[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_3722.jpg (536 KB, 1290x520)
536 KB
536 KB JPG
I’m starting to feel overwhelmed. I’m 21 years old about to be a co pilot with aircraft equipped with PT6 engines, this is the first time I will be flying a a turbo prop aircraft and I’m baffled. I’m so used to flying 4cylinders 6 cylinders aircraft and aircraft with POH of like 300 pages but now it has 1000 pages. Is it normal to feel overwhelmed? Like what is your advice? I know the basic of how the pt6 works, I understand it. And honestly, the process seems so much more simple. What do ?
>>
>>1992955
Bigger planes bigger books. Your AFM will generally be structured the same, and you didn’t know everything in those piston POHs either. Know the limitations and where to find stuff, and learn the rest as you go.
>>
>>1992958
I’ve been flying the Cessna 172-182RG since I’ve been 16 or 17 years old, (first time I was 9 lol) and you’re right that at first, It felt extremely overwhelming and you learn as you go but now I know those pohs by heart, I know the dimensions, tire pressiures, everything by heart. Like if an engine failure were to occur, I know exactly what to do, I understand the piston engine. Like I know if there’s a failure, I can prime my way until I reach an airport. It just that in school we don’t learn turbine engine as much as piston engines
>>
>>1992955
You were handed things to you your entire life from your parents. And now that you actually have to learn something new, you're throwing a fit and refusing to do so. Fucking spoiled brat. I hope I see you on blancolirio.
>>
>>1993335
Kek gotem
>>
>>1992955
just get lots of sim practice in youl be ok
>>
>>1992955
I hope you make it to the legacies before you start balding. The boys and I will spit roast you like a piggy pink pig and make you squeal.
>>
Well at least he didn't post a frog...
>>
>>1992955
God turbines are so sexy
>>
>>1993335
who is the best tragedyexploitationtoober?
blancolirio? pilotdebrief? dan gryder?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.