[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

I want to buy a new e-scooter.
I'm hesitating between Vsett 9 and Techlife Q3. Both have a top speed of 45 km/h and NFC reader/lock.

Vsett 9
>$900
>better brand
>17,5Ah 52V
>650W (900W) motor
>8.5 tyres, one solid one pneumatic
>25 kg

Techlife Q3

>$950
>less known brand
>16.5 Ah 48V
>800W (1200W) motor
>10" pneumatic tyres
>23 kg

From the looks of it the Techlife has better specs and should be safer to ride at that speed with larger wheels, but I can't find much info about the company which leads me to believe the quality is worse than the Vsett. Also it's a bit more expensive.

Question is, what would you choose and is it safe to ride 45 km/h on 8.5 inch tyres?
>>
if you are willing to wait a long time and contact sellers, you can get dual motor scooters for that price from alibaba from the original manufacturer, that's what I did, but anyway, go with vsett, I would not trust random companies, even if the underlying scooter is the same base they often cheap out on shit that will kill you.
>>
>e-scooters
CANCER
>>
>>2002209
https://youtu.be/hkHCnZ5GrNc
>>
>>1999805
>Question is, what would you choose and is it safe to ride 45 km/h on 8.5 inch tyres?
no, faggots on these things look so stupid, one pothole and ur airborne
30km/h max
>>
>>2002856
>30km/h max
lol, with the right controller (firmware modification) both could probably go more like 45km/h but max distance would be less then 40km with these batteries. e-scooter trade off between distance, weight and performance always sucks. e-motors are better - sweet 1500 watt motor with a 80Ah 60v battery and a little controller mod. 20 on the bike lane, 70 on open road, and that easy for 100 km
>>
>>1999805
Just get an ebike dummy
>>
>>1999805
People love eating pavement on the Vsett 9 because of the solid rear tire sliding out and the tiny ass 8.5" size. You're going to enjoy that experience too.
>>
File: 3000W-2021.jpg (68 KB, 1500x1500)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>1999805
First it depend of what you gonna do with it, if it's for city commuting (which is the main purpose of those little scooters) speed is not really important and btw NFC lock don't protect you from anything. If it's for road riding, long distance or offroading an E bike or electric scooter like picrel is better but more expensive.
I myself use E-scooter for commuting in an EU city so i favor compact size and low weight because bring the stuff with you is the best lock system you can have and i don't need 100 Km/h speed or 150 Km range so i have a 200Euros one with (real) 20 Km range and 30 Km/h speed for 12 Kg with basic suspension and solid tyre and even if i lost it it's not a big deal.The wheel size is important for safety reason and confort don't go under 8.5 and ideally 10. Suspension, big wheel, big battery is nice but heavier but if you plan to use it for going to work weight is not important since you can put it in secure place, powerfull engine is nice if you're heavy or you use it on slopped roads.
>>
>>1999805
They are all chinkshit.
Zhengshui self walking rickshaw co ltd, Cheng motor vehicle co ltd difference very slight, especially since most critical components such as battery aren't made by either of those and ordered from third party suppliers, and there money decides everything. 1 yuan less and you get no fuse and shitty BMS without balancing. 2 yuan more and you get actual waterproofing and BMS that wont kill cells.
That said, 10" tires is what you want if u wanna go 45 km/h. 8.5 inch too scary. 8.5 is scary for 25 km/h, let alone 45 km/h... unless you have so much fat you wanna grind it off using asphalt or something.
Motor watts are arbitrary.

Honestly, I dont understand the race to the top speed, its irrelevant. Anything above like 30 km/h is scary, anything above 25 km/h is illegal in EU. Why not make motors that actually have torque and can climb hills, with lower KV rating?
>>
>>2004364
damn EU is cucked, I can drive my VDM 10 at 50 in canada and the cops don't give a shit. and it can climb steep streets like in seattle while i'm carrying a backpack and heavy duffel.
>>
>>2004389
There was no regulation few years ago but there was so many accidents that they put a 25 Km/h limit but honestly i never hear about someone get a fine for riding at 45 maybe in Paris..
>>
Kek europoors are cucks as usual

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.