[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: whipper.jpg (2.79 MB, 3990x1870)
2.79 MB
2.79 MB JPG
t. 2022 Marin Alpine Trail E2
>>
I'm sorry anon but you've come to the wrong board. Everyone here, including me, is too poor to afford one. All you will get is seethe.
>>
File: 1716796476680627.jpg (38 KB, 500x375)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
do you have a disability?
>>
>>2001154
Well fugg
>>
File: 0pu669m91qm41.jpg (16 KB, 425x282)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
so as if driving your boing-boing toy to the mtb park wasn't fat enough, now you need to add a motor just in case the ski slope has a temporary flat section where you might need to pedal, I hate mountain "bikers" so much it's unreal
>>
>>2001181
Post bike
>>
>>2001158
anyone that posts on this shithole has a mental disability
>>
File: n.png (795 KB, 680x798)
795 KB
795 KB PNG
>>2001213
not doxxing myself but it's a canyon ultimate, and a felt breed, depending on where I'm going. what would you like to know next? my weight? I weigh 63 kg, without the help of ozempic, that's probably why I don't need an electric motor.
>>
>>2001254
>63kg
Does the wind ever carry you away
>>
>>2001271
no because my surface area is also lower than yours, in fact I'm considerably denser and therefore less vulnerable to winds. the drawback is that when I'm in water I have to actually swim, I can't just float like you
>>
>>2001254
I could brake you and your bike in half.
But I second your opinion on e-MTBs.
>>
I like the idea of e-bikes for transportation. For some reason the idea of a mountain bike is offensive to me, though. Doesn't seem fun.
>>
>>2001287
Agreed. While motoring is a disease and strong indicator of a weakness of both the body and mind the electric motorcycle remains a better choice all around when compared to the murdercage. It's a viable option to provide those who due to disability or degeneracy would otherwise be unable to participate in modern society with a means to do so.
>>
>>2001254
>63 kg
How cute
>>
itt: mountain "bikers" (sic) being amazed when they see someone who isn't morbidly obese, reminds me of when I had to go to a flyover state for work and everyone was confused because I ordered something with vegetables at lunch and the locals (all overweight of course) spent an inordinate amount of effort trying to understand why, they just couldn't wrap their heads around someone wanting to eat a vegetable
>why did. you order that anon? you don't need to diet, you're so thin!
>>
>>2001273
>im considerably denser

you got that right
>>
>>2001147
Kinda regret getting full sus as it turns out when I got an Ebike I preferred cross-country rather than trails and downhill.
>>
File: whippet.jpg (1.12 MB, 3986x1850)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB JPG
>>2001432
Looks good, what is it?
>>
Why not get a motor bike at this point ?
>>
File: the whip.jpg (2.31 MB, 3972x1852)
2.31 MB
2.31 MB JPG
>>2001635
No motorbike trails near me, only mtb trails
>>
>>2001432
Hey cube bro. I don't even go off road.
>>
>>2001741
What's the benefit for trails besides help climbing? I'd rather spend the money on a very high spec full sus that doesn't have a battery and motor weighing it down. I can see the point for xc and extending your range.
>>
>>2001837
>I don't even go off road
Based comfort croozer
>>
File: whippet good.jpg (3.17 MB, 3982x1854)
3.17 MB
3.17 MB JPG
>>2001840
The motor makes climbing actually fun, and the extra weight makes you able to plow down the hill even harder than an analogue. Its a win/win
>>
>>2001857
what happens if you try to climb in high gear? does the motor shit out and die? do you have to be in a granny gear for it to be viable? not shitting on e-bikes, just wondering.
>>
File: sunset whip.jpg (1.02 MB, 3986x1842)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
>>2001863
You climb in whatever gear is necessary and the motor is always there to pull you up the hill. I fly up the climbs now roosting around the berms on the way up, and instead of doing 2 descents like I would on my analogue I can now get 6+ descents in and Im not even knackered. Riding an analogue these now is boring as fuck, e-bikes are superior in every way.
>>
>>2001147
Based ebike enthusiasts
>>
>>2001866
>roosting around the berms on the way up
im sure you help with the trail maintenance too with all that energy you are saving.
>analogue
cringe
>>
File: whip.jpg (2.4 MB, 3982x1864)
2.4 MB
2.4 MB JPG
>>2002061
>im sure you help with the trail maintenance too
Ive been known to do a bit of trail building in my time
>>analogue
>cringe
Sounds like analogue cope to me
>>
>>2001147
>e-bikes
Enjoy not being a real cyclist, I guess. Fatass loser.
>>
File: the whipper.jpg (3.9 MB, 3972x1856)
3.9 MB
3.9 MB JPG
>>2002204
>a real cyclist
Lol, lmao even
>>
>>2002253
>>2002095
>>2001866
there's an offroad motorcycle tripfriend on /lgbt/ who you would probably get along with. they were into the macho-man "dirt bike lifestyle" for years, obviously coping, but she eventually cracked and went on estrogen and turned into a pretty girl. pretty cute too though more than a little unhinged.
>>
File: whip it good .jpg (2.13 MB, 3980x1848)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB JPG
>>2002269
>all that cope
Absolutely seething analogue rider
>>
>>2002273
? I'm just saying you might have a kindred spirit on another board, if you feel attacked that's on you
>>
What are your thoughts on electric dirt bikes? I've been thinking about saving up to buy one to fuck with but I've never ridden a dirt bike before (bicycles and motorcycles though). I know this is a MTB thread but they are similar things
>>
>>2002275
they are literally the same thing
>>
>>2002276
An electric MTB is still peddle powered. An electric dirtbike is definitely more powerful, faster, all engine no peddles, heavier, bigger, etc. They're definitely different enough though similar.
>>
>>2002275
Haven't riden one but saw one ripping around the trails the other night, looks like fun. Thinking about getting one myself as from a distance they just look like an emtb and unlike conventional dirt bikes you cant hear them from miles away so could probably get away with riding them on mtb trails. They arent heaps powerful but powerful enough for tighter trails
>>
>>2002280
Please don't
>>
>>2001154
nah, I'm going to replace my garbon fullsus with an emtb at some point because fuck climbing 10%+ gradients for 3 miles on that thing to get one goddamn run in. I'll leave that sort of "fun" to days on my road and grabel bikes, which are built for that sort of thing
>>
>>2002279
>tries to define what is a 'real cyclist'
>can't even spell 'pedal' properly
LOL fag
>>
So much copium in this thread, suprised you aren't all suffocating.
If you ride an e-bike, you're not a real cyclist, I don't care why you're doing it. If you're disabled I feel for you but don't think you're in the same class as someone who does the work and is capable of riding without electric assistance. That's just the way it is.
It's not like I'm even surprised by this. /n/ has always been full of total casuals who won't actually do the work to improve, they're happy to be weak and slow, vis-a-vis fixies and e-bikes.
>>
>>2002311
Nice blog post
Nobody cares what you think faggot.
>>
>>2002403
He's right though, keep coping fattie
>>
>>2002405
You're the one in a thread full of things you don't like (can't afford).
>>
>>2002421
You ebike people are a lot like brompton people, you thought about something with 2 wheels that cost more than $2000 for the first time in your life and that makes you a big spender because you don't associate with actual bike people just other hamplanets who think that's a lot
>>
>>2002455
I have a brompton as well you fucking poorfag bwahahahahah
>>
>>2002294
Was I wrong though? Is this thread not filled with seethe?
>>
whirwhirwhirwhirwhirwhirwhir
at least you guys are fast
>>
>>2002311
Oh no, how will I ever cope being labeled "not a real cyclist"???
>>
>>2002455
Post body
>>
>>2002512
FYI in the future if you want to sound like an actual brompton owner you say "I have a brompton as well, it cost (the exact price)", do better
>>
>>2002311
Post legs, I bet you won't leglette.
>>
YWNBAC
>>
>>2001147
Why do e bike riders make this board sneed so much?
>>
>>2002639
i go to the woods to get away from motorized vehicles. and the dui-mobiles that are flying down the sidewalks make people even more hostile to us regular riders.
>>
>>2002645
Its not like theyre cars s why does it even bother you when youre innawoods? I dont get all it
>>
>>2002648
many of them lack etiquette. riding your ass on a climb. damaging the trails riding in the wet because they have no concept of trail maintenance. "roosting around the berms on the way up" like that cool guy that posted earlier. more crowded trails because these people wouldn't make it up any of the climbs without a motor.

the only reason these abominations got so popular is because they were waiving the tariffs (at least in the US.) that is set to expire, so hopefully prices skyrocket and these apes can go get their cheap thrill somewhere else.
>>
File: the cope maker.jpg (3.66 MB, 3980x1856)
3.66 MB
3.66 MB JPG
>>2002652
Holy shit lmfao the absolute cope coming from you. You are so mad you keep lurking the thread jumping at the chance to make a reply
>the big scary emtb riders are meanies to me
>they ride my slow arse on the climbs because I lack the etiquette to get out of their way
>im the only one that could possibly make it up hills without a motor
>they must be fat because I said so
>they never do any trail maintenance because I said so
You sound like a little girl. Post body twink, I guarantee I mog your scrawny little whinging arse
>>
>>2002653
im not the only one posting in this thread.
your points are retarded.
i like how you post pictures of your bike NEXT to the features and not riding them because you have no friends to ride with.
>>
File: whippy.jpg (3.05 MB, 3636x1690)
3.05 MB
3.05 MB JPG
>>2002654
Lmfao post body twink, lets see those skinny little arms and legs
>>
I'm a purist, but the idea of e-mtb is growing on me. Would be amazing to have a long travel full sus bike that I can climb steeply and do 100 mile days on. But no doubt I'd need to carry an extra battery for that and the cost is just prohibitive realistically. Don't see the prices of used e-bikes going down much either, unless the battery is exhausted since the motor+battery will hold value more than other parts.
>>
File: 1638036965591-2.png (7 KB, 311x384)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
i like overtaking e-mtbs on the uphill
>>
>>2002655
post body, let's see those pit stains from the exertion of moving your beer gut to the fridge once an hour
>>
>>2002686
C'mon little man, show us what this epitome of fitness looks like. post body and don't forget the timestamp.
>>
I saw an e-mtber today on the dirt. Was flying with low cadence+full face so that's what I presume he was.
>>
I went on a ride on Sunday, and 80% of the bikers were riding e-bikes.
It's the future, regardless of what you think.
>>
>>2002665
Why do you care? You don't know them. What's the difference between overtaking them and cycling up an empty road? Do you understand why you like it? Do you understand what that says about you?
>>
>>2001147
I love ebikes but I cant afford one
>>
>>2001147
What are they like on the climbs?
>>
File: 1679243844707786.png (121 KB, 512x512)
121 KB
121 KB PNG
>>2002723
hehe fatso gets left to dust
>>
>>2002720
Its just a fad. People with ebikes are already lazy by nature and are not the kind of people who normally like to spend a lot of time outdoors. Most of them buy an ebike, ride it a few weekends, and when it comes time for maintenance, or they get bored with their local trails, they'll think its too much of a hassle.
Sure ebikes are here to stay, but it'll probably just be for old retired dentists in the long term.
>>
>>2002723
>Do you understand why you like it? Do you understand what that says about you?
NTA but why are you so oblivious to why someone has a competitive nature in what is typically viewed as a competitive sport? E-bike fatties will never understand the enjoyment of friendly competition I guess.
>>
>>2002931
Effortless
>>
>>2002931
They make the climbs actually fun, not as fun as the descents but much more fun than they are on an analogue
>>2002949
>Its just a fad.
Youre dreaming. Youve painted this caricature in your mind of what you think an ebike rider is that couldnt be further from the truth. There might be old boomers riding around the streets on ebikes but everybody I see and talk to on the trails with ebikes are young and middle aged riders who cant be fucked with the climbs anymore and enjoy getting in 3 times as many descents than they would on their analogues.
>>
>>2003035
stop saying analogue.
there are mtbs and there are e-mtbs.
analog and digital are signals. bikes are not signals and digital bike doesn't make sense just like analog bike doesn't make sense.
>>
>>2003036
>stop saying analogue.
No
>>
>>2001147
Nice looking bike
>>
>>2003087
Thanks
>>
>>2002948
>>2002958
And what about when you try that on me? And you find out my mid drive ebike can effortlessly wheelie uphill at 30mph? Will you feel like you lost? Will you try to keep pace? Will you cry and yell cheat? I suppose I won't know, because when I'm on a ride I don't think about you at all.
>>
>>2001147
Im looking at buying one of these but the 2024 model with the bosch motor
>>
>e-mtb
unironically just buy at dirtbike at that point, you'll get a lot more for your money if you look for a decent craigslist deal
the appeal of MTBs is that they're entirely mechanical
>>
>>2003312
>The appeal of an MTB is that it's entirely mechanical

What do you mean by this? The appeal of an MTB for me is that it's a bike, I don't see why a battery is mutually exclusive. And an eMTB and a 2-stroke dirt bike are leagues apart in use-case
>>
Where can I rent some new high end emtbs for a few hours and specifically take them to a trail system (moto-friendly, obviously, I’m not a rulebreaking fucktard)? Bike retail shop? Adventure Tour business? Pls help this may be my last chance to get my buddy into serious mtb rides alongside me
>>
File: 1717379445090669.png (2 KB, 312x293)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>2003355
translation: the appeal is having a motorcycle without having the responsibilities that come with driving a motorcycle
>>
>>2003364
Yes, exactly! You get it :)
>>
>>2003312
Nowhere to ride them where I live because the government are cunts
>>
>>2003451
OHV and dirt bike trail systems are underrated honestly
>>
File: IMG_20231104_130837.jpg (3.77 MB, 3264x2448)
3.77 MB
3.77 MB JPG
Grible hub master race rider bumping the tread.
I had to go ebike as my knees and hips were giving me issues for being an old fag. Best decision I've made.
>>
>>2003547
Based
>>
File: mr whip.jpg (2.29 MB, 4012x1842)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB JPG
>>2003547
Lovely scenery
>>
3 musketeers or milky way I know my decision whats yours
>>
>>2003852
>ebike
>candy bars
really leaning into the staying-fat lifestyle, huh?
>>
Found some places renting out full-size Levo’s for $100 each, gonna rent one myself (who wants to try an ebike) and my friend (who wants to buy an ebike). He wants to hit the pedal-up bike park, get a bunch of laps in, but I’m thinking we could do that on unpowered bikes just as easily. I’m thinking a moto trail system with long epic rolling trails, thinking it’ll complement the heavy ebike weight better than bike park jumps and also let us really stretch out that motor power. There’s also a long mountain trail about 3 hours away that I know is an ebiker’s favorite, but I’m worried about 5 hours of freeway driving with two full size ebikes on the back. All other nearby trail options I know of are off limits.
What’s the best kind of ride to introduce yourself to ebikes with?
>>
>>2003976
Take it to the mountain trail
>>
>>2001147
How much do these things cost?
>>
>>2004445
about $350
>>
>>2004445
$4000-6000 minimum
>>
>>2004457
6k for a good one?
>>
>>2004472
Yeah that’ll do the trick. You can maybe pull off something decent for $4000 but it could have a crap-ass fork or an older shimano steps motor or something. $6000 definitely gets you a few solid options with modern-generation motors and reasonably quality parts
>>
>>2004547
$6k isnt too bad considering
>>
I like your bike
>>
>>2004547
full pads and gym clothes.
running shoes so he can get some exercise after he finishes his ride.
thumb covering the dropper lever because he might need to adjust it in the middle of his sick maneuver.
i mean it probably looks cool to the target demographic of people that don't actually ride bikes, but lol.
>>
>>2004776
>noooo you have to wear my approved apparel otherwise youre not a real mountain biker
kek, lmao
>>
>>2004776
Embarrassing that you'd care so much
>>
>>2004778
if you can afford a 6k toy, you can afford some shorts that won't bunch up and get caught on your saddle. likewise, stiff shoes that actually grip the pedals will make for a safer ride than full pads.

>>2004782
says the faggot that made a thread so he could post all the pictures from the photoshoot he did with his ebike
>>
File: making anon sneed.jpg (3.48 MB, 3978x1852)
3.48 MB
3.48 MB JPG
>>2004786
Holy kek youre STILL here seething and coping LMFAO
Also this >>2004782 wasnt me, this was >>2004778
>>
>>2004787
ya i knew one of them was you because nobody else cares about this thread. you already posted this picture, better take more pictures of your digital bike next time you go out.
>>
File: the sneed machine .jpg (3.67 MB, 3980x1862)
3.67 MB
3.67 MB JPG
>>2004789
>nobody else cares about this thread
Lmao yet here you are
Your tears are delicious btw
>>
>>2004790
kek, lmao
>>
>>2002547
You first, e-bike fag.
You go ahead and bring your heavy-ass overpriced e-bike on a 50 mile road ride in the hills with me. I'll leave you in the dust on one of the climbs and finish the course, meanwhile you'll run out of charge and have to call your mommy to pick you up.

E-bikes are fine for otherwise disabled people, and I'll even admit if you're using it to get to school or your job, or even to run some easy errands, they might even make sense. But you who act like you're superior to those of us who don't choose an e-bike are just huge fags and deserve all the hate you get. If you have an e-bike and you're just treating it like a moped and out fucking around on it and have no practical use for it, then you're just an annoying jerk who needs to fuck off.
>>
>>2002663
>I'm a purist, but the idea of e-mtb is growing on me. Would be amazing to have a long travel full sus bike that I can climb steeply and do 100 mile days on. But no doubt I'd need to carry an extra battery for that and the cost is just prohibitive realistically. Don't see the prices of used e-bikes going down much either, unless the battery is exhausted since the motor+battery will hold value more than other parts.
E-bikes are a product of the bike companies jumping on the fact that gasoline prices are ridiculous, people want to save money on it, and regular bikes are not popular with all the obese people because they're too fat and unfit to ride them worth a damn, and class-1/2 e-bikes (i.e. pedal assist) give them the *illusion* that they're getting exercise, when really they're not doing shit. Then there's the people who buy the cheap e-bikes from overseas companies that have a switch to change them from class-1/2 to class-3, and they're out on bike paths that are not designed for it or allow class-3, they're riding >20mph, don't have the skill to handle a bike at that spped, and it's so damn heavy that it can't maneuver quickly in an emergency on a narrow bike path to start with. Where I live the rangers see all these motorized things and know it's just a matter of time before accidents happen but the laws allow it all as 'mobility devices'.
>>
What about bike/hike trails and then separate bike/ebike trails
>>
>>2004843
>im a soiboy lycrafag
opinion discarded
>>
>mtb costs more than your car
>mtb costs more than your ebike
both are acceptable
>>
Ebikes are the best! So much more fun
>>
>>2004786
Are you a faggot? Why are you so concerned with how his pants bunch up in his crotch?

Quit posing, it doesn't fucking matter that much what people wear. Except maybe to you, because you're a faggot
>>
>>2005250
Its not gay to look at other men and the shorts riding up their arse
>>
>>2004844
>give them the *illusion* that they're getting exercise
Light exercise is exercise
>>
>>2001432
What bike would be best for cross-country cycling, then? I'm kinda in the same boat, but all the bikes I see in shops are either full mtbs or hybrid "city" bikes.
>>
>>2005564
Youd have to get a hardtail emtb
>>
>>2005250
if you ever rode in basketball shorts, you would know that they bunch up and are uncomfortable to ride in. even jeans are more comfortable. it also sucks when your shorts get caught on your saddle because they are loose and stretchy.
this may not apply to motorbikers that just press the throttle to accelerate.
i was just talking about how stupid that picture is, but the fact you took such offense is funny.
>>
>>2004776
Runners or hikers are the only acceptable shoes to wear outdoors.
>>
>>2005656
do you think soccer players should not wear cleats?
>>
>>2004790
hey bro what size handlebars do you use
>>
>>2005639
I almost exclusively ride in gym shorts no undies
And Everytime I do I never think about other mens choice in pants
I do think about banging your mom, a lot
>>
File: IMG_3314.jpg (3.27 MB, 4032x3024)
3.27 MB
3.27 MB JPG
>>2001147
Merida E-One Sixty. Its almost 4 years old now. Been riding it every_single_day.
Upgraded everything. Only thing left is frame and Motor.
-Chipped
-36x9
-DT exc1200 ultralight carbon rims tubeless 120 TPI tyres
-Hope Tech V4 brakes sintered metal pads Galfer 203mm rotors
- Cane Creek DB sus
-Sram AXS 12sp eagle xx1 chain waxed
- DJI action 2 camera mounted under magic shine lights

used to post on /n/ regularly since 2015 dont but come here anymore because of the vitriol from poorfags constantly seething

Good luck with the thread.
>>
>>2006026
780mm
>>2006087
Nice rig mate! How many kms on the clock?
>>
>>2006327
Hard to say, chipping will give an inaccurate odometer reading and also i warrantied the motor after about year or so because of a shitty bearing on the output shaft. Everything on that bike has been replaced/upgraded except frame battery forks and handlebars.

Best thing i have ever spent money on. The golden age of shimano. I dont know what the hell is wrong with them lately. Even Merida Dropped them and are going to Bosh in 2025 :/
>>
>>2005635
>hardtail emtb
Thanks m8

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.