[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Today, Bay Area Rapid Transit formally retired the last of its original rolling stock that had been in service since the system opened in 1972. The occasion was marked by speeches from BART officials and a farewell excursion between McArthur and Fremont (where the very first train had run on September 11, 1972). I was there and rode the last train.
>>
>>
The hood cap of one of the original A cars
>>
>>
>>1992565
FUCKIN NERDS!
>>
>>
>>1992567
Your friends are FUCKIN NERDS!
>>
>>1992466
>bart
>brings africans 'round town
>>
>>1992573

Kek
>>
Representatives from the Western Railway Museum, who will be taking ownership of three cars that have been earmarked for preservation.
>>
>>1992573
Cute
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Nice, thank you sar for you doing the needful. Did you get some souvenir or free gadget?
>>
>>1992713

They were auctioning off the nameplates of retired cars but I didn’t feel like waiting in line for an hour
>>
>>
You take too many uninteresting and bad photos
>>
>>1992466
Cool thread anon, kinda crazy how long those old trains have been around. Won't miss the old interiors though, I never felt comfortable on those plush seats imagining what type of unspeakable horrors it had experienced and absorbed.
>>
>>1992755
It's the Bay, basically every public surface is heavily coated in a thick layer of feces and hepatitis.
>>
>>1992755
Imagine how many people visit the ER due to being lacerated by drug pipes stashed in the cushions each year
>>
THEY SHOULD OF NEVER CLOSED THE KEY SYSTEM REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: key_system.png (1.91 MB, 1200x963)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB PNG
>>1992829
forgot pic REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.