[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Do you guys ever talk to fellow passengers on your public transit?
>another week of riding the subway
>another week not talking to anyone, barely making eye contact, just standing facing the door/looking at the floor
>another week seeing the same people at my home station and never talking to them
>another week seeing the same qt girls and never looking at them let alone talking to them, even if a seat opens next to them
I know it isn't common for people to talk a lot on the train nowadays with everyone having headphones on but it still feels horrible
>>
>>1989833
talking to strangers in transit doesn't really conform to my idea of american politeness
they might think you're a schizo or desperate
maybe in a place like Brazil or Italy
>>
>>1989833
No, anyone willing to converse with a stranger on transit is mentally ill, on hard drugs, black, or all three (most commonly all three). I'd rather not converse with anyone in any of those categories, or act like them in any way myself.
>>
No. I don't talk to people in the elevator either
>>
>>1989833
I don't start conversations out of the blue on transit or in general, but if somebody drops something near me or something like that I'll pick it up for them and converse if they do, or if somebody asks me a question and we go from there.
>>
>>1989834
>>1989845
>>1989863
>>1989864
so like if you guys see a cute girl sitting alone, you wont sit next to her and try to talk to her
>>
>>1989903
I know a guy who does that and everyone cringes because the girls always look super uncomfortable but they act nice because you never know how a guy will react if spurned
>>
>beautiful indian/middle eastern girl sits in the exact same window seat of the exact same train car on the same time train every single ride
>see her on it every day
>usually has in airpods and just looks out the window the entire trip, while occasionally looking at phone
>sometimes the seat next to her is empty
>never sit next to her, just always stand a distance away and occasionally glance over at her while scanning my head in the 30 minutes we're on the train together
>she stands up before her stop and for 30-45 seconds i see her tall and slim body in heels with a tight sweater accentuating her tits then watch her walk away
>never speak a word, make eye contact, or even smile at her because I offer nothing to anyone anyway and someone as beautiful as her has guys falling over themselves to be with her

Riding the subway is such a depressing experience.
>>
>>1989910
sometimes I see a cute girl like that and I feel instinctively that she must be in danger (I have a sixth sense about this stuff, plus you know all those things they have in the news now), so I'll often get off at the same stop and follow them home. always stay about 20-30 feet behind so they don't get too spooked. sometimes she'll start running and although I can't see the person chasing her I'll always make sure to keep up with her and keep her in sight at all times because you never know these days, there are some real crazies out there
>>
>>1989917

based silent hero

wish we had more of your type keeping the cute girls safe
>>
>>1989833
ma dude, talking to people on trains is as comfortable or uncomfortable as you make it. I don't do it every day. Just when i feel like it. I don't talk to people during rush hour. Nobody wants to talk during rush hour. People just want to get from a to b during rush hours.
>>
>>1989834
That famous American politeness where you make small talks with your cashier and speak for hours with your bartender as they were your friends.
>>
>>1989903
No, the last thing a cute girl wants is some /n/ posting autist trying to chat her up on transit, and if she approaches you then she's definitely not right in the head.
>>
>>1989970
if i'm not supposed to talk to her and the ones who talk to me first are bad, then how find waifu?
>>
>>1989975
take HRT and become the waifu
>>
>>1989833
I usually just sit next to cute girls and stare at them the whole time
>>
I talked to an Asian qt on the London Underground yesterday, she was holding an instrument case and we started talking from there about music and stuff. Got invited to a cello performance she's doing and I got her socials
If you're not too autistic it's quite easy
>>
>been riding subway for 10 years
>have never spoken to a single other person despite seeing all these same people who get on and off with me in my town's station
it doesnt even matter anyway, not like i would tell people any details whatsoever about myself. still living with mommy and daddy in my childhood home at 32 years old, you think im exposing my life to a single person where they can see that? even the people in town who ride their bikes on the train like i do, i cant face that humiliation even though getting to know people in my same town would be a good social experience, i cant do it.
>>
>>1989964
i only speak to people i have financial transactions with
>>
>>1990645
How often do you take the subway though? I've been taking it multiple times a day for almost 25 years and I get into a conversation every couple of years. Admittedly it's usually because I ran into someone I know. One time I accidentally sat next to a guy I shared a cubicle with 10+ years prior, in another job in another state. I was in a terrible mood at that exact moment and I was ruder than I should have been so we never reconnected.

Usually it's just mentally ill people who talk to me when I'm in a certain mood, I guess they can see I'm also not right in the head. They're not so bad really, just strange and lonely. Since my doctor put me on certain medications it has been easier for me to engage in a steady conversation with schizophrenic homeless people. It's good practice in case I ever want to become a normie again.
>>
>>1990706
i take it twice a day during commute hours. lots of people on both trains. see lts of people, the same people usually, getting on and off at my home station. im on the train with some of these people for half an hour. i still never talk to anyone.

i know times are different now than the long past because 99% of people are on their phones with headphones on so you would actively have to disrupt their experience to talk to them. but i dont think thats hard for normal peope to do.
>>
>>1989833
>Do you guys ever talk to fellow passengers on your public transit?
Never.
The polite thing to do, and the only thing to do on public transport is to stfu and mind your own business. Talking to random people on the train would exhaust me and everyone else and I would have no energy to do anything else. Anyone that talks to strangers on public tranasport is mentally ill.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.