[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/n/ - Transportation

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_4279.jpg (82 KB, 960x551)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
Anybody here working in trucking/dispatch/freight brokering or something related?

Seems like there's no love for trucking on this board
>>
>>2008322
Trucking has always gone to /o/ for whatever reason. Goes back to the Truckerfag threads well over 10 years ago, but even those threads are pretty rare nowadays.
>>
>>2008323
>always
nope
depends on the mood of the current janny
>>
>>2008322
I did it for a few years before the pamademic
and one year of heavy haul in 2021

ax me anything
>>
>>2008688
What's something that dispatchers usually dont know that you think that they should know?
>>
>>2008887
They are terrible at estimating time it will take you to get somewhere.
I would try to tell them about road construction and traveling to miss rush hour in major cities,
They dont get it, To be fair its more complex than you might think with your hours of service
>>
>>2008910
What about fuel costs? How steep is the difference between hauling a 5k lbs load vs 25k vs 45k actually?
>>
File: 1672461251678839.jpg (89 KB, 603x600)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>2008925
If I am really light, I can get as much as 10 MPG
When heavy and in the mountains on I80 between denver and salt lake, its more like 5 to 6
>>
>>2008939
I-80 doesn’t even go into Colorado.
>>
>>2008688
How much money you made? Why you quit?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.