[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1.jpg (244 KB, 1600x1200)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
I need to buy a nipple ring for my bicycle. Is there a standard size or are they all different like hangers?
>>
3.23mm other than for BSOs but honestly if your wheels aren't garbage there's no need to true them, ever, so ironically 3.23mm spoke keys are the least useful but that won't stop larpers from carrying them around to show they're a "real cyclist"
>>
>>1997169
>>
>>1997166
Mr op look at the picture please. As you can see on a single tool you have all the sizes. So just buy one in a good material amd with good tolerances so that it doesn't round the nipples, they're all the same
>>
>>1997169
>my wheel needs trued, what size spoke wrench do i need?
>BRO U DONT EVEN NEED THAT U GAY LARPER LOL JUST BUY GOOD STUFF U RIDE TRASH UR NOT EVEN A REAL CYCLIST LOL

Mental illness
>>
please abandon this thread, I repeat abandon this useless thread, I think it's some childish joke on nipple piercings, shame on you OP here we are honest folks and we take everything on face value, back to /ck or wherever you come from
>>
>>1997209
>JUST BUY GOOD STUFF U RIDE TRASH UR NOT EVEN A REAL CYCLIST LOL
dies aber unironisch
>>
1. those round ones, stamped and slotted, are usually garbage, they offer little engagement and often are produced to very loose tolerance, you might end up rounding or breaking a nipple.
2. if you only need to true one wheel you can get away with an adjustable spanner or parallel pliers, yes even that would be better than one of those spoke wrenches I warned about in 1.
>>
>>1997233
If you only need to true one wheel you only need to buy one proper quality spoke key in the right size. And you should. Spoke keys are not that expensive and it'll make the job so much smoother.
>>
>>1997329
Thats literally what I said burt with nuance instead of obsolete detail.
>>
>>1997233
they are produced to loose tolerance but they offer 7 tolerances, one is bound to fit
>>
>>1997233
I love my Park Tool Master Spoke Wrench. Heavy, easy to use and perfect engagement. The SW-20 (black one) fits the spokes on all my bikes, so that must be the most common size.
>>
Why use gay nipple things? Use real male tools
>>
>>1997478
If you need this leverage to twist a nipple, you're not a man.
>>
>>1997478
the manliest thing to do if you don't have the tool is actually cutting a lil notch on a wrench
>>
>>1997410
You don't have enough wheelsets. Thats your problem.
>>
>>1997410
By the same logic I conclude that the red one must be the most common size..
>>
>>1997493
>not cheating to become purple nurple champion
What is wrong with you?
>>
>>1997211
cyclists don't understand that the word "nipple" freaks out normies since they all think it's a sex word
>>
>>1999947
I was talking with the plumber earlier, and he didn't bat an eye at the word.
Did a swell job with my soil pipe, too.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.