[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1709796710147976.webm (3.6 MB, 576x768)
3.6 MB
3.6 MB WEBM
One more lane bro
>>
>all these brain dead batavoids waiting obediently in their little segregation zone while they get passed by cars on the empty car lane
I am once again reminding you that John Forester did nothing wrong
>>
>>1988861
The logic for bike lanes is based on the principle of "slower traffic keep right" and the bicycle lane being an "extra slow traffic" lane. So in theory this should be abstracted to:
>no "protected" bike lanes, they're useless anyway
>no vehicular traffic? go for it, cyclist dude
>going with traffic, cyclists should take caution making turns, using proper hand signals (though taking crosswalks is acceptable behavior)
>not letting faster vehicles pass should be viewed as douchebag behavior
>>
>>1988848
why don't they move to the road? are they american?
>>
That's what a country of queers looks like
>>
Just ride in the fucking road FFS.
>>1988899
No over here there is no one on the bike lane OR sidewalks.
>>
>>1988898
>not letting faster vehicles pass should be viewed as douchebag behavior
See >>1988861
>>
>>1988848
John Forester was right
>>
>>1988958
I honestly don't know enough about John Forester to know if he advocated letting faster vehicles pass or not.
>>
>>1989038
he advocated for car owners later in his life and had retarded, contradictory opinions that only made sense in a post war america where the mere thought of a bike lane was impossible so you had to cope with street biking. btw he did think cars should pass bikes and that it was totally fine for them to get close to bikers and nearly run them off the road but still claimed to be pro bike.
>>
>>1989047
like any good bait post this is about 20% truth and 80% nonsense
>>
>>1989054
it's literally true, john forester is a retard i'm sick of him being shilled.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpnZy7RrO3I
>>
>>1989059
buy an ad
>>
>>1988861
yeah i'm thinking based
>>
>>1988848
>traffic :\
>traffic, bikes :O
>>
>>1988848
bike lane still transports ten times more people per hour than the road even when there's occasonal standstill traffic
>>
Forester makes sense given that there was a very real possibility that bikes would be banned from public roads altogether.
>>
File: lawmap_tar.png (166 KB, 1772x1225)
166 KB
166 KB PNG
>>1989617
>was
you act like there aren't a ton of places where you can get ticketed just for passing another cyclist while a car driver exists
>>
>>1988848
Looks like Copenhagen to me, as the gomore building is located there.

Well, who would have thought that the Danes are also such cucks who allow themselves to be dictated to like sheep - but since the plandemic I am no longer surprised by such obedient cucked herd behaviour in the degenerated West.
>>
bikes are not a serious form of transportation
>>
File: 1698857474316277.jpg (367 KB, 946x633)
367 KB
367 KB JPG
>>1988848
Lane?
>>
>>1990091
nooooo you can't just use public infrastructure that you paid for! that's only for motorists! this is for your own good! they don't know what's in their interests! please segregate me sir!
>>
ONE LANE
I DON'T KNOW WHY
>>
>>1990091
Worked for a bit in Beijing, I miss having a daily commute that looked like a bicycle race. Though the bike I had was bottom of the barrel garbage.
>>
>>1990093
Incredibly poor example for bicycle advocacy.
>under the "bicycle kingdom" era, all bicycles had to have paid-for licenses, something that would elicit screeching if suggested today
>as wealth and buying power increased, people switched to cars, suggesting that cars are in fact the superior form of transportation if you can afford it

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.