to pad income with higher rates.
(this is primarily about schools and lateral training I would myself run something like a g3x/MMD with six pack in my own plane)
>>
Is that boomer ever going to let go of the N166ER tail number?
>>
Any anons here using in-ear headsets? (Clarity Alofts / Faro Air?) - if so, how are you finding them?

Right now I'm using a second hand set of David Clarks and they're just disintegrating, so considering a replacement / upgrade.
>>
>decide to fly an ILS with all the assists off when I haven't been up in a week
Well that was a mistake. Sorry people
>>
>>1990498
>intercept final in white
>transfer to green
>look away for 2s
>AP decides not to capture cause the heading and course are 0.001 degree divergent with the needle centered
Fine I’ll do it myself, you won’t track it anyways
>>
File: IMG_0384.jpg (12 KB, 275x183)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
GO TO A ULCC THEY SAID
SKIP THE REGIONALS THEY SAID
YOULL GO STRAIGHT TO A LEGACY THEY SAID
>>
>>1990621
Kinda glad they stopped training right after getting the conditional job offer lol. Really dodged a bullet
>>
>>1990560
>>1990498
>flying an ILS with AP
?
>>
>>1990638
Yes? The plane can do it. I was just dogshit doing it myself, ergo rough on passengers
>>
>>1990638
Why not?
>>
>>1990621
ngl skipping the regionals and getting right into frontier or allegiant sounds like a dream for me. you think that might be a thing in the future?
>>
File: IMG_0193.jpg (103 KB, 750x1000)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>1990806
Im trying to stop speculating because a year ago the conventional wisdom was 100% to avoid a regional and go straight to a ULCC, but now Im getting furloughed. I got so little total time that I would be lucky to get on at Atlas and make a lateral move.

If I could do it over again I would have gone to a regional (preferably in base where I live), suck it up and upgrade then build turbine PIC time. I went to Women in Aviation last month and American said they are looking for applicants with 122 turbine PIC time. The artificial minimums are increasing and it looks like raw SIC time isn’t cutting it at the legacies anymore.
Then again i dont know shit and probably by 2025 everything will be different. This whole industry is pure luck
>>
>>1990560
>>intercept final in white
>transfer to green
see. If you were flying a NextGen, the plane would have auto transferred from White to Green for you.
>>
>>1990806
>>1990621
No. Now its going back to the days of having to be a regional captain for a few years before getting to a legacy. The days of going straight from a regional FO to the legacies are over
>>
>>1990806
Could be, my advice is to utilize cadet programs for any airline really. I struck gold with my timing and still am getting a massive sign on bonus even with hiring slowing down.
>>1990810
Our friend here went to the wrong ulcc and him and amber are getting the axe unfornately
>>
>>1990869
that's fine as long as upgrade times aren't asinine. at worst you're at a regional for like 5, maybe 6 at worst years
>>
is there anywhere i can read about Japanese airline history? I'm fascinated by the structure of their domestic airline system, but there doesn't seem to be much info in English beyond Wikipedia and current aviation news sites, rather than - say - an explanation of how the industry was deregulated and why, despite this, it's still basically an ANA/JAL duopoly where most of the independent airlines are clearly working with either ANA or JAL in some regard.
>>
Redpill me on the Boom Overture and the future of supersonic commercial jets. Scholl estimated it's first flight to take place in 2030.
>>
>>1991019
wikipedia.jp

search Japan Airlines and translate to english. It's a different page than Wikipedia en
>>
>>1991040
The pussies at the FAA will never let it happen
>>
>>1990868
See. They didn’t make any NextGen 200s lol
>>
>>1991040
Concorde 2: Electric Boogaloo
>>
https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1713020927728669.webm

too lazy to make it fit the 4mb limit for here so I posted it in /wsg/

Crosswind Atlas 747F Rwy 31L Landing 29026G36KT

Was pretty cool, sorry I didn't get a better angle of the landing was twisting my wrist trying to be discreet
>>
>>1991205
That's neat. A dreamlifer took off from KPAE while I was doing 180 poweroffs on the little runway.
>>
>>1990869
and if you don't have a bachelors degree you will never get past the regional left seat stage
>>
Do you really have to call them to sign up for Sheppard Air?
>>
>>1991326
Yes but it takes 2 seconds.
>>
>>1991327
alright, just making sure I'm not looking at an imposter website
>>
>>1991326
it's ghetto as fuck but it works
their support email is a Gmail account
>>
>>1990023
The fact that it's still around and no kiboshed by the FAA is a miracle.
>>
>>1991337
all the FAA wants to do is stay out of the public eye for ANYTHING other than the accident-free record.

if they ban people either react with
>PC run amok! they should be worried about Boeing!
or
>ugh im so triggered that this didn't happen, like, a hundred years ago! who even approved this in the first place? the FAA needs more DEI blah blah blah

best to not rock the boat. its a 185 in alaska, after enough time the odds of it crashing reach 100% and they just wont reissue the tail#.
>>
>>1991361
Based don't-rock-the-boat understander. This is how, like 95% of the government works
>>
I had a dream the other night that someone added a rack to the top of a 747 to carry stacked intermodal containers. In the dream I thought it was pretty cool, then I woke up and thought WTF.
>>
>>1990023
Getting either that or N199ER would be a miracle
>>
>>1991361
>its a 185 in alaska
Wait a fucking second, looking it up gets me a Reserved N-Number listing from fucking DJI, or at least a holdings company in Delaware with that name.
There's no renewal date and the reservation is set to end in September.
>>
>>1991398
N1663R is a 185 in AK
>>
>>1991407
We were talking about ER, not 3R, shouldn't you be a little more on the ball with tail numbers?
>>
personally id rather avoid having a tail number that would confuse me with a r*ddle kid
>>
>>1991459
>NGR01D
>>
>>1991459
riddle?
>>
>>1991501
https://erau.edu/
>>
>>1991471
you've never registered a tail number have you
>>
>>1991558
No. Where did I fuck up? The G should be a 6?
>>
>>1991563
https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/aircraft_certification/aircraft_registry/forming_nnumber
>>
File: Snapchat-362050298.jpg (598 KB, 1440x2560)
598 KB
598 KB JPG
Heh. Funny ident
>>
File: IMG_8548.jpg (1.49 MB, 4032x3024)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB JPG
>>1991700
>>
>>1991713
>>
>>1991791
amazin
>>
File: 20240418_004544.jpg (287 KB, 928x1651)
287 KB
287 KB JPG
I can't have airport ops' 4k uhd cameras catch my cock out again so I had to pee in this sump bucket. I threw it out into the gravel lol
>>
>>1991906
drink more water, or maybe its multivitaminic pee idk. still drink more water.
>>
>>1991906
trust me we don't care nearly enough and piss outdoors all the time or sleep in our trucks when we're not busy, I usually prop the door of my f350 open in case someone pulls up on me and try to avoid pissing against the wind

atc might have cameras though
>>
>>1991941
driver side door open is the move with your phone up to your ear like you're getting a call
>>
>>1983266
There s only like 500k non student pilots in the us tho?
>>
I have a job offer flying Caravans but I'd need to timebuild actual instrument, night, and cross country time (quite a bit) in addition to commercial 141 timebuilding. Do you guys think it's worth committing to this? I'm not really sure if instructing is right for me but this is a lot of eggs to put in one basket.
>>
>>1992062
How much of each? Does this Caravan job offer expire at some later date? Some of that time can be tricky to obtain in short order unless you’re made of money. Also what does “commercial 141 timebuilding” mean?
>>
>>1986452
Insecure boomer
>>
>>1989296
One of my followers like that post. He is a gay man married to a big three pilot lol
>>
I don't want to upgrade... :(
>>
Is the wizz air cadet program a meme? I burned out of my current career and already have a PPL that might make it easier to get accepted. Or is that only for youngsters in their early twenties
>>
>>1992118
PPL already looks bad to programs because they want to train you their way.
>>
Have a pilot and an atc controller ever had a fist fight?
>>
File: IMG_1354.jpg (24 KB, 419x279)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>1992193
>>
>>1982300
https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/faa-investigating-rockies-charter-flight-for-unauthorized-personnel-in-cockpit-airline-deeply-disturbed/

https://streamable.com/hbjog3

Kek
>>
my airport is...le full!
>>
File: IMG_20240419_213131697.jpg (1.44 MB, 4096x1842)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB JPG
>>1992244
I counted like 30+ planes on the North side on the line, kinda glad I'm not ATC
>>
File: IMG_20240419_214812210.jpg (2.03 MB, 4096x1842)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB JPG
>>1992248
conga line
>>
File: IMG_20240419_215456023.jpg (1.18 MB, 4096x1842)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB JPG
>>1992250
planes are....le based and cool!
>>
>>1992252
many people are saying this
>>
>>1992248
>>1992250
>>1992252
great pics boss, love the lights!
>>
>>>/pol/465567328
>>
File: seeyou.png (1.22 MB, 1236x640)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB PNG
see you in the skies :)
>>
>>1992201
kek
>>
Ayo
The fuck is happening
>>
>>1992319
Diversity.
>>
I like listening to CVR/ATC recordings where the pilot screams before dying
>>
>>1992305
I don't think that's really you
>>
>>1992319
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW6lAwLy_Os
>>
File: 1615144254278.jpg (59 KB, 568x660)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>1992344
>>
>>1992319
fear mongering, lifting recordings from ancient incidents, atc overload, blind-leading-the-blind training, things like this have been happening forever and now that it's monetizable they're producing as much content as possible
>>
>>1992374
All of this happened this week.
>>
>>1992322
> That's it, baby
> Dies
That was badass
>>
>>1992376
yeah and they'll happen next week and the weeks after
>>
>>1982314
Seeing American diametric brainwashing in action always makes me laugh. You guys don't know what words mean, you just throw around fotm "other team" insults from social media and tv. It truly is some Demolition man shit
>>
>>1992305
>this insta thot
she's a guard C-130 driver... diversity-hired her way through the air force now doing the same at southwest, essentially single pilot ops with her heating the right seat.

>ask me how I know
>>
>>1992319
at the end of the day the system is working and despite the breakdowns all these get caught by one of the many failsafes.

its overblown bullshit for avgeeks to masturbate over
>>
>>1992319
My airport wasn't mentioned!

I never heard about it because I left a hour prior that day. I have been noticing the symptoms of ATC overload since I'm listening to ground all day. They're really pissy sometimes and it's compounded by lots of traffic (yesterday was abnormally busy, like pre-COVID levels of flights), pilots not listening, or radio problems (I've pissed them off once doing that cause I was in a nasty dead zone during a repo, they could hear me but I couldn't hear them). Or I've gotten instructions that didn't make sense and I had to use my own judgement or correct them. I actually feel bad, they're constantly stressed.
>>
>>1992424
Are there quotas to limit traffic at airports based on controllers available, or is just all organic?
>>
>>1992430
I think it's organic and more based on what gates are available for aircraft at the terminals. I never heard of a slowdown due to controller unavailability, would be really bad though considering we have lots of international arrivals.

They did have to evac the tower for the 4.8 earthquake we had earlier, one brave soul was left behind on tower frequency lol.
>>
>>1992397
>>>/r/eddit is that way, schizo.
>>
>>1992419
>>ask me how I know
>>1992419
how do you know? Have you sniffed her seat?
>>
I can confirm you can paint other planes with the radar in the CRJ
>>
File: billions must fly.png (475 KB, 1470x1080)
475 KB
475 KB PNG
How bad is it really if I don't want to become an airline chud? I mean if I REALLY have to, then I will, but I would rather not.
>>
>>1992419
>she's a guard C-130 driver
no shes not you dumb fuck
>ask me how I know
you don't know. because she was never in the military
>>
I'm studying for my PPC checkride. If anons have any good material that helped them I would highly appreciate it.
Any gotchas I should look out for?
>>
>>1992812
you don't want to live the dream?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNxz2hhSXuY
>>
>>1992812
What don’t you like about it? What other options are you considering?
>>
Boeing stock is at $169/share what's the chances of them getting raped by the FAA or NTSB any further, will we see a ground stop on 787s and newer 777s after a whistleblower came out stating he saw workers stomp on fuselages to get them to fit?
>>
>>1993035
Not high but not zero. If you put a gun to my head I'd rate the likelihood at around 20% in the next 12 months
>>
File: IMG_20240424_122028457~4.jpg (649 KB, 2175x1727)
649 KB
649 KB JPG
thicc bois coming thru look at that girth
>>
File: IMG_20240424_130517536~2.jpg (852 KB, 1842x3093)
852 KB
852 KB JPG
>>1993109

caught one flying over my head and again nearly broke my wrist trying to film it, here's it's sister. maybe I'll upload the webm when I get home on wsg and share the link here
>>
>>1993109
>>1993110
I want to post pics from where I work but I'm worried about getting found. I have so many cool pics :(
>>
>>1993111
just don't fedpost what's the worst that can happen

pretty sure tptb already knows I browse this site, whenever we have vips I notice my phone signal goes to shit or gets throttled/slowed
>>
>>1993116
I'm not afraid of tptb, I'm afraid of you fuggers!
>>
I will never have jet time.
>>
>>1993109
>>1993110
I was one of three passengers on a C-17 out of Stewart on a reposition flight to Kangerlussuaq. I've been on them countless times before that, but it is a really wild feeling to just have the whole damn thing to yourself.

what beasts. their ability to take off in such short distances with a 180k load defies belief
>>
>>1992812
Airline chudism is the easiest path to a hands free career. Everything else requires working harder.
>>
>>1993149
yeah its not easy. even if you start young getting into a right seat a legacy before your fortieth birthday is no sure thing.

its always something with the downturns. 9/11 then GFC then coof and now Boeing, if you go the airline route you and your career are very susceptible to market forces and current events. that $400k pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is something only .1% or maybe even closer to .01% of people who embark on this career will ever see.
>>
RIP
https://youtu.be/ZPBnYoQVHw4
https://youtu.be/3dZyo5GCr8s
>>
>>1993110
>>1993109
This one was easy to convert to webm at least. Posted on wsg so you get sound and I'm not fighting to get it under 4mb. C17 Galaxy off 22R, would've gotten a better angle by getting out of my vehicle but didn't want ATC spotting me since I'm next to the runway so was twisting my arm trying to be discreet

https://is2.4chan.org/wsg/1714012011582804.webm
>>
>>1993192
I didn't say it was easy to get to, I said it was the easiest path to a hands free career. The union does the heavy lifting, and I just show up an hour before push with a working iPad and fly a leg. If you don't want to work your ass off now so you don't have to work later, that's a you problem. I got mine, and I'll retire in double digit seniority at my Big 3 job. How about you get to flyin instead of bitchin..!
>>
>>1993198
Did an engine explode? I guess they decided to come back when it started having problems or caught fire and didn't make it. I would wonder if when whatever exploded it took out all the controls on that wing.
>>
>>1993239
Radial engines don't just explode. What may have happened is the engine failed and started a fire. The fire spread until it reached one of the integral fuel cells and ignited fuel vapors, causing an explosion. There could've also been a fire started by a fuel leak.
I'm not sure where the Skymaster's aileron control cables run, but they very well could run along the leading edge, in which case a fire would take them out. Tragic, big loss regardless.
t. knower
>>
>>1993192
that's why you temper your expectations. i'd be perfectly happy with an LCC, largely because of the better QOL while still getting a fat pay (i never had rich parents like some people so getting a hard six figs is a big deal for me)
>>
I wish we gatekept poor people from becoming pilots. I hate how whiny they always are.
>>
File: 1622798240440.jpg (382 KB, 2544x4000)
382 KB
382 KB JPG
>>1993323
rich parents fag detected. lift weights or something
>>
So why is coming from a wealthy background bad again?
>>
why is watching flight accident videos on youtube so fun?
>>
>>1993477
It helps you're SA is why I like it.
>>
>>1993414
>YOUR PARENTS ARE RICHER THAN MINE
>THAT MAKES ME BETTER THAN YOU
the absolute state of frogposters
>>
File: file.png (1.51 MB, 1200x943)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB PNG
Opinions on RENO?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZFK8sA7cEA
looks really cool, I wonder why is not that well known, I just found out about it by accident
>>
>>1993610
I don't understand it. The whole point is that they're doing crazy shit and you might watch someone die. Then someone dies, just as everyone was hoping would happen, and they all moan about it and say it was a terrible tragedy. Or maybe they're just saying that because they're spozeduh, and that's part of being a fan but it's all with a wink and a nudge?
>>
Any EASA ATPLs here?
I heard you can get a job in a jet with just 200 hours in Euroland?
>>
>>1993616
Yeah we've got an EasyJet poster in here occasionally.
>>
>>1993025
>>1993032
>>1993149
>why don't I want to become an airline chud
Living in hotels for half the month just seems kinda shit and unhealthy. But more than that, the chance to get absolutely raped by some black swan event.
I mean, pretty much everyone would be happy with a comfy high paying job at a legacy with seniority and plenty of time off, but that's not always what happens is it? Even if you work hard you're not guaranteed to make it, and even if you make it you can still get fucked.
>what are you considering
Anything really. Air ambulance (really interested in this one), tour guide, national guard/reserve, firefighting, bush pilot, corporate maybe, maybe even active duty air force.
>>
>>1993702
Well you don’t have to do it forever. Get in, see if you like it enough to stay. If you don’t, find something else. “Making it” is relative; a regional captain will still make pretty good money compared with the general working public, but not compared to what a legacy captain would make. Time off can be difficult, but not impossible depending on a lot of stuff. Air ambulance can be pretty shit considering a lot of them will spend their 7 or 10 on at a crew house waiting for a call. Firefighting requires a lot of low level time and previous Ag experience, which means you will probably have to slog it out spraying fields somewhere for a while. Bush pilots don’t make a ton, the work can be hazardous, MX can be hit or miss because the profit margin on those operations is slim, and you’ll live in areas where milk is like $10+/gal. Air Force/reserve is like a 6 year commitment, and unless you plan on doing that for your entire career most end up applying for the airlines later anyways. Also NG is very competitive, so good luck. There are upsides and downsides to every path. I didn’t think I would enjoy the airlines, and I’m not sure this will be a forever thing, but I’m super glad I did it.
>>
Can you learn to fly if you're old and have a job?
>>
>>1993702
>living in hotels
yeah
>black swan
maybe
>it doesn't always happen
worked for me sweetie
>you can still get fucked
that's life, grow some testicles
>air ambulance
enjoy living in a trailer with people who hate you for 1-2 weeks at a time for not enough money
>tour guide
fucking lol
>guard/reserve
being a weekend warrior is not a career, it's a time builder
>firefighting
good luck
>bush pilot
lol mate, whatever you say
>corporate maybe
maybe you should come up with a plan
>maybe AD USAF
this seems like a great option for you since you have no real plans or drive. Big blue will hold your hand so you can be a powerpoint pro. be sure to be current when you separate so you don't have to go get current at a regional
>>
>>1982301
You say you're more likely to die driving to the airport than flying on the airplane, but if you don't fly the probability of death while flying on an airplane is zero.
>>
>>1993720
I'm 33 and going to take a shot at it (UK/EU national). Currently work as a spreadsheet monkey and been crawling towards my PPL.
>>
>>1993721
The other downside is that I would have to share an office with niggers like you
>>
File: 20240428_024056.jpg (322 KB, 1651x928)
322 KB
322 KB JPG
Hon Hon Hon
>>
>>1993814
>Arriving at its nest, the mother 747 prepares to feed its young...
>>
>>1993720
There are some advantages to starting in your thirties if you're not a fuck up. Professional experience and bachelor's degrees give you a distinct leg up. If you an advanced degree and/or successful job experience that involved having real responsibility you are an ideal candidate.

I just wouldn't want to be starting the instructor grind before about 35 years old. and starting after 40 robs you of a lot of your earning potential. you gotta understand that most people in /gag/ since about 2020 who say they are pilots are mostly just pre-solo students who are fuck-ups. be careful who you listen to.
>>
File: GMPEbLxWwAAbuJA.jpg (542 KB, 2048x1152)
542 KB
542 KB JPG
new dubai airport announced, no idea on when its opening up
>over 400 gates
>capacity for 260m passengers a year
>5 terminals
>5 times the size of the current airport
>DXB will transfer all operations here in '10 years time'
>>
File: radio.png (1.4 MB, 1080x736)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB PNG
>>1993835
That's why I'm going now at 33 before it's too late - I can pick up on the last of my accounting quals when I'm in my late 30s / early 40s; I can't do the same for an ATPL and a CPL etc.

I've worked in all manner of teams, had to travel for work; worked to deadline / for difficult clients, managed "juniors"; but it's not what I want to be doing.

https://voca.ro/1iPEauDNHW5v
>>
>>1993840
well, you CAN do that in your forties...and plenty of people do...but you'll never max out the earning potential.

there is also such thing as starting too early, which doesn't get talked about nearly enough. if you don't have a bachelor's degree and you want to be an airline pilot you better start with that before you do any more flying.
>>
>>1993871
True you can, but like you say, with the loss of earning potential, it becomes harder to justify.

My degree is in accountancy - I figured it'd give me a good enough basis to build on regardless of whatever happened. Are they fussy about the degree you did or as long as you have a sensible one you're okay?

https://voca.ro/17IliXE4Qbm6
>>
>>1993880
I am just a CFI grinding hours so I'm not a perfect person to ask, but I have certainly done my fair share of asking around and from I can gather it doesn't matter at all. I think the most common major for USAF pilots is still political science.

I think there used to be more value in something like physics and meteorology, but those days are kind of over. the point is to show you are smart and committed enough to make it through university and that helps illustrate your character.
>>
>>1993880
I'm doing airline training in the US right now and from what I've seen they don't really give a shit what degree you have. I believe some of my classmates are ATP fags and don't even have a degree. They just grinded hours in a mediocre training environment and still got hired. Granted I'm at a regional so I can't talk from experience with a legacy but as long as you're competent they'll hire you.
>>
is u/MavMaddi a Skywest FO?
>>
>>1993899
I did like 95% of a degree in geology in a past life, I'm just going to say I got a Bachelor of Science, fuck it.

It's not like they're going to ask for the certificate.
>>
>>1993836
China issues its final warning, the UAE announces another gigantic project
>>
>>1993610
A friend of mine nearly died and another died in front of my eyes at the races.
>>
>>1986359
There's a lot of firefighting gigs around here that hire SIC right out of commercial. Hoping to get one once I get my rating. Is SIC a good way to build experience? Helicopter btw.
>>
>>1992319
I don't like these videos. It promotes division between ATC and Pilots which is a relationship that relies on high trust.
>>
Any other Helicopter pilots here?
>>
>>1993768
You could listen to a legacy pilot in their 20s, or you could continue to be a cock mongling faggot. The choice is yours.
>>
>>1994348
Technically, not yet.
>>
>>1994353
Student? Where you training?
>>
>>1994361
Houston. Went on like a four month break right at the tail end of the curriculum (way longer than intended lol), but should have the written and checkride out of the way this month.
>>
>>1994347
But that's silly. You should always ask ATC for clarification if something doesn't sound right. I've has to correct ground a few times when doing escorts because they were sending me the wrong way, into the path of other aircraft, or into the wrong taxiway when doing aircraft escorts. Or I wasn't comfortable with the amount of time given on a runway before a plane lands on my head. Or if I didn't hear if they acknowledged my response. They're human too. Those videos are meant for avgeeks and armchair quarterbacks.
>>
>>1993990
that sucks, but is kind of expected tbH. Is not like F1 where everyone is constantly crying about safety so is now rich cunts doing rich cunts things, the danger factor gives them that respect.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.